TFT menus not available when parked in California T? | FerrariChat

TFT menus not available when parked in California T?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by SVCarEnthusiast, Sep 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SVCarEnthusiast

Jan 14, 2020
    Los Altos
    The TFT menu of my California T does not perform as described in the manual. When I am parked I can't access any of the menu items, and the arrows are unresponsive. The only response I can get is when I press OK it will toggle between some of the odometer settings - miles to empty - trip odometer - etc. in the bottom right of the TFT screen.

When driving, the menu button will pull up a menu that lets me choose "Dimming" or "Speed Limit", but I'm not able to get to the other important TFT menu items to set the clock or recalibrate my tire pressure system.

Has anyone seen this? Am I doing something wrong, or is this another electrical gremlin?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    at standstill, try turning off the parking sensors by pressing the parking sensor button in the roof panel and that should allow access to the settings menu. When you're moving it won't let you access the settings menu.

3. SVCarEnthusiast

Jan 14, 2020
    Los Altos
    Thank you! That did the trick and now I was finally able to set the clock. I was able to start a TPMS calibration. I'm not sure if it completed as it still is complaining about a tire but all 4 seem well inflated. Will try to put in a bit more air to see if that fixes it.

4. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Before adding any air, get a decent pressure gauge on each of the wheels and compare the pressures between each of them and with the readout on the dash. That should give you a feeling of confidence of the TPMS and if you have a faulty sensor in one wheel. Once you’ve got a baseline confidence it’s all working then you can decide if you trust it or not.