430 - coinball's 2006 F430 | FerrariChat

430 coinball's 2006 F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by coinball, Aug 15, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coinball

coinball Karting

Dec 1, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hey All!

I'm a little late posting this, but after being a long time lurker (like a really long time), I've finally joined the fcar crowd with a 06 F430 w/ 30,600 miles - ZFFEW58AX60144969.

A few photos from the FS add:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

It's got PPF on front/doors w/ full paint correction - all original minus the challenge wheels (and bypassed exhaust valves - which I've since re-enabled). I've put about 300 miles on it since I've got it and other than an EGT probe that gave up the ghost about 3 hours into Ferrari ownership it's been running great. I did tighten up the PIS the other day from 4.9 down to 4.3, way better in stop/go driving.

I asked (made) my wife record the first drive back in June:

I've been modding cars for way too long, so I won't be breaking that bad habit here either; I've already got headers and test pipes sitting in my shop waiting to go in. And I've ordered a tune thru Mase, which I'll likely send the ECUs out to on Friday this week.

My brother has a dyno at his BMW shop up in PA, so I'll get some dyno videos whenever I trailer it up there at some point.

Glad to be part of the crew (finally)!

2. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Welcome

coinball likes this.
  3. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    I see you are in NC. Join Ferrari Club of America. We have a great chapter in NC. Lots of get togethers during the summer months.

coinball likes this.
  4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    congrats!

coinball likes this.
  5. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

Man, that profile shot featuring Rosso Corsa and challenge wheels really makes a statement! Such a pretty car. Congrats!

coinball and f355spider like this.
  6. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Congratulations, you have almost the exact car I do with slightly more miles. Would you share what you paid for it? Prices are definitely edging up.

coinball likes this.
  7. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Excellent color/interior combo for your first FCar. Classic.

Nothing compares to the mellifluous Italian opera that she sings. That timbre always makes me smile whenever I hear the exhaust note.

Enjoy many years making great memories in good health!

coinball likes this.
  8. coinball

coinball Karting

Dec 1, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Eric
    $127k back in May when I was working with the seller; maybe a tiny bit high at the time, but it's a pretty car and with the Challenge wheels I had to have it.

9. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    Spencer gave me the FaceTime preview of your car and I was close to making an offer, but the timing didn’t work out. Price was fair and it’s a great car. We’ll done sir!

10. coinball

coinball Karting

Dec 1, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Small world - he mentioned he had interest in the car, I was curious if anyone here had kicked the tires. Thanks!

swc5150 likes this.
  11. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    A fair price. I do think the F430 is undervalued and will be noticed at some point. I just love the car and have no plans on selling.