Maserati MC20 | Page 49 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TheMayor, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Call me Al

Call me Al Karting

Jun 6, 2021
    Eastern Washington state
    Full Name:
    Tom Burgess
    3500 GT, Robb, TheMayor and 2 others like this.
  2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Can anyone upload an options list with prices on the mc20 coupe?

how about the fuoriserie liveries or special colors? How is that priced?

can you order a Ferrari color? Or are you limited to their standard selection?

thanks.

Robb

3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    No idea about the option list with prices (you will also not get that for any Ferrari...)
    Same with the Fuoriserie liveries, as anything is possible to your personal specification.
    So I am pretty sure you can order the car with a Ferrari color (but without mentioning the name "Ferrari" as the "atmosphere" between both companies is currently..eh...not the best...)!

You`re welcome.

Robb likes this.
  4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    The F word is banned in Modena now;-)

I have a saying: cows and donkeys are made in the suburbs (Sant'Agata and Maranelo) only Maseratis are born in Modena.

wbaeumer and Robb like this.
  5. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    So I’m slow, can you explain to me why the bad blood between the companies? Thanks

Robb

6. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    #1206 rob5819, Sep 15, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    This is the price list I got from my local Ferrari/Maserati dealer at initial launch, I'm sure things have changed. No idea on special liveries or colors. We passed on the car to wait for the convertible version, but then went a different direction with the Portofino M.

Rob

Attached Files:

Robb likes this.
  7. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Thank you very much for this.

Robb

8. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Well, Ferrari was at all times very arrogant to Maserati.
    This behavier increased when Ferrari became the official owner of Maserati in the very late 1990s. Later Ferrari made the engines for Maserati but problems occured when the Ghibli III was launched and came also with a Diesel motor. The block came from Chrysler and had problems of which Ferrari claimed responsibility to Maserati and Maserati the other way to Ferrari. Then Maserati came up with the their very advanced and interesting V6 Nettuno-Motor for the MC20. Ferrari needed an engine for their new 296 and asked Modena to use it from them. Maserati did not want to give Ferrari permission to use it with 50hp more than in the MC20 for their cars.

But in general the rivalty between both companies started in the 1930s, then became stronger in the 1950s and so on and so on....

9. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Does anyone have photos of the non carbon interior? I haven’t seen one yet. There’s not much interior carbon to add on the options anyway. Steering wheel, paddles, and central pod near your thigh seem to be only areas. I can imagine the aluminum paddles like the Alfa Giulia. Not sure on the other two pieces on how that would look.

would be helpful to see. I was told by the dealer that the regular exterior without carbon also looks fine but I haven’t seen too many photos of that either.

I’d rather put dollars into the performance options and paint…

Robb

Nembo1777 likes this.
  10. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #1210 redcaruser, Sep 24, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    A few pictures without carbon exterior. In my eyes, you can save the money for the outer carbon, does not really look better and brings no weight-specific advantages.
    The carbon interior package includes the instrument cover made of carbon, the
    carbon active shifting paddles and the carbon sill trims. Then you can also order the seat backrest in carbon. I would say that's it. The interior picture comes from the Maserati configurator and shows the version without carbon interior package.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Robb likes this.
  11. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Robb likes this.
  12. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Absolutely do NOT like any car in black/black. looks soooo boring. Also black wheels are a NO GO for me!

13. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I haven’t been inside the car yet or seen if I fit well at 6’. I’m almost ready to put down a deposit if I can verify interior space and costs on the custom spec paint and liveries.

but also I’m still tempted by used 458 and f12 as other options if prices dip closer to pre-Covid.

main pluses to me with the Maserati are warranty, a bit more exclusivity with a custom spec, clean design, scissor doors.
    Pluses for Ferrari are engine / exhaust notes , roomy inside, leather vs tech fabrics, lots of Ferrari owner events or more owners to go drive with

all these cars are way too fast for me to care so splitting performance hairs really not in this decision process.

I wish the mc20 was lighter…

what do you all think? Would you spec a new mc20 coupe over a used 458 or f12 if the same price?

Robb

14. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I think the MC20 is a great car, and yet it's kind of good at everything and nowhere outstanding, so from that perspective I got bored with the MC20 relatively quickly. In the end I decided against an F8 and for a very special McLaren. On your list I would probably buy an F12. Here it's the absolute outstanding engine combined with a very nice GT body. For the money of a new MC20 you can choose an absolute dream F12. And as far as I know the F12 are trouble free cars.

What you also have to keep in mind with the MC20: this car is at the beginning of its product cycle, there are still hybrid and fully electronic powertrains to come (with probably over 1000 hp) as well as still aggressive Trofeo versions. From this point of view, you are buying a car today that will soon be outperformed by higher-positioned versions. This can be frustrating. With an F12 (or 458) you will never experience surprises.

Enjoy the evaluation process, you certainly won't go wrong with your list no matter what car you take. They are all great!

SAFE4NOW and Robb like this.
  15. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Well, I do not agree! The 488 outgunned the 458 easily and the F12 looked old(er) against the 812. And you also find evolution within both series (488 Pista and F12 TDF) to make the standard version very "common"...

16. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Every car is yesterday’s news, that’s what keeps manufacturers in business.

wbaeumer likes this.
  17. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    This MC20 from Austria with Fuoriserie-specification participated in the "Incontro Ferrari-Maserati"-event 2 weeks ago in the Italian Alps.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Robb likes this.
  18. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I gotta ask this ... Are those stripes permanent?

19. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    I definitely don't want a 1000bhp, particularly with the weight penalty it comes with. Unusable speed in a straight line and sub-optimal braking and handling (even though probably still ok). F12 is a brilliant car, but very different, it's much more of a GT and doesn't handle like a mid-engined car. 458 obviously does, and can see the attraction, but I went with MC20 as it's different, looks great, ride and handling brilliant, and is a new car with tech, warranty etc.

For anyone's info, I have been able to get Maserati to factory paint the exterior plastic bits in gloss black, as was struggling to get my head round cost of carbon

Robb and Nembo1777 like this.
  20. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I’m sold. Will be headed to my dealer with a deposit on Friday. It will be worth the wait. I’ll see what I can spec in colors and livery to get my unicorn.

I’m curious on the weight gain from Maserati’s original info at 3300 lbs to those tested at 3750 lbs. How much weight inflation is added because of options? Like lift, power seats, etc? Or do you think factory numbers were just wrong from the get go?

anyone tried the racing seats vs normal?

Robb

21. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    can you share what this added to the cost as an option? Did they give you other options for color besides black? Thanks

Robb

22. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    The cost of the paint was just under £4k GB, so that's not very much in $ these days!

It took a long time to get an answer, but it seemed that you could choose the color - matched to the body was same price, but I decided to stick with the contrast. It's gloss black on all of the areas that are grey plastic as standard.
    I also managed to get a price of c£7.5k for seats in red berry leather, which is on the fuoroserie Instagram page as a render but has never been done in real life before! Includes the instrument cap on dashboard in black leather, which I prefer.
    Render pdf attached, hopefully that works!

So Grigio Mysterio car with black painted exterior bits, (carbon roof) and red berry inside. Pic is from configurator with standard red Alcantara but gives idea...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Robb likes this.
  23. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yep!

Robb likes this.