1934 Split cockpit Chris Craft wooden boat | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1934 Split cockpit Chris Craft wooden boat

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by JasonMiller, Nov 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    sale pending.... will keep everyone in the loop

2. #27 EarlyCat, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That looks like a sweet deal. What a piece of art! My Dad always talks about the chrome shifter coming out of the floor & yours has it. Fantastic boat.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Yea surprisingly the boat has reverse... pretty cool

4. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jason, You need to list this boat with Antique Boat America. Go on their site, they are based out of Clayton N.Y. This is the wooden power boat center of the universe, they will help you. They are great people that really care.

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I was reading up on these and that seller with all the boats said that if you use it twice a week you need to get the thing re-varnished every three years at about 70 hours labor. Not unlike a major service on a belted Ferrari!

Anyone know how much that kind of thing runs? Curious

6. The really important thing is to keep the boat inside & dry, not the years. On this size, it's not hard. The problem is the much bigger boats. The kind that stays in the water year round. There was a really cool old Chris Craft, around 50 feet that sat in the same marina I had my boat. Twin 427's, but the paint was flaking really bad. Eventually the boat was pulled and placed on 55 gallon drum barrels. In 2 short years the boat was shot. The hull warped almost into a ~ shape. It became toast at a boat burning party.

7. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    If I had 2 things:

- A lake nearby of decent size, and
    - A vehicle to pull this with,

It would be mine. Oh how I love those old CCs... Someone is going to be a very lucky buyer. GLWS!

8. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Yes,great looking boat. In Europe,where we have some great lakes also,the classic Italian craft was the Riva. This was the Ferrari,and the Rolls-Royce rolled into one..and still is. A 30's/50' Riva will set you back half a million at least.

9. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Somebody's about to get a deal here. I was just talking boats with my buddy at gym this morning. At the beginning of last summer he would have snatched this up in a second

10. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Seven years later and my dad reached out to me today to see if we can attempt to sell this boat again. He is flexible on price and he is older and would rather not have to deal with tons of buyers coming around. Its recently been varnished and started and has not left the garage in 20 years. Last time I tried to sell it we had a lot of interest but no body came to even look at it, Its in Visalia California. Again, price is flexible as he needs the space.

11. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    "A day late & a dollar short"
    You just missed the Tahoe Concours weekend...focus on Chris Craft....would have been the best exposure.
    Your best opp now might be Antique Boat America. Although in the midwest/east, they market boats country-wide, and have a good rep. Talk to Andy Hoffman.
    Bottom line tho is this: without really good current pics, no one will touch it or go to look at it.
    Good luck!

TTR and JasonMiller like this.
  12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Brng it to Keels and Wheels next year, as the Market is UP on these....

13. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I just came across this. This would be perfect on Lake Winnipesaukee. I’m on the East Coast. Do you have more photos?
    Current photos.