430 - Brake Recall | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Brake Recall

Discussion in '360/430' started by AandSC, Aug 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I won’t bother bringing my car to the dealer. If anything, I will just buy the cap and put it on.

Purch23, RedTaxi, AandSC and 2 others like this.
  2. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Agree, hopefully I can just pick up a free cap and install it. But I doubt it. They will want to install it to absolve themselves. But yes maybe buying it? Cant believe it though. My '80's muscle car has a rubber diaphragm in the cap to seal in the fluid but enables it to breathe from above.

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Yep. Actually that ‘80s design goes back even before that! What was Bosch thinking when it designed the original cap?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

RedTaxi likes this.
  4. Mercedes_Benz

Mercedes_Benz Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    South Florida
    Exactly what some of you said... I will just buy the cap myself... On my other vehicles if it was a simple recall, I would rather pay and do it myself than bring it to the dealer.

flash32 and RedTaxi like this.
  5. mjposner

mjposner Karting

Dec 1, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael J Posner
    Has anyone found a source for the cap alone?

6. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    If it matches what the 458 recall was, It's a replacement of the cap and a change to the computer setting for the low brake fluid indicator.

7. johncasale

johncasale Karting

May 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Interesting there's a recall on the cracked brake reservoir cap but not on the cracked plastic fuel pumps that can cause a fire!

8. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Could we simply use new the 458 cap then?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. fga4

fga4 Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry Cellilo

10. Mercedes_Benz

Mercedes_Benz Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    South Florida
    They gave a part #. You should be able to just order that from the dealer... Sometimes they are hard to get in the beginning since they want to keep them for all the recall cars... But you will be able to order it.

11. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    If everyone who had to replace their fuel pumps, reported it here, it would compel a recall Report a Vehicle Safety Problem, Equipment Issue | NHTSA

360trev likes this.
  12. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    normalguy supercar latest video raised his eyebrow and suspicious it was a Dealership fishng expedition in you wallet

13. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Take anything he says with a grain of salt...

14. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Yes but I'll bet when you take your car "in" for the new cap you'll come away with a list of recommendations for further work "they suggest needs doing." I took my old BMW in for the airbag recall and got a list for $5k of work that needed doing. I bought all the parts for $500 and still have most of them because the car passed it's roadworthy at the testing station with no faults. (car is gone, must sell those parts)

Purch23 and Sergio Tavares like this.
  15. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    All dealerships are a for profit business, I don't have a problem with them making recommendations...I am free to decline or get a second opinion. The point is, the post above says he is questioning the validity of a very public, expensive and embarrassing recall, as a marketing ploy. That is ridiculous. And if his speculations causes someone to reconsider having the recall performed and is subsequently injured or killed...that is reprehensible.
    (note: I have not seen the video that Sergio Tavares is quoting, so I am making a generalization. I get that normalguy makes his living off clicks and being the only "honest" guy to talk about exotic car ownership, but you have to draw a line when it comes to safety and leave opinions aside in this case)

van22 and flash32 like this.
  16. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That thought occurred to me. I bought my 430 new 17 years ago. Never had an issue and I tracked it a number of times which certainly got the brake system hot. I won't be first in line. I'll wait for potential software bugs to be worked out.

Dave

17. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Strange thing ..went to my Ferrari app and it said a recall number c24100080 dated 9/2/2022 was performed ..I didn't bring it anyway ..anyone see that weird note as well

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

18. Ffre92

Ffre92 Formula Junior

May 26, 2014
    NY
    Weird, I got the same thing, but dated Feb 2022, before recall announced, and without visiting dealer. I must be a vip now! Maybe I don’t have to buy a California and portofino to qualify for my calls to be returned by the dealer…

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Actually i have the same date ..i just thought it would be in Italian format ..DD/mm/yy

20. Ffre92

Ffre92 Formula Junior

May 26, 2014
    NY
    Ur right, I didn’t think about that!:p

Deep down I knew it, I’m just not vip material

21. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
  22. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    If must be a translation thing, usually when I see "performed" for a recall it means the work was done. When I click on it in the myFerrari app, it wants to call the dealer to setup an appointment.

Ffre92 likes this.
  23. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Good point, so maybe it's, Ferrari 'performed' (created) the recall, now come and get your car processed....

24. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Unfortunately i don't think that is the case ..i had another recall done ..it said open and then performed??

25. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Why would it have "Call your dealer/Send a Request" presented when you click on the "Performed" button under the Recall Campaign?