Maserati MC20 | Page 50 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TheMayor, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
  2. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Too much grey for me. Italian cars like colors....! But like the read seats!

3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Why in the world would anyone want permanent racing stripes on a street car?

4. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    willcrook, 3500 GT and ryalex like this.
  5. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I’m a fan of the stripes and liveries. :)

But I’m also not a red over tan Ferrari guy. I search out the less common color combos.

Robb

Nembo1777 likes this.
  6. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    But why make it permanent?

7. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I think it depends on what else is in the garage. There is that Ferrari collector that every car is yellow… or all Peter Kalikow’s cars are a particular blue.

I think a mix in your garage is better giving you a different mood with a different car. I had a gray meteorite Aston. Stunning. In AZ, because it’s so bright with the full sun all the time darker colors look better. I’d absolutely add a black or gray here. Maybe not in Seattle.

Robb

8. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Look at the special Ferrari’s:

CS
    scud
    Speciale

those stripes are permanent. I think the individuality of the stripe colors makes those cars more unique, individual, and sought after.

the MC does stand for corsa so I see a similar feel even though the mc20 seems to be a non-lightweight car like those mentioned Ferraris.

Robb

9. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I wouldn’t go with this nor an orange nor lime green nor matte, but I wouldn’t kick it….

Robb

10. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm guessing the interior trim is in ... ahem ... piano black ... ;)
    Looks perfect for Laurie Stern

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I remember seeing the c7 corvette when it came out. I always wondered why the rear bumper was left black. It felt unfinished to me. I know some of those owners opted to paint them.

so I wonder if the mc20 would benefit from body color on the gray/ carbon lowers or if the contrast is a needed design element. I think gloss black could look good and probably more finished than the molded gray if not adding the carbon.

Robb

12. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    there’s a car for sale in UK with body color. Initially I thought it looked great, and was going to do that, but the more I looked at it, the more it started to look ‘fat’! Think the contrast helps shape the side profile, but obviously a personal choice.

https://www.joemacari.com/stock/maserati-mc20/10004877

Attached Files:

Robb and staatsof like this.
  13. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well there's a lot more to a CS than just special stripes.
    Exotic car customers :rolleyes:

There will be actual different models more track oriented but my lord this thing is already so fast and apparently so very good on the road so why potentially degrade that?
    If you want a track day car that beats everyone else first learn how to drive at the track and start with something much more reasonable and cheaper to repair. Then if you're worthy you'll be able find the right car for you that can also be run for a lot less money than these cars.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  14. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You think that looks fat? I like it WO all the contrast as it looks more elegant and less boy racer wannabe.

15. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I think the body color looks very nice. Thanks for posting that. I like it painted and plain. Carbon can be overdone but it looks good on this car except that cost and possible road rash.

Robb

16. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Here is a car with mixed paint. White on the front splitter and body colored side sills the side reminds me of the look of a scud. White stripes were not shown in the configurator but I guess you can spec lots of things not off the rack.

I’m prob a fan of all the lower panels being body colored or contrasting. Probably would not mix it like this which may have been an early test car rather than an order.

Robb

17. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Anyone buying (or bought) a car who has seen the racing seats vs the standard sport seats? Chris Harris’ review indicated that the car’s lateral g’s way outperform the standard seats and he was rolling out of those. All the other reviewers indicated the standard seats were comfortable though. Wondering the comfort level of the optional racing seats. I had the rare carbon sport seats in my 360 (in size large) and I found them in leather to be fairly comfortable for 2-3 hour drives.

not sure if the Maserati optional race seats are sized small, med, large, or one size…

thanks for any first hand knowledge.

I’m getting my questioned lined up to meet with the dealer.

here are the sport seats shown in a car sold on the used (flipper) market in CA.

Robb

18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  19. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    I sat in both at Quail and prefer the race seats. Race seats seem more fitting for coupe and comfort for vert - as displayed at Quail. But the best interior option/color, Blue Cielo, is unavailable with the race seats. Seems like an oversight from the factory.

Robb likes this.
  20. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Here is a photo of the race seats from the Maserati accessory brochure.

aren’t these shown in blue cielo with the laser cuts?

Robb

21. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    Yes, and when I first saw it, I thought it looked brilliant and immediately told dealer that’s what I wanted.
    Just the more I look at it, the more I think the design is better with contrast, as it makes sides looked more sculpted. So went for black gloss. Personal opinion and all that!

Robb likes this.
  22. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    [​IMG]

The black hole of Calcutta option ... man that's a dark interior. I hope it's got amazing interior lighting ...

wbaeumer and Robb like this.
  23. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Oh that's new to me. Looks perfect.

24. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    So I went to Ferrari / Maserati of Scottsdale on Friday to learn more about the mc20 and it’s pricing.

The sales team was super helpful and gave me updated pricing information and ordering timetables. I could get on the list with a deposit and be about a 12 month period til delivered.

They had three cars on the floor. So it was great to see three different specs at one time. Two with carbon exterior and one without. Both versions of the exterior packages looked excellent.

The overall design was top notch.

At 6’ tall I fit just fine with a couple more inches to spare above my head. Not really any more room behind the seat where the mid engine Ferraris always give me another 6” or so. Not sure a helmet would have a lot of room on me but that wasn’t my main focus.

the camera in the rear view mirror seemed fine. Ergonomics we’re good. Fit and finish inside were good.

the base leather interior looked nice but very, very plain. I saw the alcantara seat fabric in cuoio and it looked good but it’s not a color that lends itself to anything but smooth leather in my opinion. Cuoio leather - yes please. Cuoio alcantara - no, I’d pick blue, red, black or gray.

I told the sales guy I would look over the pricing with my wife and let him know today.

So we looked at pricing. and unfortunately, I won’t be ordering one. Although I wish I could.

but this car simply can’t really be ordered without getting close to 275-300k before taxes…

the base price for 2023 has increased from about 210k in 2022 to 234k. You can only get it in black or gray for that price with black wheels, calipers etc. ANY change from silver wheels to other colors etc will simply raise the price very quickly.

want it in red - add $10k
    Blue or green - add $16,500
    Want stripes or a livery - add another 10-20k

Want the non-all black interior? That will set you back 2,800 but you can only spec that with the carbon interior pack for another 7,500

So I was interested at 230k including a few options out the door.

It’s unfortunately out of my pay grade at 275 to 300k

so I guess I will wander back over to the second hand ferrari market in January after the world recession is in full swing. Disappointing because I love the mc20…

Robb

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sig. Roma and NewYorkLego like this.
  25. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So I wonder if these will depreciate at the same rate as other Maseratis or McLarens. If so, you can probably get a low mileage one next year under 200K. That would be a bargain as long as they offer an extended warranty buy in.

The base price of this car should start about $165K. Then they would have something.

Robb likes this.