SF 90 XX | Page 2 | FerrariChat

SF 90 XX

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by FerrariFR33458, May 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think the word "boring" is the wrong word. Yes there will probably be a few die-hard classic car owners who like twigs in their stout and whom will only drive a Frogeye Sprite that would label those cars boring. But I suspect that will be out of spite more than anything. What I do know is that there are lroper enthusiasts who will have little to no interest in a Pista, 765 or SF90 for that matter. They will definitely respect the cars abilities, but their disinterest will ultimately result in them getting bored quickly as,they won't connect with the car.

We cannot categorically say that they are not enthusiasts, they just have a different approach. I do think a Stanley steamer is interesting - for about 15 minutes, and I would not turn down a ride if I was offered one. I would get a kick out of it the same way a classic car enthusiast might get a kick out of a 765 or Pista. Then after a while I'd lose interest and probably get bored.

Car enthusiasm does not mean we have to be enthusiastic about every single car out there with a quirk. One can appreciate and respect a car for what it is and represent, but that does not mean that the car will hold on to our attention.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Kinda depends on your location. I need my lifter at least 2-3 times per week.

350MH83, Caeruleus11 and Napoli like this.
  3. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Love to be able to scrape my SF90 but who knows when it will arrive - jealous!

MikeJF488 likes this.
  4. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    While I've not yet driven my spider with AF (because it hasn't yet been delivered, despite being finished in early January...although I'm told it's just waiting for a transport truck in NJ), I couldn't care less what any "reviewer" says about it. So long as they're not writing the check, I'll decide was best for my sensibilities. Most of these clowns today profit from being THE story online, instead of producing objective reviews...which inherently leads to an inability to hide their biases. The same goofs nitpicking an SF90 for being too computerized and numb, are fawning over the soulless Tesla Plaid. It seems the ability to achieve G-Loc on the way to Starbucks (on autopilot) is how supercars are now being measured. Only the Mustang owner isn't worried about the EV's straight line prowess, because he knows sidewalk shortcuts. Bring on the SF90 VS...I'm a buyer. Because in a blink, ICE's will be as much a memory as a gated 6.

5. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Hearing VS will be announced in August/September. Perhaps we will find out more in a couple weeks at Capital Markets Day.

6. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    The real question will be what will it take to have qualified to get one!?! Hopefully it will be limited like the 812 Comp/Aperta. I would imagine they will require at minimum VIP status and both an SF90 Stradale and SF90 Spider purchase to be considered as well as a recent GT car purchase. I also think with the secondary market flippers, the dealership network may have less say and the Factory will be telling the dealerships who is allowed/selected to purchase just like with the V12 Purosangue.

Second question will be, with the price these manufacturers have seen people willing to pay for cars on the secondary market, they now know they are leaving profit on the table by not charging more. Makes me wonder how much they will run up the base price of the SF90 VS and VS Spider. Time will tell.

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I might be completely wrong, but for some odd reason, I don't think it will be as hard to get as the 812C. Ferrari know they can pick and choose when it comes to V12 VS buyers. But the SF90 platform still have a lot more people on the fence and sceptical. My guess is that it might be more of a Pista/Speciale situation. By that I'm thinking that buy-in will be already owning an SF90.

The SF90 is not produced in huge numbers to say the least, and it will not be every SF90 owner who will be interested in the VS. The La F successor is also in the wings, so that might also matter in terms of how "special" they allow the SF90 to become.

When comparing this to the 812C everything is just quite different. Just look back at the overall hype that surrounded the 812C even prior to its official announcement never mind its actual launch. It was talked about years before we saw it, and that definitely matters in terms of how Ferrari markets the car. This SF90 VS flies under the radar, and aside from our little owners group here in the SF90 section, who actually knows, and how many else actually cares?

This will be pretty pricy for sure, and that definitely also eliminate quite a few, compared to those willing to pay for a Speciale or Pista.

Don't get me wrong, I think it will be brilliant and I hope I'm on what ever list there is. Just thinking that it might not need to be regulated as much as the 812C had to.

LMH, Caeruleus11 and Glenn Quagmire like this.
  8. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013

9. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
  10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    JTSE30 and LMH like this.
  11. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    What the hell are they???

12. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I'm on the list for an SF90 aperta. Cancelled by coupe. I'm considered a VIP customer by the dealership, but I would be hard to pressed to say if an SF90 VS will come. I'm sure if it will be anunced I'm on the list, but it won't leave me drooling in anticipation. I don't see the reasoning behind it. It's already a special vehicle. Why make a VS and an VS.
    I know these things can be highly debatable, but again I fail to see reasoning.
    The 812C seems like the currant halo F car (besides the SP3). So how would an SF90 VS fit next to a possible new LaF. OR this SF90VS is the new LaF!?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The new LaFerrari will definitely be a different model; carbon chassis, V12, limited production, 2 million price tag; the lot.

14. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Not sure what this mule is, but nothing like the aggressive aero car I saw in January. If I had to bet, I would on a SF90 XX car instead of SF90 VS..

15. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    That is my guess. The SF90XX will replace the 599XX and a new design will replace the FXX-K.

16. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Probably the new LMH for the FXX-K…again just a hunch.

17. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    The SF90 is not a VS, anyone can buy it. Unlike a VS like the 812Comp that many VIP clients got mad as they were told no

18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    VS doesn't necessarily imply limited production or exclusivity. VS is the hardcore version of a model.

Lagunae92 likes this.
  19. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    We will see a V8 is also am option

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
  21. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Could be everything, mule for new bosch engine, mule for new hypercar etc. So far just speculation, nothing confirmed

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Word coming from a number of well informed sources is there is in fact an updated/VS version of the SF90 due mid next year. F173VS is the code name from my understanding for it.

456-boy likes this.
  23. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Yes, F173VS and F173VS Spider confirmed.

isot likes this.
  24. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Add it was always intended to be!

456-boy likes this.