Tailor Made SF90 Spider | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Tailor Made SF90 Spider

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Lagunae92, Jun 19, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Agree and a better link - owner had quite the reveal. Looks same size as my GTS painted shield but located higher on fender.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbA4tuvNf2LKnXcd5LMEyCQA_9qtv6VuF5biGs0/

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #77 Lukeylikey, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    Since somebody mentioned blue, our TM spider is blue. Quite a lot of subtle details on this spec - and some not so subtle….! Blu Brillante with Blu Eletrico striping. Hoping that works, Brillante is lighter but can appear darker than Eletrico and Eletrico is the other way around. Should give some unusual colour movement on the car. The interior, well, let’s just say I NEVER would have considered a blue and red interior. I wanted the red central area and carpet area from a photo of a car they did for the cavalcade. They wouldn’t copy that interior but suggested mixing it with blue! I think it’s really quite bombastic but I actually love it. The wheels are gloss rather than matte black and the grey sections are our own Grigio Isabel colour. There’s even some Rosso Maranello outside and inside for the eagle-eyed (references our Speciale). Seems a very sporty design. It’s an extrovert design for an extrovert car.

I agonised over AF. In the end went without it because it’s a road trip car and thought bumpy road plus lifter was just too valuable. Plus we still have AF coupe that I thought about selling but at the moment in the UK too expensive to sell, if you understand. So, may have the two cars for at least a while and will be able to directly compare. If I find we don’t need the AF car then it will be sold when our use of it justifies the depreciation. Just used our coupe for the first time in a while; what a car it is. For those waiting…get ready for an incredible ride!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    To explain a bit more. The first photo is Blu Brillante and Blu Eletrico, look very similar. But then the other photo is Blu Brillante, Blu Eletrico (which now look completely different), Grigio Isabel (which can look black at times - it is a grey with the largest difference in shade depending on light, I have ever seen). All our TM cars are triple layer. I love the movement those paints give and this will be off-the-scale in that regard. Blu Brillante has the deep intensity of Eletrico but with a brighter shade.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and Lagunae92 like this.
  4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Pretty cool looking. I like it! I wanted that tricolore under the door too, and almost went all that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Superman spec, AF would’ve pushed this spec to 11 for me, I’ve never encountered any situations where I was in trouble because of lack of lift, the suspension compliance is a non issue, the multimatics are very good in every situation, therefore a worthy “sacrifice” IMO
    Nevertheless congrats on an epic spec.

Lukeylikey and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    On first seeing the interior I was reminded of the classic British interior with crema seats over a prominent red carpet. With your red carpet it looks like those blue seats are slowly floating in a sea of red. Especially with that blue edge of the seat absorbing some red around the edges. There is blue behind the seats and also on the door area to. I think the red (Rosso Maranello?) on the upper dash takes away from that high-level blue surround effect.
    Going outside I know there are two schools of thought regarding the black roof. However a special tri color blue should enjoy maximum coverage including the top. As you have Rosso Maranello as part of the front spoiler; what about the same color for some balance on the flat surface area above the tail lights on the rear deck? I like the tri color badge above the rocker panel that you chose. Your most challenging tailor made design yet, thank you!
    Just my 2 cents...

Lukeylikey likes this.
  8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Would be interesting to know if the 100 kg weight difference between the coupe and Spider (more so since the Spider won't be AF) is noticeable.

It depends on where you live. In another car I had to do a U turn once, as I couldn't clear a speed bump.

9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I have mine painted canna di fucile matte gray

All of my interior stuff done that way including the pedals and vents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lagunae92 and of2worlds like this.
  10. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I believe they did the same with Grigio Coburn (or was it Rosso Coburn, I am sure its one of the two) which now has a different official name. @icoburn

Pastaboy1980 likes this.
  11. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    which 3 blues are these?

12. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Azzuro Dino Metallizato, Blu Francia Tsuzuki and Blu Stephanie

Lagunae92 and ryalex like this.
  13. BtvFerrari

BtvFerrari Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2020
    The Netherlands
    Thanks to those who shared and explained their spec! Really an interesting thread to read. Any updates?

Pastaboy1980 likes this.
  14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    No progress on ours. 812C just went into build so a nice consolation :)

Lcawley and BtvFerrari like this.
  15. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    SOOOO jealous. What was your spec for the 812C?

RamsHmb likes this.
  16. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Since it’s in build I’ll wait for the final version to show pics but it’s a TM build and the idea was for a colour that blurs the line between silver and white with blue stripes. They/we found an interesting solution that we like (we hope) but may not be to everyone’s taste.

RamsHmb, Lcawley, Lagunae92 and 3 others like this.
  17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Grigio Abu Dhabi would sort of fit the silver/white range and blue most always works with both those colors. Another interesting build!

RamsHmb and Lukeylikey like this.
  18. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
  19. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    What's the blue color?

20. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Giallo Sirius with livery in Blu Torrice and Grigio Competizione.

21. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Car is at the port in Jersey waiting for a truck to get back from Pebble.

Caeruleus11 and BtvFerrari like this.
  22. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Love the combo, very unique. Enjoy the hell out of it.

Caeruleus11 and Lagunae92 like this.