What's For Dinner? | Page 840 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Fired up the grill today, and at regular dinner time since I can do it any time I want now. :)

Grabbed a bunch of stuff the other day to make grilled skewers. Andouille sausage, sweet peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini. Then some grilled corn with homemade jalapeño butter and a salad. Tasty.

Thought I had onion to add to the skewers but I didn't. So grabbed a couple green onions out of the garden and tossed them on the grill to char. They are still pretty small. Lost one into the fire :(

Have enough for a few days. It's kind of a mess on the plate, shoulda snapped a pic on the skewer. But it was good.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    My grandma used to make fried zucchini flowers. That brings back memories.

Fajitas from a small mom and pop place in Marietta, OK. Tasty. And, a ton of food. Wife had beef, I ordered chicken. Both were excellent.

T

5. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    FWIW, wife bought one of these last week. A friend of hers had a Gastric Sleeve procedure about 8 months ago and has lost a lot of weight. The hospital clinic that is managing her nutrition suggested this for making low calorie high protein deserts. Wife makes different flavors of ice cream using Slim Fast and 2-3 tbs of Jello Pudding +- added Protein powder; ~200 cals per pint. Wife is trying to reduce cals because weather has been so hot that her weekly running milage is down, even going out at 4:30 AM when it's "cool".
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

arizonaitalian, TexasF355F1 and tomc like this.
  6. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks pretty good. I tried a couple of the low carb versions but they all tasted pretty horrible, very chalky is the best way I could describe it.

7. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I had leftovers tonight...surprise surprise. But I found a couple hot dog buns tucked in the fridge so had the andouille on a bun then chopped up the veggies and tossed with some butter and parm.

8. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    She has tried various settings and flavor combinations. The Chocolate Slim Fast + 2-3 tbs Chocolate pudding was really good. So far the best consistency is achieved with two runs of the Ice cream mode; that batch of chocolate in the photo was really good! For her, bottom line is 300 cals/pint vs 1050 cals/pint.

9. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I.T. Guy, NbyNW and tomc like this.
  10. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Raconteur, I.T. Guy, NbyNW and 2 others like this.
  11. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I.T. Guy, NbyNW, Jdubbya and 3 others like this.
  12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    What was the umami factor like on your 100 day steak? I had 60 day aged years back at David Burke's Primehouse in Chicago and it was perfect. Tasted like a really beefy steak with mushroom overtones. An extra month of dry adding must amp up the umami...T

I.T. Guy likes this.
  13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Nice!! Runs on propane, I assume? Everything tastes better when you have a canine sous chef!
    T

I.T. Guy likes this.
  14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    So, is this an ice cream maker? Shake maker? All of that?

T

P.s. You putting many miles on your 575 in these crazy hot temps? I've probably put less than 1000 miles on the Cali this summer. It's only been below 80 F once that I recall since we got back from our trip about 3 weeks ago...T

15. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Had lasagna last night from the local Greek/Italian place. Tonight its Pizza Hut night. Little Caesars doesn't have the calzone anymore or Id have one. Other Calzone place is too far for delivery. Pizza Hut is the closest for delivery.

16. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    The 575 has been trapped in a garage for 7 months during home remodel, finish line in sight. The upper driveway has been blocked by storage Pods. My next trip will likely be to Dallas for annual service and whatever else turns up.

17. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Bummer dude. Y’all going to Crescent this year?

18. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Can't make it due to finishing remodel. Delayed making decision as long as possible but project running about a month longer than projected; which isn't bad considering all of the crap that has happened the past year.

19. boostedt0y

boostedt0y Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    umami factor is very high. On top of mushroom tones you also get Parmesan cheese.

tomc likes this.
  20. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

We were talking about lobster rolls so did a takeoff of them and made Phillips Seafood crab cake rolls. With cold broccoli cheese soup and a salad.

I.T. Guy, arizonaitalian and tomc like this.
  21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Been there, done that. About the time we bought the Cali, we did a whole home reno.
    I told my wife never again! The good folks @ Boardwalk baby sit the Cali for us for part of the time, and part of the time we had to park it in a garage that was literally a few inches wider than the car. Talk about white knuckle driving!
    Hope everything turns out perfect for you guys...T

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    NbyNW, Dr. E and max930 like this.
  23. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Homemade spaghetti and meatballs.

24. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

We go thru Blue Earth occasionally and didn’t know The Green Giant was there. Guess we fill up with gas a keep moving. The Shell station right off the interstate has really good fudge.

Shell
    (507) 526-5066
    https://goo.gl/maps/e6nGbFbGh3qJMnFp7

tomc likes this.
  25. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed