Audrain Concours and Motor Week 9/29-10/2 | FerrariChat

Audrain Concours and Motor Week 9/29-10/2

Discussion in 'New England' started by audi_328, Aug 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Anybody going? I'm going to head down for the C&C on Saturday, then do the Concours starting at 630 on Sunday. It's not cheap, around $210 for the Concours if you want to be there super early ($150 if you want to get there at the regular open time at 830), but I went last year for just the concours and found it to be a well put together event, lots of great cars in a beautiful setting, wanted to spend a little more time there this year.

https://www.audrainconcours.com/2022-audrain-concours-motor-week-tickets

2. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Looks good. I’ll have to check it out.

audi_328 likes this.
  3. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    chucklehead likes this.
  4. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Any recommendations for hotels near there?

5. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I stayed at the Auberge. It was great.

chucklehead likes this.
  6. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    My car is in it, display only. It will be in the tour on Saturday too. If the schedule is like last year, the tour group will join the Cars & Coffee held at Fort Adams around 9:30-10 then move on to Bellevue Ave. where they will be lined for all to see. Chucklehead, swing by and say "hi", I grew up in Beverly Farms. I remember charging around the streets there and in Manchester as a passenger in an early Cobra bought by a father for his wild son....very wild as his driving proved! Fortunately traffic back then was MUCH lighter than today.

JAS12 and chucklehead like this.
  7. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I will come to Cars & Coffee and check out Bellevue Avenue on Saturday. I got comped a ticket for Sunday, see if it actually works.

8. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    Charlie, are you heading down Saturday, or just Sunday?

9. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Planning to be there for C&C Saturday and got an early concours ticket for Sun. Unfortunately weather looking like garbage on Sat with 1.3+ inches of rain, likely some rain Sunday as well.

10. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I’ll be there tomorrow

11. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
  12. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
  13. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Oh well

Attached Files:

14. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    It was a pretty cold and blustery concours, but at least the rain stayed away. Arrived at 630 and got a pic of the first Ferrari on the lawn, a 246 Dino - think I might try volunteering next year, looks like it’d be fun to play a part instead of just spectating, though there was lots to see. Among the Ferraris on the lawn were 3 212 Inters (one rebodied by Drogo into a California-style spyder), a 250 MM spyder, 365 California Spyder, 206 Dino in Verde Scuro, 365 GTC/4, 330 GTC, 512 BB and an F40.

For sure, besides getting to chat with some of the people who brought cars, getting to see and hear them getting arranged this morning was great. I didn’t get a chance to chat with @sam231 but overheard one guy say to another he’d never heard of a Ferrari with more than 100k miles on it, referring to Sam’s C4.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

375+, Timo Seefeld, rob and 3 others like this.
  15. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    A little late but a few comments:

As a participant I would like to add that the Museum staff and volunteers made a herculean effort to ensure the tour and concours were fun events. Volunteers we up late Saturday night after the rain stopped laying plywood sheets on the ground at the corner of the Breakers to prevent us from getting stuck in mud. We appreciated all their efforts very much. Very friendly folk despite the long hours.

On the tour Saturday I had my windows slightly cracked open to help clear the fog from the windshield. It was raining so hard with a strong wind that water blew through and pooled on my carpets. There were several cars with little or no weather protection
    and occupants being totally soaked...but we all had fun with lots of stories! I had be entered as a display but wound up being judged. No prize, did not expect any, but had fun with the judges talking about my 16 years of ownership.

audi_328 likes this.