Alcantara vs. Standards Carpets? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alcantara vs. Standards Carpets?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jaa1359, Jun 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Exoticare

Exoticare Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 8, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew @ Exoticare
    Indeed! Time Machine

but lots has changed in the last eight years.
    Now interiors can be specc’d with Full Alcantara including the floors and mats from factory.

Alcantara is far more durable than the low pile basic velours factory carpet. Carpet collects dust and sand, while alcantara can be wiped clean.

Alcantara is a very low pile synthetic textile that can even get a bit wet and the darker Colors are more durable. When alcantara is padded with a foam backing it has more body with a more luxurious feel. Unpadded and glued to a hard surface like dash/panel or steering wheel it can feel a bit odd to some.

Also far more unique designs and treatments can be carried out with alcantara / stitching, patterns etc.

With that being said if anyone wants to upgrade the basic carpets with premium bespoke Alcantara / Carbon floor mats. Feel free to DM or message. Lots of options to match your interior.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NGooding, Thecadster and mkraft3003 like this.
  2. Mars2k

Mars2k Rookie

Aug 19, 2022
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Ray Hapes
    Yeah I do, instead of snarking point me to that thread....WOW!

SD455TA likes this.
  3. Mars2k

Mars2k Rookie

Aug 19, 2022
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Ray Hapes
    Thanks for info

4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I purchased Exoticare mats for four of my exotics, most recently for my F8. Andrew’s mats are incredibly stylish, and manufactured to the the highest quality standards using the best materials available. The mats shown are at once elegant and understated.

5. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    You replied to a thread from 2014. As was pointed out a lot has changed in 8 years. better to start a new thread asking your question. Just a thought!

AD211 likes this.
  6. Mars2k

Mars2k Rookie

Aug 19, 2022
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Ray Hapes
    Thats not what you meant and not how that came out. Meanwhile I've gotten other more respectful replies. I'm on the path I need no thanks to you. So many people today can't imagine anything beyond whats going on in their own heads when they drive up in the parking lot. Its not about what I did...just a thought

SD455TA likes this.
  7. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    It is exactly what I meant. You are a new user and you did a search and probably didn’t look at the date of the thread. If you had you would have seen it was from 2014 and the OP in that thread was banned and couldn’t respond anyway. It’s alright to say “oops didn’t realize it was from 2014”. Glad you got your help you needed. Good luck.

RoadRonin and AD211 like this.
  8. Mars2k

Mars2k Rookie

Aug 19, 2022
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Ray Hapes
    Good luck to you as well. I hope you get the help you need

SD455TA likes this.
  9. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Knock off the attitude, thanks.

Llenroc and RoadRonin like this.
  10. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

As I read it, the other guy started it

Boomhauer likes this.
  11. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    He was snarky in another thread, some guys just have to give attitude no matter what.

RoadRonin and Challenge like this.
  12. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Sorry my friend, the other guy was snarky and if you read it closely you will find that the attitude is misplaced here. Read them again, so what the guy looked at an old thread, thats what they are here for right? Then the other guy cops an attitude......as for myself, I won't take it from anybody that deserves to be corrected.

Viperjoe likes this.
  13. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I disagree:

This is not snarky, more like amazement and light hearted ribbing.

RoadRonin and mkraft3003 like this.
  14. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Whatever

15. Mars2k

Mars2k Rookie

Aug 19, 2022
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Ray Hapes
    Gator, I never snark first, it was the same on the other thread. I don't believe in attitude, I was earnestly asking questions pertaining to my situation and and in both cases, someone reacts with an opinion instead of a meaningful contribution or offer of help. Both were slinging a little shame my way. Both were telling me what to do and niether was constructive in any way. Meanwhile on both threads I'm getting responses from others who are helping me or I am helping them.

Boomhauer and SD455TA like this.
  16. Mars2k

Mars2k Rookie

Aug 19, 2022
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Ray Hapes
    Yeah he did.

Boomhauer and SD455TA like this.
  17. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

While its something that before now I never would have considered but it appears that there is a "club" "cabal" if you will that stymies free thought here. I know I will be sure to never pay any attention to any of them and in fact, will "iggy" ignore them as necessary.

Boomhauer likes this.
  18. Mars2k

Mars2k Rookie

Aug 19, 2022
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Ray Hapes
    Well I could give the guy the benefit of the doubt
    A cabal confers to much credit. It's more of an all to common human urge to react negatively to things they don't understand ....or can't imagine. A cabal infers there is an organizing principal they all agree on. These guys independently held a fixed notion in their heads that things should be a certain way, they just never told anyone and all of a sudden there I was breaking the imaginary rule

19. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Don't do that around here, ha ha,......

20. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Let's clear a few things up.

There is nothing wrong with resurrecting an older thread. We don't close old threads here, as some sites do, because we have many threads which discuss specific vintage or even modern cars by serial number. The history of those cars are recorded over time and we never know when something worth recording will get posted, so threads are left open here.

At the same time, there is also nothing wrong with mentioning that a thread is a resurrected thread, as many times, such as a current cost estimate or best known solutions, the info on those threads may not be the most current and it's helpful to let other users know that is the case so users don't end up with the wrong idea.

Finally, if you expect to be treated without snark, then you need cease the snark yourselves. Or if you're OK with handing out snark, then you should chill about any snark you get. But deciding that the best way to handle snark you don't like is to dish it back 10x, will generally lead to a level of escalation that will see users getting banned.

RoadRonin likes this.
  21. Triks86

Triks86 Rookie

Aug 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Nick Trikounakis
    I think it funny that Mars and SD4 are getting along so well! Two nuts in a pod, or is it peas? All we need is Todd in here and it’s a real party!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iMrMark and mkraft3003 like this.
  22. Mars2k

Mars2k Rookie

Aug 19, 2022
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Ray Hapes
    Snark protocal noted
    Snark protocal noted :)

23. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Talk about snark, you define it!

24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  25. RomanD'

RomanD' Karting

Nov 5, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roman
    Hi,

Does anyone have experience living with cuoio, beige etc. Alcantara carpets? Do you have black stains from black shoe soles? Are they easy to clean?

Speccing 296, inputs are highly appreciated.

Best,
    Roman