What's For Dinner? | Page 843 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    They all have looked amazing to me.

After the surf-n-turf last night wanted something different. Was out running around today so grabbed some corn, hot dogs and low carb buns. Already had some burrata and the first tomato and some basil out of my garden. Was pretty good. The tomato was amazing. You just can't get ones with any flavor from the store. Unfortunately the plant this came from doesn't seem to be blooming for more. But I have others that should be producing some good cherry tomatoes soon and some plums too. Have another plant that is loaded with blooms but it was a volunteer so I have no idea what it's gonna produce. But here was dinner tonight.....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

MANDALAY, I.T. Guy, tomc and 4 others like this.
  2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Decided on a salad using leftover steak, some lettuce out of my garden (actually only a bit, most of it was store bought, it's getting too warm for much good lettuce) and some mini cucs. Oh and went to put the grill away last night and it was still warm so threw some little sweet snacking peppers on. So added those to the steak salad tonight.....added some blue cheese dressing after taking the pic....

3. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  4. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Those potato pancakes look real good. Recipe please?

5. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #21055 arizonaitalian, Aug 12, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    from the wife, which I imagine she has copied from her grandma and mother back in Poland;

Makes 4 pancakes of roughly half a plate size each.

2 finely shredded potatoes
    Half small white onion finely shredded
    1 tablespoon flour
    1 egg
    Salt and pepper

1. Combine ingredients in a bowl

2. Remove excess water from the mixture with a spoon or paper towels

3. Add a thin layer of canola oil to a large hot skillet (you will need to add oil as you go). Pour/scoop in the mixture and press/spread it out to make a thin pancake.

4. Fry on medium heat until golden brown (getting the heat right to brown and crisp and not allow the oil to saturate the pancakes is the challenge…it will vary depending on your pan and cooktop.)

5. Remove to a rack and sprinkle with salt

We usually serve them topped with sour cream and chives, or make a meat goulash, or diced chicken in a tarragon cream sauce, or a mushroom cream sauce.

Post ‘em here if you try it!

slm and Raconteur like this.
  6. damian in nj

damian in nj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2009
    Grilled London broil with salsa verde, molded orzo with artichoke and red onion, and some of those French’s fried onions for crunch.

7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

8. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Thanks!

arizonaitalian likes this.
  9. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I've been boring. Yesterday was a chicken salad sandwich and pirogues.

10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Still hot up in your neck of the woods, Max? It's cooled off a bit here. And, by cooled off, I mean upper 90s F.

Sockeye from Alaska via Costco.

Wife bought a whole mess of riced cauliflower at Costco. Soak/rinse, mix with parm, a little flavored bread crumbs for crunch. Pack into ramekins. Chuck into the air fryer for about 12 min at 400 F until the top browns.

Picked this up at Costco. It's a winery that we wanted to get to in Oregon, but didn't have time. Very good wine for the price.

T

MANDALAY, I.T. Guy, NbyNW and 2 others like this.
  11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Didn't feel like cooking and we had several ripe avocados. The Texas version of avocado toast!

Tortilla, mashed avocado, bacon, a little egg white, and a few crushed chiltepin peppers.

T

12. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Its around 70 now. Mostly cloudy today. I want the heat back, like it hot. But its pleasant taking Bella to the dog park around 7pm. Its cooled down to around 65 and makes the hike around the park more enjoyable.

tomc likes this.
  13. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
  14. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Its 4pm and we haven't decided yet. Dad and brother are over for UFC. I don't feel like pizza. But they could get a pizza from the Greek/Italian place and Id probably get their seafood lasagna. Crab and shrimp with Alfredo sauce. Looks good.

15. FerrariLily

FerrariLily Karting

Feb 13, 2022
    Australia
    Full Name:
    LILY
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I haven't seen cherry almond biscuits - cookies to us - in years! As a kid, I'd spend all summer at my grandmother's house. On a good day, we'd stop by the bakery. They had a big jar with free broken cookies - biscotti, wedding cookies, those glazed S shaped cookies, and, on a good day, cookies with the maraschino cherry in the middle!

Thanks Lily for the trip down memory lane and, most importantly, I hope your birthday was the best ever...T

MANDALAY and FerrariLily like this.
  17. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Wow, all those treats look good! Happy birthday!

18. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    We ended up getting Pizza Hut. Meat lovers and supreme. They have a buy one get one free deal on again..................... Tonight I'm thinking homemade burgers.

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Max, you know I love ya, so I say this with all kindness - with temps in the 70s,
    it is time to give your kitchen or bbq grill a work out! :D

We stumbled across this little place in one of those little booklets they hand out @ the state welcome centers.

https://thetastebychefrodney.com

They do a limited menu, limited hours.
    We trekked up there over the weekend.
    Catfish, fried okra and fries. Catfish was excellent. No idea what the sauce is, as I don't do condiments unless they are red and spicy.
    Tuscan shrimp. Wife ordered this. She didn't share much, so I assume that's a big thumbs up!
    Mississippi mud pie. Very dense. More like fudge. Good.
    Bananas Foster in a cup. Winner winner chicken dinner! Fabulous.
    T

NbyNW, MANDALAY, FerrariLily and 3 others like this.
  20. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    At around 6pm it cooled off to 64 here. I'm going to grill my burgers tonight. That reminds me, need to buy bacon! Today is a little warmer as the clouds have all but disappeared.

21. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    NbyNW, MANDALAY, BrettC and 2 others like this.
  22. FerrariLily

FerrariLily Karting

Feb 13, 2022
    Australia
    Full Name:
    LILY
    We are very lucky down under to still have the Italian cake shops. I’m so glad you have good wonderful memories.. it’s a shame I can’t send you any:D Glad it made you happy..cheers:cool:

23. FerrariLily

FerrariLily Karting

Feb 13, 2022
    Australia
    Full Name:
    LILY
    This is making me hungry..:cool::cool::cool:

24. FerrariLily

FerrariLily Karting

Feb 13, 2022
    Australia
    Full Name:
    LILY
    Last night was BBQ waygu T bone and eye fillet. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Served with good old Aussie snags (beef sausages) which you would normally find sizzling away at the front of Bunnings Hardware on a Sunday afternoon with the smell of caramelised onions and tomato sauce in a fresh bread roll..

tomc, arizonaitalian and I.T. Guy like this.
  25. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    NIce, fresh Pargo (snapper I guess) with ginger, green onions, sesame oil, etc. Alas no rice to sop it up with as I am doing the keto thing...10 lbs in a week, right before car week so I'm sure I'll have to snack on a fry or something while there. Leaving tomorrow and returning next Monday. Anybody showing up? I would like to meet up maybe...have a good drive Thursday. Cheers!

NbyNW, FerrariLily, MANDALAY and 4 others like this.