Taken Off Market - MY PERSONAL 1999 355 GTS STICK RED/TAN 23,500 mi | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market MY PERSONAL 1999 355 GTS STICK RED/TAN 23,500 mi

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Yellow Compass, Sep 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    For $300K I'd buy a...
    DB9 Coupe, a 360 Spider and a Gallardo Spyder.
    Hang out with 3 different Clubs, 3 times the fun and never boring!

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Mike I think I'd consider Bring a Trailer? Who knows what might happen. But there are plenty of people with FU money. A gentleman I know from England who just purchased our 4500 acer golf/lake resort community has surprisingly told me the 355 was his favorite Ferrari. Email me the details and I will forward them to him.

Yellow Compass likes this.
  4. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Juan , I agree with you on the BAT strategy it’s exactly my plan, I am going to submit to BAT one day next week . In the meantime give me a call I’d love to say hi on the phone and I’ll give you some more info for your friend in England !!
    thanks very much
    Mike 973-610-7111

5. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    #31 Pepsi10, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    Great luck with the sale Mike, the car looks amazing, and beautifully maintained.
    I’ve sold two or three cars (I helped a neighbor sell one) on BaT and had a great experience with each auction/sale. A motorcycle I own should go “live” there today.
    Yup, no one knows the future. I think we know the next year or two are not going to be great, but after that?
    Related, just read an article that the hoped for electric revolution in cars and the grid, will require, for example, a six fold increase in lithium mining etc. This author/expert called the projections “laughable.” My point? The future might not be what people hope for. People like to say, about land, and investing in land, they are not making any more of it. Maybe the electric revolution will stall? Your GTS, Porsche 930, VW bug, many more, these are iconic. And they are not making these somewhat quirky icons anymore. Maybe the younger generations will not pursue them? I don’t know. Last weekend, I left my 930 parked while I ran into a store. I came out and a young Porsche enthusiast was gushing about it. “Is that a GT2?” Had to forgive him as it was built 10-20 years before he was born. Many unknowns.

6. aventari

aventari Karting

Dec 9, 2010
    San Diego
    WOW MY BROTHER this car is SO AMAZING WORTH AT LEAST 450K as it is!!!!!!!!!!

GLWS A+++++++++++++++!!!

7. aventari

aventari Karting

Dec 9, 2010
    San Diego
    BRother I'm curious what is the VIN for this amazing CAR!??

8. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Sorry brother

9. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    My Brothers, Before I go the BAT route I’d rather see my car go to one of you .
    $240,000 WITH FREE PLYCAR DELIVERY :)
    Feel free to give me a call I LOVE chatting with all of you.
    Have a nice weekend !!
    Mike

Closingtime, ShineKen and Wsmatau like this.
  10. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    Incredible car brother!!

11. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Beautiful car Mike!!
    Your pictures are clear, sharp and of great quality.
    It shows like a diamond, and somebody is going to get lucky.
    If it doesn't sell to somebody here, then it will be our loss.

I would be crying like a baby to let this one go.

Good luck my friend,
    GG

12. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Thank you very much for your kind words Eugene !! And I agree!!
    stay well my brother :)

13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Good luck with the sale

14. Closingtime

Closingtime Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    I think you've underpriced it. There aren't many actual buyers in the FChat classifieds and this looks like a solid car -- '99 GTS manual with a painted roof and relatively low miles. GLWS!

15. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Yes, I think $240,000 with FREE PLYCAR DELIVERY is very fair :)

Closingtime and Eric R like this.
  16. Redsteed

Redsteed Rookie

Aug 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mauro Marchese
    Wow, just an amazing car. I'd say it's even nicer than the highest sale 355 on BAT a while back. This may fetch more at auction. Best of luck.

17. CW5150

CW5150 Karting

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    David Hansen
    I think it says a lot for Mike that he is posting here first and not just throwing it on BaT or Cars&Bids. This car will bring action…where have you seen another ‘99 GTS manual with a painted roof? And the Seller…I mean you can’t get any more reassurance. If you want a blue chip collectible just do it - it will cost way more the next time.

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    put it on bat

19. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Thank you for your thoughts and I completely agree with you, if one of our F chat family does not buy the car by this weekend that’s exactly what I’m gonna do-it will be going on BAT :)

ttforcefed likes this.
  20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    what are you talking about? you have only been here 2 years, why don't you ask our dozens of dealers on here who move cars all the time plus individuals. what are you comparing it to, AutoTrader with 50 spam texters and low ballers for every real buyer?

21. Closingtime

Closingtime Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    How long I've been signed up under this username is meaningless. I have been browsing FChat for years and had another account years ago.

I'm not sure why you're taking my feedback as a direct attack on you and this site -- my observations were recently proven with the Bobileff 355 GTS that many users scoffed at. They listed it for almost 2 months before it was sold for more than they were asking in the week long BaT auction. Your post #127 agrees with it. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1999-ferrari-f355-gts-in-tdf-w-cream-6-speed.662446/page-6#post-148746900

I've been researching F355s for years and the negative posts by FChat members about service costs held the prices back for 25 years. I own a 1 of 1 spec (from my research) GTS and I don't see any buyers in the quarter of a million dollar + price point F355 market on here. There is also a clean pre-airbag Euro GTS that has been for sale for over 1 month at $215k, but hasn't sold.

I see some cars selling on this site (and they generally take months to sell), but I don't see any F355s selling in the upper echelon of prices. Forums just don't get the exposure of the broader market anymore now that there are Facebook Groups and global classifieds and auction sites.

Anyway, good luck to Michael on the sale of his car.

WillskiGT likes this.
  22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If you were really paying attention I’ve said for years now that BAT is the place to sell special cars with low miles and great history like the Bobileff car or Michael’s. It attracts stupid money, FerrariChat is smart money and often is a better place to sell average cars vs the No Sales and seemingly wholesale prices among dealers. Your post would be fine if you qualified the difference, but you lumped all Ferraris together as the same.

23. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    All I can Say is....When Mike sold me this 96 GTS with 5000 miles...He did not play it up enough.
    The car was actually nicer than he described in every aspect..You too Modest Mike!
    Nothing beats a Red Tan GTS!...Nothing.
    Except maybe a blk/blk XKE.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yes place it on BAT and you will achieve 10% more then MKT - they will be honest what the reserve should be. However, and unfortunately for your current situation - the market has started to correct substantially as you know.

Bat will take a few weeks to post - I wonder what the market has in store for our cars in 30 days, 6 months, 1 year?