812 Replacement Rumors | Page 68 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    If you wanna bet a big buck on anything on this car, I'm in :D !

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Will you take this bet?

Reveal December 2023, first EU customer delivery June 2024, first US customer delivery October 2024...

maybe an additional bet for this:

HELE not-defeatable, soft limiter preventing engine rev over 4K when in idle, hot tubes to send engine induction sounds directly inside passenger cabin and no back window...

3. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    there is may be some truth :D

4. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Nah, you're out with your inside information!
    I still stand with that V12 being a certainty.

5. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I think we tend to obfuscate the fastest and best performing Ferrari with the V12. Things have changed. The SF90 came out as a faster and more expensive car placed above both the V8 and V12 offerings. Then the 296 came out as the lighter V6, a baby SF90 if you will.

The graphic presentation of the V12 engine existing in the future as an “Icona” brand refers both to the limited edition special cars as well as perhaps referencing a future line car that would not really be cutting edge in terms of power and performance. I believe a front engine car is not ideal. No turbo or electric boost may be preferred by some, but today I think represents yielding the crown for speed and combined power.

Shack, Caeruleus11, F2003-GA and 3 others like this.
  6. DrUmBeAsT

DrUmBeAsT Rookie

Jul 13, 2016
    Cologne
    Full Name:
    Bo
    Maybe you aren´t completely out of luck with any bet you make... after all he bet his life on the "fact" that the 812 VS would be called GTO ;)

7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Power today is an anecdote, 830 hp in the Competizione is already far too much for the road and beyond the capacity of 98% of owners.
    Afterwards, we are in the nonsense if we seriously ask ourselves the question

BJK, 430jm, Bundy and 4 others like this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I would love it if Ferrari adopted a similar approach as Porsche with their “GT” division. If Ferrari had a “Heritage” division where they make no claims or attempts at the fastest car but rather focus on a NA V12 that invokes the feelings of their rich heritage...I’m all in. I don’t need faster and faster, for the road I think it is idiotic.
    Give me:
    1. A classic Ferrari design, beautiful feminine curves. Minimal ducts and aero BS.
    2. Front-mid engined NA V12. I’m fine if they actually stop trying to make more H.P. than the 812. Maybe work on efficiency.
    3. Leather leather and more leather. Heritage leather. Like sitting in a baseball mitt. :)
    4. Analog gauges, jeweled finishes. Yes, I want my gas gauge to be a needle on a dial, and the clock...
    5. A manual option. Why not? It’s not like they haven't the manufacturing skills to do it.

Hey Ferrari! Yeah, you guys in Maranello reading this right now (I know you are) why don’t you listen to us!? Huh!?
    Print this post and go drop it off on your dumbass CEO’s desk.
    Thanks.

9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    BTW...I just created a poll for this in the general Ferrari section. Please respond. :)

10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    If they did such a grotesque mixing up it would mean that the people who are running Ferrari do not have a clue how models are positioned in terms of hierarchy . :)

11. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    Having around 600ps under my right foot, i wouldn't mind having an extra 100-200ps.
    Regarding your points i am all in.
    Except the last point.
    Although i am a middle aged , i don't miss a manual at all.
    Would take auto with paddle shifters any day.
    And one more think, i wish they lose 200-300 kilos.

italiafan likes this.
  12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Did I write this? Except they should not stop trying to gain more hp.

italiafan and F2003-GA like this.
  13. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Let’s call the new V12 Roma the Vroma, put shields on every panel, can be ordered only in red with tan fatigued leather interior, have a gated shifter and paddles for the uninitiated, have the Italian flag tricolor stripe right up the middle(while we are at it on the leather seats and dashboard too), high profile Z rated tires for that dated look, manual roll up windows to save a pound or two from its bloated 4100 pound weight…
    Uhhh, nightmare is over(I hope!)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Bad idea. That means filth/***** in Greek...

One could argue that even 300 BHP is enough for most roads; hell I have been scared by a humble E46 M3, no to mention the F430, numerous times. Should we have stayed at that power levels though? Of course not! If it were up to day355, we would still have F355s being produced. That guy refuses any evolution, whatsoever...

BILLYS62 likes this.
  15. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    This guy has done 55,000 km in 355 Challenge including the 7th time at Mugello and has been driving for 7 years in F 12.
    So evolution through progress yes, evolution through regression no.
    And when I tell you that 800 hp is too much for the road, it's the truth...
    I don't buy a car to satisfy my ego and talk over meals that I have 1,200 hp that is totally useless and dangerous. I need emotion and pleasure of the senses.
    Now, if I had the power to decide on the manufacture of a car, I would have produced an SP 3 on an aluminum chassis and with a much better design for 600 k.
    End of parenthesis.

16. market-reasearch

Silver Subscribed

Jul 21, 2021
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    D. Gabathuler
    There is other areas to make the successor even more engaging. Design, aero, weight, suspension, steering, feel. The engine is strong enough. Such an iconic brand shouldn’t just focus on power and drag race numbers. Corner speed, feel and engagement is what counts for me.

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Problem is that you are still stuck in the 355 mate. When I first drove one, I was gobsmacked. By today's standards is it just a slow car though. Yes, I agree, we do not need 700 or 1000 HP road cars. Ferrari was always about power though. You are Italian, Enzo was all about the engine. Potenza! ;)

BILLYS62 and Ultralab like this.
  18. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    As an owner of a 812gts I think Ferrari has made a gem of a car. Chris Harris said in a recent video that “this could be peak Ferrari”.
    The car is amazing touring car, sports car and convertible rolled into one. Just had it out at the circuit in Mt. Tremblant Quebec and it almost defied physics in the corners.
    Sure there’s faster and sharper but I hope Ferrari doesn’t forget that cars should stir the soul and not just show off numbers on paper. I’ve driven Teslas etc that are horsepower monsters but my heart remained uninterested. Cars today are basically too fast for the road so the incessant horsepower race is meaningless. Give me a Ferrari that stirs the heart and soul and you’ve made an amazing successor. Give me power and video game screens and you’ve lost the passion of the brand.
    Let’s hope someone in Maranello reads this and keeps the passion alive.

Thecadster, italiafan, Shack and 2 others like this.
  19. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Everytime i drive my 550 with the 6-1 Fiammenghi headers, i have these emotions.

Daniel

Mellow_Maranello and Bundy like this.
  20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Bravo!

Spider68 likes this.
  21. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I know- most appropriate if they stick us with a Roma clone

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    My Speciale with ~600 hp has more than enough power and performance for scintillating driving down country lanes.

23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Totally agree… Speciale has the perfect balance of power to weight ratio that I feel comfortable with.
    Anything more than 700hp can get one in trouble real quick. TDF and 812 can be scary fast and I won’t mash the throttle in the TDF unless conditions are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You’re up early Sunday Eddie! :)

plastique999 likes this.
  25. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Ferrari should have focused on weight and size, rather than increasing power.
    The cars are much too big and heavy, we lose a lot of feedback