Ferrari Clubs | FerrariChat

Ferrari Clubs

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by DiamondDog, Aug 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    I am in Orange County. Is the Ferrari Owners Club a different club or affiliation than Ferrari Club of America?

2. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    yes,

FCA west LA is the drivers group.

jlonmark likes this.
  3. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    We have a strong group FCA SW in Orange County. There's an event coming up, "End of Summer Drive & Dinner" September 4th. The rally will start in Tustin cruising the canyons, Lake Mission Viejo and end at Fratello's Italian Kitchen and Bar in San Clemente. 27 cars/48 persons did sign up already. Another event is touring of two garages in OC, Mike Sheehan's garage in Costa Mesa and one of our member's garage in HB. It's on Saturday October 8th. We'll be watching Japanese F1 and having a bbq lunch. We're also having a Christmas Party at the Newport Beach Yacht Club on Saturday December 3rd. Please pm me if you want to know more or want to join our group.

September 4 event:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
  5. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    was lucky enough to grow up around these cars in nor-cal. I remember around 1990 ish... when it converted from FOC to FCA - my step dad was chapter pres of both at one point or another. I am aware that FOC is still here in existence in So Cal, now I'm in San Diego. I know FCA offers more as a national organization. But its really about the people. it would be interesting to hear from others their views on both clubs.

6. robertcorona

robertcorona Rookie

Oct 23, 2022
    Laguna Brach
    Full Name:
    Robert Corona
    Hey folks, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Robert Corona and I have recently acquired a 456MGT. I’m looking for specific directions on how to join the club for orange county as I am located in Laguna Beach. Anyone that is able to help me out would be very appreciated. Thanks so much, Robert.

7. robertcorona

robertcorona Rookie

Oct 23, 2022
    Laguna Brach
    Full Name:
    Robert Corona

8. robertcorona

robertcorona Rookie

Oct 23, 2022
    Laguna Brach
    Full Name:
    Robert Corona
    I recently acquired a 456M GT and I live in Laguna Beach. I would be very interested in the owners club here in Orange County. If you were able to direct me correctly, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks, Robert.

9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    You can start with by going to ferrariclubofamerica.org site.
    Once there you’ll click on About Us and then find Regions/Chapters …
    FCA/SW has multiple chapters (including O.C.) organizing countless events (drives, breakfast/lunch/dinner get togethers, shows, trips, etc) pretty much year round.

10. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    As Timo already said easiest way is on the national FCA website. You'll automatically be put with the region/chapter where you live. You will be entitled to participate with any region or chapter nation wide and world wide really. If you have a regular interest in another chapter or regions events you can arrange to be included in notifications of events no matter what part of the country they are in. Many people do that who have multiple residences. We do that here in Texas because in Texas alone we have several chapters. In Texas we also have many members who spend summer in another state so they have a relationship with the club there.

11. robertcorona

robertcorona Rookie

Oct 23, 2022
    Laguna Brach
    Full Name:
    Robert Corona

12. robertcorona

robertcorona Rookie

Oct 23, 2022
    Laguna Brach
    Full Name:
    Robert Corona
    David, I would love to participate in all the events you mentioned. Please advise as to what I need to do, provide, etc. Best, Robert.

13. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    I think you just apply here Membership Information - Ferrari Club of America

you may be over thinking this?

shawdut likes this.
  14. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Hi Robert,

As DiamoneDog posted above, it's as easy as clicking on that link.

I'm membership chair on the board of directors for the FCA-SW region and would be glad to assist and answer any questions you may have.

Please feel to reach out as needed.

Regards,
    Shawn

Retail, dinoart and Willl like this.
  15. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David

16. robertcorona

robertcorona Rookie

Oct 23, 2022
    Laguna Brach
    Full Name:
    Robert Corona
    Am I automatically enrolled to receive email notifications or a newsletter or something that tells me about upcoming events? Thanks so much!

17. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Hi Robert

Thanks for joining the club! Once you've been entered into our local database, you'll start to receive e-blasts about our local events.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me at the email address in my profile

Shawn

18. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
  19. oc23

oc23 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2023
    Full Name:
    Rob Yo
    For the FCA and FOC, can you join before you actually become an owner? Asking as I'm currently working towards securing my first F-car...

20. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Yes - definitely. I joined the FCA about 7 years before owning my first Ferrari. They made me feel very welcome and I learned a lot by being a member, which in turn allowed me to make an educated decision about my choice of cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NGooding likes this.
  21. oc23

oc23 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2023
    Full Name:
    Rob Yo
    #22 oc23, Dec 5, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    So I just joined, and it seems incredibly empty the website. I can't find any events, just a few posts in my Southwest region in the past two years. Am I missing something?

Edit: This is the FCA.

22. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    shawdut and oc23 like this.
  23. oc23

oc23 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2023
    Full Name:
    Rob Yo
    Very cool, thank you. Just what I was looking for.