The Purosangue Thread | Page 211 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
  2. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Great comparison, thank you very much!!!

MDEL likes this.
  3. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    The Lusso looks more sleek and sporty :)

350MH83, ScottS, Bundy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    Totally correct. Ferrari now has a special car for all types of customers, nothing wrong with that as they all are real Ferraris.

5. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Spoke to dealer today. No mention of additional funds. How was request conveyed? And likely if additional funds for deposits are requested, alters original agreement terms in other ways?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Not sure about others, but I was called and told my $10K deposits had to be increased to $30K...per Ferrari.

7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Thanks for that. I just had an "aha" moment when comparing this superimposition and the Lusso.

Those cf aero fairings need to be body colored IMO. The blacks on the configurator, which hide them, make the car pleasing to my eye- it's the rear hips which need it the most IMO.

paulchua, MDEL and elmadi like this.
  8. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Received the request via email from the dealer. Will be speaking to the dealer this week. Have decided to pass.

elmadi likes this.
  9. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    My initial deposit was 20K and confirmed just now that no additional funds required. Sounds like dealership is vetting their client list.

10. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Memo I saw was from Ferrari so it’s not a dealership thing imo.

11. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    Same here.

12. Well, I must be a total nobody (which I really am, by the way), but when I inquired my dealer wanted a 50k deposit.

13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Dealers in Switzerland want 100'000 Swissies (100 K) deposit.

Marcel Massini

14. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Because they are 90pc of the car you can put miles on and only half the price ! Pretty compelling.

15. magneti

magneti Karting
    BANNED

Dec 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    Magneti Marelli
    Ok, and someone says the same about Corvette to F, we all know the answer. That line of thought misses the point for all of us here.

I guess some would be happier if Ferrari phoned it in with lesser engines and thought into the design, and came in at the mid-high 200 range. Compare what Bentley charges for their W12 compared to the merry go round 4.0 V8tt that all their marques get a ride on. It’s near 70 delta to upgrade to 2 mated VW VR6 form the V8. When is a V12 Ferrari meant to be positioned for value?

May I quote myself?

350MH83 and paulchua like this.
  16. Elberoth

Elberoth Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2022
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Adam
    In Poland dealers want 30.000 EUR deposit to be even able to order the car in the future.

17. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I’m wondering how far out Ferrari is stacking orders now. I’d imagine between top and vip client offerings they’re sold out a couple years of production, so how many are they allocating for general buyers? I was told the first demos won’t land until December or so of 2023 with early customer allocations staring in 24, which means anyone ordering without an invite is probably looking at 2025 at the earliest. That’s pretty incredible imo.

Texas Forever and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    As I understand it, at least the second round of buyers (powertrain TBA) will still need Maranello improvement. The factory has already asked for that list of potential buyers or at least the dealers are compiling it, whatever. Perhaps "candidates" is the better word as I know my SA had literally just put me on that list the day I popped in to say hello (hmmm everything happens for a reason), even though I did not ask for one and had/have not put down an uninvited place holder "pseudo-deposit."

Methinks it is the dealers asking for the "pseudo-deposits" to vet their clients. I cannot speak for the (real) deposits of those invited/given an allocation.

Deja vu all over again.............(Miami Vice music in the back ground)

19. Elberoth

Elberoth Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2022
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #5269 Elberoth, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    The super elite buyers were able to order the car during the closed doors presentation on Wed, one day before the offcicial presentation (a friend of mine went and ordereed one).
    The elite buyers were able to order the car during the general presentation on Thursday.
    The VIP buyers, that wern't invited to Italy for the official presentation, but still have a big Ferrari car collections, can order now via their dealers putting 30k deposit down, hoping they will get the car in 1.5-2 years time.
    The general public can't even order the car - I was told 4 years wait at least for the regular Joe or people like me, who only have one Ferrari.

elmadi and Maggio23 like this.
  20. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    $30K deposit is correct from FNA.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

elmadi likes this.
  21. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I am medium level client, small collection, nothing special, Had 15 Ferraris all same dealer. Ordered in March. There was no order taking in Italy launch that was done months before and partly indicated who would attend the main launch, I did not make the cut.

22. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    In the UK at say £425 OTR for a top spec no way a premium will hold for long. Also when folks realise they can’t put miles on. That will weed out a lot of orders.

deltona and day355 like this.
  23. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    FWIW, I'm a VIP client that was invited by Ferrari to attend the launch in Tuscany (call me lucky...or foolishly willing to part with my money lol). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend (wife hasn't forgiven me), but I know orders were not placed there. Regardless, I was at a different private Ferrari event last week, and was told that I can come in anytime at this point to play around with the configurator...but no orders are being taken yet. Always keen to see what others are hearing and have been told. Cheers

elmadi and Gh21631 like this.
  24. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    In Western Europe preorders were taken some months ago. After the presentation these preorders of „eligible“ clients were now changed into orders.
    Mine showed up in MyFerari app today… Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Samui

Samui Rookie

Nov 18, 2015
    Germany
    Very well said and fully agree from my own experience. Maybe this can also convince our moderator Rob to create an own chapter for the Purosangue, currently it feels a little orphaned in this category ..