Any Experience with TFX International Vehicle Transport | FerrariChat

Any Experience with TFX International Vehicle Transport

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Nospinzone, Aug 11, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I posted this in the General Discussion forum and then it occurred to me that I might get a better response here since the company is based in Canada.

I am looking to have my car shipped back from Montreal. The only company I can find who will go to Canada is TFX. What few reviews I can find on the internet are a little iffy. In a phone call with the company I was told they shipped about 50 cars for the FCA Annual Experience.

If anyone here has used them could you relate your experience.

Also if anyone has another recommendation I would appreciate it. I contacted InterCity, Reliable, Plycar and Horseless Carriage. None will go into Canada.

2. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    I just posted my experience in your other thread

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Saw it, thanks very much!

4. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I used them several years ago when I imported a car from the US. Top notch service

Nospinzone likes this.
  5. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    A friend is transporting his car from the west coast to Montreal.
    Top notch service.

Nospinzone likes this.
  6. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I had a Portofino that I bought out of Toronto shipped to my dealer in Calgary this spring and received it without any issues.

Nospinzone likes this.
  7. 87testa

87testa Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    You wont have any problems with them. I have used them to get my car shipped to various National meets.

Nospinzone likes this.
  8. ACW44

ACW44 Rookie

Jan 1, 2010
    Ontario
    I imported a car from the West Coast of the US to Ontario in 2019. As others have said, top notch, no problems with them. A great experience.

Nospinzone likes this.
  9. Spark77

Spark77 Rookie

Sep 26, 2021
    Used TFX to transport two vehicles from California to BC. No complaints, professional service, good communication.

10. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    TFX is outstanding. I have used them many times with absolutely zero problems

Nospinzone likes this.
  11. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I used them once a while ago and delivered the car to them in Toronto myself. I met the owner who is a REAL car guy. Showed me his personnal collection that include Ferraris.
    Top notch service.
    Tried to used them again for another purchase for a 400i convertable which I got scammed by the seller. They went there TWICE (in the USA) to load the car but it would't start. Finally the seller refused to sell the already fully paid car and refunded me with a $6000 loss.
    TFX never charged me a single dollar for their service to go there twice for nothing.

Total professionnal service.

Nospinzone likes this.
  12. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    Great service with TFX. They brought our E39 M5 up from Atlanta to Toronto. You get what you pay for, and in this case it's excellent.

Nospinzone likes this.
  13. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dealt with them several times for quotes, but never used them. Always a positive interaction, significantly more expensive though.

Nospinzone likes this.
  14. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    I know what I said above, and still stand by that, however a point to note is that TFX is extremely backed up and fairly slow to get moving as a result. I have also been using Safe Auto to move all my vehicles lately, including my 550 Maranello, M5, 360 Modena, etc., and they provide TFX-levels of service with much more urgency. They'd honestly be my go-to recommendation now.

Nospinzone likes this.
  15. YYZ

YYZ Rookie

Jul 17, 2011
    Toronto
    It’s been a while, but I’ve had 5-6 previous cars picked up by TFX as arranged by the new owners. In each case the driver appeared to be careful, and was very thorough about documenting the condition of the cars before they went onto the transport. And the recipients were happy on the other end

I can’t speak to any current backlogs, but based on past experience, I’d have no hesitation in calling them up if needed

Nospinzone and Nuvolari like this.