FORMULA 1 ARAMCO MAGYAR NAGYDIG 2022 - Budapest...RACE.. ▀▄▀▄▀▄ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 21 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO MAGYAR NAGYDIG 2022 - Budapest...RACE.. ▀▄▀▄▀▄ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jul 31, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  2. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    I meant Christian, we all know he can be dramatic

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He had nopace but was much faster than checo, so clearly he had enough pace

ingegnere likes this.
  5. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Going for my first race at Monza in September, would have been extra special to see Ferrari being relevant. Thanks Mattia, Rueda and all responsible for this level of incompetence and limiting my enjoyment . Second the above statement , fire them all at once! Unacceptable, and then to blame the car. Next …

barkanddex, TheMayor and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  6. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I hope you have fun. If you can get there a few days early take the tour of the old banking.

montegoblue, jgonzalesm6 and werewolf like this.
  7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Perfect summary of the situation.

barkanddex likes this.
  8. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Inaki Rueda strikes again. Midway through the season would be a good point for Binotto to make fundamental changes starting with the so called strategy team that has contributed to over 75 lost points so far in the season.

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari needs to act now. Binotto needs to deliver his opinion at the factory tomorrow (actually, I hope he's in Maranello right now and having a rather difficult meeting). Binotto HAS to recognize his limitations. It's fine that he has them, everyone does. But he needs to suggest to Ferrari exactly what his plan of action is, and Ferrari needs to tell him "ask what you want and we'll give it to you". Binotto needs to recognize his faults and suggest a deputy take up the parts he's not good in. This same deputy will also need to formulate a plan to restructure the strategy delivery. These strategy teams are all the same in the end, a huge data center spitting out numbers, analyzing and predicting the race on a second by second basis. There is a fundamental fault from these numbers going to the main strategy guys and either the interpretation of it (something I doubt, as you can't seriously get this job and not understand the numbers) or rather there is a severe disconnect between the strategy guys and the pitwall. They are not reading the race. Time and time again. And they're better off acting NOW and prepare for next season or we'll simply lose 2023 as well. It takes time to change a regime.

Keep lobbing off the head of the top guy clearly doesn't work either. BUT, if Binotto walks in the office and claims there is nothing wrong with the strategy or structure, he's either blind, stupid, or actively working against Ferrari.

10. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    The guy behind Carlos?

I know you think CL is the fastest guy on the grid, but he only had pace on the mediums.
    They obviously would have done better had they left him out, fair criticism, but a win was in no way guaranteed.

Arguing that is just gaslighting, which is what Sky and the British media are doing, creating discord in the team.

CL can be disappointed, but hopefully he's smarter than to believe all the media BS.

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Know what, why don't you go troll your dog, he's probably more interested on your opinion than i do. You like carlos? good for you, he seems like a nice guy, but in terms of F.1, he's in Barrichelo, Irvine, Coulthr league, wich is fine, it takes a lot talent to reach that level, but to pretend he's even near guys like Charles is just trolling or blindness. End of conversation.

root, Giallo 550 and barkanddex like this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

End of story as ritm is concerned.

Giallo 550 and ingegnere like this.
  13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    No, actually. I think he means the guy that got screwed for an extra pit stop—and so didn’t get the most use of the best tire for them today—and still finished within a handful of seconds behind Carlos.

And I know the Brit press is good at gaslighting but you should read the Italian press, comments in Italian on Ferrari’s Twitter account and watch Sky Italia. Just saw they showed the podium guys in the cool down room laughing at the images showing LEC on hards and asking what Ferrari was thinking.

stavura, furoni, Giallo 550 and 2 others like this.
  14. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Happy to take your money if you wanna bet on that.

15. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I was worried that it would rain and that this would require some tough strategy calls but maybe rain would have been better today. The Ferraris were good in the rain yesterday and so maybe even the strategists wouldn’t have messed up the results no matter how hard they tried.

16. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Change for the sake of change is not a strategy. Fire everyone, F sucks, self pity, etc, etc. Right. That solves nothing.

Tell you one thing. Sky and the brit media will be laughing their butts off if F falls apart completely from all the media distraction.

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah know... they said all last season they were working on the car for this season which is why they did so poorly last season.

Watching Mercedes beat their asses again today just don't cut it.

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I have this to say on the Sainz - Leclerc battle:

Leclerec is the more talented driver. Sainz, now that he likes the car, is doing a great job as well and is very close to Charles, but a betting man would put his money on Charles.

However, and I've noticed this a few times this year, Sainz seems better at reading the race, what's happening around him and chooses his strategy based on what he feels some times rather than accept whatever Ferrari does. Leclerc just accepts it. Just like this race, Leclerc says the medium is very good and wants to stay on the tire. A few laps later Max pits and Ferrari tells Lec to box as well. There's no argument from Charles to keep going longer. No questioning the strategy at all or even which tire to go on. From a team that regularly ****s up the strategy I'd at least expect some questions...

I'm not saying drivers should question everything as some times their pit wall is fantastic and you blindly follow their advice, but it's something I noticed.

19. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    As I stated before. Charles needs to stand up for himself with the team. Ferrari will mow him down as they have done with him and others in the past. I feel Binotto is condescending towards him. Could of been the finger waving from the last race.

Bas and ingegnere like this.
  20. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Best thing he said: We will speak inside the team.
    Everything else is BS. And she kept scratching.

Good thing he didn't start laughing the few times he wanted to. :D

That's all it takes. CL is getting mugged and he's happy talking about it.

That's why it was nice seeing Russell upset.

Bas likes this.
  21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Nobody is saying fire everyone—they built a very good car this year, for example—but the strategy team has sucked for years now. So it’s not a knee-jerk reaction to say fix the strategy team—it’s an obvious very weak part of the operations and needs to be fixed. It’s Binotto’s job as team principal to fix the problem. If he has no clout or ability to do so, maybe he’s not the right guy for the TP job.

stavura, LVP488, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    #522 crinoid, Jul 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    RB said they were planning on starting on hards and then changed. So it seems that should the weather have cooperated hards were a good choice. RB saw that the plan wasn’t optimal because of the conditions had changed. Ferrari seemingly just went with the plan oblivious or despite the changing conditions.

23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

The Red Bull pitwall is more racey than Ferrari's, and they allow some common sense to enter their equations.

stavura, william, ingegnere and 5 others like this.
  24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Not only that, which is absolutely spot on, didn't Ferrari see the lap times from Alonso and Ocon when they went on the hards??? They were very slow and the hards were not coming up to temperature due to the track temperature being like 20 degrees cooler than Saturday and Friday.

Doesn't Ferrari have these tools at their disposal???

[SMH]

And then Binotto saying the car didn't have the pace........WHAT????.....He's blaming the car instead of blaming his strategist for switching Leclerc to Hards on lap 38!!!

25. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Ferrari is losing on purpose, brainstorming new ways to lose each time. Building back better, that old brand image of zero reliability Italian fire drill team.