FORMULA 1 ARAMCO MAGYAR NAGYDIG 2022 - Budapest...RACE.. ▀▄▀▄▀▄ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 24 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO MAGYAR NAGYDIG 2022 - Budapest...RACE.. ▀▄▀▄▀▄ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jul 31, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    tonyc and JJ like this.
  2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
  3. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Well, you certainly won’t have to do that anymore.

william likes this.
  4. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Yeah well, except he did neither. Nor did he do most of the other things he's being blamed for on here. What he did do was to say that the car wasn't as quick as they had been on Friday or expected to be in the race. What he didn't do was to say that they needed the car to be at least one or two seconds a lap quicker than everyone else just to make up for all the terrible strategy calls they were making.

The mistake they made was trying to cover the RB/Merc stops when they needed to run their own race. All the teams seemed to be working under the assumption that overtaking was going to be 'impossible' when in fact it was quite straightforward with these new car rules, DRS and a disparity in tyre performance.

Had they run SAI and LEC on HAM's strategy (since they started on the same compound), they almost certainly would have won the race. But chasing RUS and VER's strategy when they started on completely different compounds was just folly.

root, 375+ and lagunacc like this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I’m starting to think the strategists are more focused on Sainz than LEC and Binotto is being fed BS by the strategists based on Sainz’s performance:

gh0st0 and 375+ like this.
  6. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013

Not entirely accurate.

Mattia Binotto, Team Principal & Managing Director
    Today’s result is unsatisfactory. In general, we did not perform well, with the car unable to reproduce Friday’s pace and in terms of how we managed the strategy and pit stops.

--

F got LH's tires wrong in the press release: "He (Sainz) also got overtaken by Lewis Hamilton on newer Mediums and had to settle for fourth place."

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Well acording to some experts around here Sainz is better than Charles.....i guess that's why he's slower every single race.....

garrobitto, root, gh0st0 and 2 others like this.
  8. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    On.

9. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Minor detail - and still finishes ahead.

:D

Patrick Dixon likes this.
  10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

FORMULA 1 NEWS
    Horner: "Not one ounce" of me wishes Ferrari was putting up better F1 fight
    Red Bull team boss Christian Horner says there is "not one ounce" of him that wishes Ferrari was putting up a closer fight in the Formula 1 championship battle.

gh0st0 likes this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    They changed their tune since Binotto’s TV interviews yesterday. Even their Twitter—which was absolutely trashed by comments yesterday for taking the p*** and treating fans like idiots—changed their tune to almost an admission of massive screw-up:

As for getting the tires of Sainz and HAM, well that’s just another symptom maybe of their problems with situational awareness or communication.

13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Barely ahead and only thanks to the extra pit stop imposed on LEC by the strategy brain trust.

LEC had the fastest race pace of all yesterday and lost it all with the extra pit stop. Sainz was on average over .3 slower per lap:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, he was too slow, didn't even managed to chalenge boygeorge.....he's gettin there, but it's taking him too long, and of CV ourse, hard work alone can't replace talent, or lack of it.

ingegnere likes this.
  15. LittleTino

LittleTino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 14, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Brit? I assumed he had to be an Agnelli, as that is the only explanation on how he could possibly still have the job.

ingegnere and 375+ like this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Castrate him.

17. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Say what you want about Christian, but at least he's honest with that statement. Compare that Toto who always talked about how he wished there was competition over the last 8 years, then did everything to stuff them via their favorable treatment and relationship the powers at be.

gh0st0, stavura, Bas and 4 others like this.
  18. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I’ll say again: this guy’s the smartest guy on the pit wall. Wish Ferrari had him.

I don’t understand the hate for Horner—especially from Brits; must be HAM lovers—as I don’t understand why not everybody can see Toto as the most disingenuous, greasy, unlikeable, lying **** in the paddock.

stavura, Bas, Edward 96GTS and 4 others like this.
  19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    As I wrote, taking the ****. People watching are not stupid. Glad they’re being called out on this. Hopefully they’ll do something about it.

20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Horner was at the beginning of the Red Bull team.
    Wolff is a great team manager but all the real works was already done by Brawn, Schumi, Lowe, Costa etc ..
    Indeed huge difference to my eyes.

21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 agree

22. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Yeah. Me thinks there's some kind of jealousy involved. He seems to have it made with his cute Spice Girl wife and all . . . .

Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  23. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    He's not leaving RB.

Bas likes this.
  24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yup. He gets an insane amount of hate from many sides and I can't fathom it.