Sell 550 on East or West Coast? | FerrariChat

Sell 550 on East or West Coast?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by mrp_e, Sep 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Sell a 550 from the East or West Coast

Poll closed Sep 19, 2022.
  1. East

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. West

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    After many incredible years of fun, my beloved 99 550 \- which I found on the f chat classifieds w/18k miles ten years ago and had serviced by F chat sposnsor Bradan Coachworks - will be for sale once I have stickies and fluids done. I have an opportunity to drive her from her home in the North East over to warm, car friendly California, she's currently around 48,XXX miles, so this will push her over the 50k mark. If you were selling a 550, is the market in Oct/Nov any Image Unavailable, Please Login stronger where it's still warm, or in a world of nationwide/global internet, f chat and BAT, location doesn't matter, regardless of season/weather? Really appreciate the community's insight. I'm obviously tempted to do a final coast to coast before she goes, but also hesitating since she's serviced, minty and under 50k miles.

2. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    I doubt that it matters much, as the cost of transport is minimal compared to the cost of the car. That said, I think you should drive it across the country. Sounds like a blast and a great way to say goodbye.

Il Tifoso and mrp_e like this.
  3. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The insane money continues to reside at BringATrailer.

There are a lot of guys that really comb the listings tight (myself included) so be weary of all the questions if it’s not tackled up front.

@root is a textbook example of how having a no questions car with great photos, a very thoughtful and thorough write up will result in big dollars.

My personal thought and observation is once you are over 20k miles that sorts out the “tifosi collector” from the driver and at 30k, 40k, 50k not sure mileage matters if it’s documented.

I’ll be subscribing to this thread and will love to see where you end up going!

Mirek and mrp_e like this.
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    She looks great and is riding on $15K worth of 575M wheels, so that should help her sell.

mrp_e and Mirek like this.
  5. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Damn man where are you ever hoping to get another one of those ?!

Great Ferrari. Classic spec. Wow.

mrp_e likes this.
  6. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    If you really want to sell it and it's ready to go now, just put it on the market and avoid any risk. I don't see any sales advantage from a geographic perspective these days. Plus, there is that perceived mileage milepost that would be crossed. Of course it would be fun to make the trek in a 550, but you could have similar a similar experience in another vehicle...

mrp_e likes this.
  7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Great looking car. I do think 50k miles is a bit of a barrier but maybe it doesn't matter so much. And maybe the fun of driving coast to coast is worth a lot more than any downside..