FF/Lusso vs. Purosangue | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FF/Lusso vs. Purosangue

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Moopz, Sep 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff Gilliam

Jeff Gilliam Rookie

Dec 25, 2016
    I was just at the factory a few days back. I love that place. All Purosangue’s have been manufactured & sold (no longer on the production line). Who knows what will happen in the future but at this time Ferrari told my group they are done. BTW I saw the Daytona Special Project drive by and that was just out of this world!!

2. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    How have all of them been manufactured if all of the customers have not done factory level spec? And had those specs enter production level manufacturing system? Which requires paint color.

Do you instead mean a certain level of early level of manufacturing like chassis?

Jordan68 and Gh21631 like this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They haven't even started building them yet. First deliveries will be late next year.

Jordan68 and 350MH83 like this.
  4. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    This makes no sense. Specs haven't been finalized for the vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

350MH83 likes this.
  5. Jeff Gilliam

Jeff Gilliam Rookie

Dec 25, 2016
    Hello all

I saw Purosangues completed off the production line. I toured the production line and saw an F8, a few Competiziones, many 296 (even a GTS), SF90 & ton of Romas & 1 SP3 Daytona. The Daytona drove by me at the factory. What a car. I asked about the Purosangue and was told the production is complete. Maybe they were lying to me but I don’t think so. I asked again about this at a private dinner party that same night and was told the same thing by another company insider. I am telling what I believe to be reliable information. I love the brand & consider it a privilege to visit the factory. I’m just sharing a bit about my experience. All the best

6. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    haha yeah there is no way that is even remotely true. Many customers have been promised a car but havent sent their specs yet. How are the cars manufactured then?

7. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Completely wrong, which I suspect you already know. As you’re no doubt aware the Purosangue was just launched earlier this month. Interesting to launch a car that’s already out of production. I’ll have to ask my dealer why he’s offered me a car for early 24 delivery when the car is already built. I suspect this is a nice wind-up and I guess you’ve had your fun but could we get back to realities and discuss the car.

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You might have experienced a bit of a lost in translation thing or simply misunderstanding. I have a feeling whomever said that to you was intending to say the production is sold out.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

danielinCO2, 350MH83, mhh and 3 others like this.
  9. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Does anyone know the answer to the legroom question?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Samui

Samui Rookie

Nov 18, 2015
    Germany
    By the way: is there a dedicated Purosangue chapter anywhere? We had the Urus/Purosangue message trail but I can’t find it. Will the moderator create a separate chapter or keep it in this one?

11. bumcubed

bumcubed Karting

Apr 15, 2022
    It’s in Ferrari Discussion (General Forums)

12. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Send a PM to Rob Lay. Enough voices will help create a subforum. For some reason he doesn't want one yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Living in denial! :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. Nefarious

Nefarious Rookie

Apr 6, 2014
    BUYING A PUROSANGUE!? Let's Discuss the Rising Cost of Cars

Broad stroke summary:
    1) Wow, the new SUV is expensive. Especially for a family hauler
    2) Most people will likely not drive it much and it will be a collector car due to price
    3) FF/Lusso phenomenal value
    4) The new SUV will sell a lot
    5) Older models like FF/Lusso will rise in value
    6) Will likely drive awesome

15. PTC

PTC Karting

Mar 30, 2010
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Peter Timan Clark
    Hey Guys,
    1) true, but buying a Purosangue isn't about price, it's about privilege.
    2) maybe, let's pretend it's 2000 units. 50/50 chance -- some will rise, some will fall.
    3) definitely, note color, provenance & factory service history wins every time
    4) they're all pre-sold-out: you may play-configure online all you want, but if without pre-existing dealer relationship, you're not likely getting on the list*
    5) See #3.
    6) It's a Ferrari
    * as an FF owner, I spoke with my dealer. It's looking like maybe 50-70 units thru the production line. Expect dealer may configure a few or be dealt a few or a blend of both to get it in circulation. Then approved buyers preconfigure to purchase. So it's sequenced according to buyer preference, but limited only to 20% of capacity of Total Model Production. $370k to start, I think. See #3 and #5 above.

16. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Its all based upon Cialdini's 7 rules of persuasion. A simple tactic applied by almost all high end brands because it works every time: scarcity.
    The brain doesn't take rational decisions, when scarcity is in play. Some will call it privilege, others stupidity. Depends on what side you are of the fence ;-)

Who needs a $400k V12 SUV!!???

I have to give credits to Ferrari for the PS...its far more beautiful and exiting that I anticipated. It makes me long for one when I am asleep (most likely not getting one from dealer, but haven't asked). When I wake up...I think about so many other challenges in this world and PS can't really bother me. Its only a car! And its not that rare with 2000 units per year either...

But, thumbs up to future owners...beautiful car!