insurance for Rolex | FerrariChat

insurance for Rolex

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Husker, Jun 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I have a 1978 Rolex Sub 5512 that's starting to be worth some coin. I am going to get it appraised this week. Do you guys have any favorite insurance providers for such? Thank you!

2. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I just have all my watches added via a rider/addendum to my homeowners policy- I update the values at renewal time- I'm with American Family but think all the majors have that option- Cheers :cool:

EastMemphis, jimpo1 and Husker like this.
  3. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Jewelers Mutual is one of the big insurance companies for watches. I have mine added to my homeowner's insurance and they actually use Jewelers Mutual and quoted the same price so it made sense to roll into my homeowners. My insurance required an appraisal or a recent receipt from buying the watch. I don't recall the requirements for who could appraise the watch since I had a receipt and they used the value I paid for it.

4. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    My insurance policy is with Chubb thru the Hodinkee platform (no deductible, all-risk coverage, market value). The coverage includes loss and theft when wearing my watches anywhere outside of my home.

TG likes this.
  5. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Same for me - all my watches are on a rider to my homeowners - with AmFam - I get appraisals yearly and send them in to adjust the replacement values - Cheers

6. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I had asked my Chubb rep recently about insuring watches....
    I think my steel sub was $500 per year.... which seemed not cheap....

7. 288575

288575 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    ohio
    Full Name:
    steve
    Just use rider to home owners policy. Got $35000 worth of watches on State Farm rider for $471 a year with zero deductible.

8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I just went online to Hodinkee and insured the best eight of my watches for about $850 a year. I've very happy with that.