F355 Market | Page 414 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Water-based? Solvent based?

It also says after "baking". I prefer not to bake (my personal stuff). I understand if you're running a shop, baking is needed to move things along. I think baking creates more orange peel. I prefer natural baking in the sun.

2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Solvent based. But I grabbed the wrong clear. This is what I have used. I knew there was a reason I waited a day. ;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    It has been discussed before, as you alluded to. No, I don't own a F-car. I had started looking when 355s were sub six figure cars but admittedly went to the sidelines since COVID seemed to turn the entire used car market on it's head. The 355 is the only F-car I am really interested in.
    The reason(s) I stay here are: 1) I like the expertise that Ken, Rob, John and others provide. I enjoy learning about the cars. And 2) Most of my contrarian posts are simply goading Ken (I think he enjoys the debate). Otherwise, this forum would be stuck running between F-chat and BaT telling the world that 355s are all worth half a million dollars (except F1 Spyders that only rate $60k ;) ).
    I completely understand owners pride of vehicles. I disagree with owning a car as an investment (or else I'd be on a Porsche forum) but acknowledge that thee is potential opportunity to make money. I've found that people that only look at a hobby as investments or ROI tend to ruin it for the people that put in the level of effort I see here.
    If all else fails, and I don't choose to join the club, that's fine. I learned a few things and wasted my own time.

355dreamer, cetera and IvanRico like this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    how is a car different than a non dividend paying stock or real estate at 0 cap? same ****.

5. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    A car was designed and built to be driven. Even if you view it as one would a piece of art, you can't fully appreciate a thing until it is used for the purpose intended.

But if you view everything as a commodity, then it becomes "same ****"

Not intended as a philosophical debate or distraction from the topic. I just wanted to address the question put to me.

IvanRico likes this.
  6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Without question

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You do realize the day you purchase your dream 355, you’re gonna wish you never made half those posts. Everyone switches tune once they own :).

9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  10. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    You answered your own question

11. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    LOL...you sound like an ex wife ;)

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I dont post on gulfstream message board….because i dont have one

carnutdallas and MAD828 like this.
  13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The 355's price is a function of supply and demand, not so much intrinsic value. If you want to put an intrinsic value on it, you actually can because there is a market price to rent these, which is an income stream.

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Stocks dont have a true intrinsic value unless ur talking about value if everything is liquidated - everything else is perceived value, ie supply and demand

ShineKen likes this.
  15. MRF40@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Planet Urf.
    Full Name:
    like whut? Ralph??
    I'll give you $60K for the original.

16. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That is funny….

I prefer the Falcon 900 or old school Jetstar boards ;-) Gulfstreams are so de rigueur.

Real money rides in the back whenever they F’ing want. This 355 discussion really is not $h$t, compared to peeps that pay that bill.

One of my clients had really thought he had made some money, close to $50m - serious money. Was at a DCC discussion on 19th whole as story goes and was talking about jet money. Excited to buy…. Old guy with REAL money stopped him and said (paraphrasing): “you don’t have enough money to really afford that plane. Your a Netjets guy on occasion. First class ticket buyer all the way, but you want to “”own”” a jet, you better triple that and fast, and it still may not be enough to really ride in the back. Every time you make the call to wheels up, your a$$ will pucker. Jet ownership money means, not giving zero F’s about wheels up.”

Great story. Has always stuck with me. My father went broke owning planes. I know what it takes and these discussions are not about real money. Buy what you can afford, buy the best. Don’t always be waiting, these cars are not expensive, but You will PAY to do it. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Even more so when at motion at the limits of grip.

mclaudio likes this.
  18. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    You know what’s fun about this thread? Go back sometime around and look at the posts made when the thread had around 200 pages.

That was the time I was screaming that these cars were work way more than the 65k they were selling for. I was right, but the peanut gallery said there’s no way that they would sell for more.

Back then, I offered my 95 white GTS with 16k miles for 80k and some longtime members said I was crazy. I think it sold in 2 days. I’d have to dig through my profile to see the details on the Rosa owners account here on Fchat to check details.

I’ll admit I was wrong then and so were the other FChat members were as well.

But however, I took some of that money and put some in the market and some in Real Estate. I’ve done better with that money than if I would have the money in the FChat 355 value thread here today.

Anyway, I still wish I would have never sold that car.

carnutdallas and Closingtime like this.
  19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  20. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I'll go ahead and exclude myself from the peanut gallery.

And, you were crazy, for not keeping it.

Source- Myself.

Proud member of the wish I didn't sell my GTS club.

cavlino likes this.
  21. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    I’ll say it. I love the Bs…but the contrast between the interior/exterior sound makes wish I had a GTS. Just a teensy bit, and only sometimes. Or that a nice manual spider was still $60k.

22. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I've been laughing at you coupe guys for years, driving around with the windows up and the AC on and raving about the F1 sound. Now, if you had a spider, even if you shift at 6k, ..... :rolleyes::D

audi_328 likes this.
  23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  24. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Got that right. :)

ShineKen likes this.
  25. TipoF129

TipoF129 Karting

Mar 27, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    ROBERT BROPHY
    It’s so true! I was in the canyons yesterday and started top up as it was hot, then dropped it after a few mins. The difference even in a soft top is ridiculous. Just giggling the whole time with that sound!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app