458 - The Solution to 458 music Bluetooth woes has finally been discovered | FerrariChat

458 The Solution to 458 music Bluetooth woes has finally been discovered

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariCognoscenti, Oct 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    #1 FerrariCognoscenti, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    The weakest point of the 458 (besides the brakes) is obviously the lack of a robust Bluetooth music option that presents no issues, connects automatically, let’s your phone automatically connect upon startup, disconnects upon turning the car off, and is reliably always working and connects effortlessly. There have been a plethora of Bovee/Invery and other options suggested that people have tried in the other Bluetooth thread, but buried within was in fact a solution that absolutely warrants a standalone thread.

It is important to understand not all Invery/Bovee’s are created equal. They all have different firmware and there are dozens of Bovee and Invery options that somewhat work with the 458 but do not reliably work (i.e. they have to be disconnected each time you start the car, cycle the Bluetooth on your phone on/off, etc.)…. Even though the 100 options out there all look identical. This is why it’s been so tough finding one that actually works perfectly with our 458’s.

I tried multiple Invery/BoveeAirDual’s all that performed less than satisfactorily, until THIS Invery Air Dual which has firmware for VW and Porsche. This Invery does everything I described above effortlessly, and I’ve been using it the last month and it has connected automatically EVERY I start the car and the “iPod” option automatically appears without issue every single time in my right dash screen. This allows me to stream Spotify, use Google maps GPS over the car, etc. without having any of the age old Bovee issues that have plagued so many 458 owners. I start the car up and it connects everything mine flawlessly.

I cannot possibly recommend this one enough. It’s on Amazon…don’t buy any other AirDual/Invery/Bovee even though they all look the same, make sure it’s this one. The link is below to the specific one that works with the 458 perfectly. Give it a try and please report back your results here. I am confident you’ll have the same results as me. I’ve shared this with three other 458 owners all who have had overwhelming success as I have. It makes the 458 media center now finally seem like it is part of the 21st century.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G3893JY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z33, bball16 and Beez like this.
  2. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks. Just purchased - fingers crossed.

3. LondonParis

LondonParis Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2020
    Houston/London/Paris
    Full Name:
    Bill Coates
    I will second the recommendation. I have been using this invery in my 612 OTO with the bose system for nearly a year. The controls on the steering wheel and bose head unit to advance track etc also work. Sound quality is surprising as well.

4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Thanks for the tip!

5. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    I bought something like this for my 2010 Cali, didn't really work. I bought a cable, plug it into the aux port, and no problems.

6. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    #6 rob5819, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    Glad it works for you and hope it works for others, but it was just as bad as every other Bovee I've tried in my 2014 458 Spider. I clicked your link and saw it was the same model I tested back in December:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

You can read my thoughts on it at:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/458-bluetooth-stereo.625932/page-2#post-148260171

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/458-bluetooth-stereo.625932/page-2#post-148293207

7. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Yes- there are hundreds they look identical and don’t work. The one in the link is the ONLY one that verifiably works on several different 458’s perfectly.

For the record I’m using an iPhone 11 with it. Obviously different devices, etc may yield different results.

Rexcat458 likes this.
  8. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    In another thread, an owner found that turning off the car’s Bluetooth caused the Bovee/ invery to work all the time. Is your car Bluetooth off or on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

9. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I keep the car Bluetooth permanently off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I'm glad that other people have found solutions that are working, but that one didn't do anything for me.

I disabled bluetooth to the infotainment center when I read that thread originally. It made no difference with either the Invery or the Bovee. My main problem is that the iPod/Bovee or iPod/Invery option disappears from the infotainment menu if the car has been off for man than an hour or two. On startup the car is on the FM setting and the iPod setting is missing. I have to unplug the adapter to get the iPod option back on the infotainment center (after holding VIEW to exit digital speedometer). I assume the Bovee/Invery goes into some sort of standby/hibernation state and my infotainment center doesn't see it on startup.

Maybe it's just an issue with my particular infotainment center or iPod adapter, but the 2005 iPod Nano I have plugged in is always available on startup. I'd prefer bluetooth streaming since that would be consistent with how i listen to music in my other cars, but I can live with the HDD and iPod until I find something that works consistently in my car.

11. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    That’s a shame. For me it’s always there, over a month of daily driving now and it’s not disappeared once.

Rexcat458 and rob5819 like this.
  12. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Ok.

With nothing definitive to back this up except with experience with Nanos, nanos are 10 + year old technology. Software is likely NOT up to current standards. Everyone else is using a latter day iPhone. My not be AT ALL the same experience.

First make sure your nano had the latest software. Then make sure your adapter is up to latest software.

Bur if you’re using a wired nano, you don’t need Bluetooth as the wired connection should work well. Mine does.

If you want to use Bluetooth exclusively then you must plug the adapter to the external power port on the center armrest to charge the iPod and only use Bluetooth to connect (something I’ve not done).

SV

13. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Exact same experience

14. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Appreciate your response, but I'm not understanding your post. In my 2014 458 Spider with IPOD option, there is a cable in the glove compartment, there is no center armrest. You can plug an iPod into the cable or a Bovee/Invery bluetooth adapter with an iPod interface to provide streaming from bluetooth. The bluetooth adapters (Bovee, Inverey) have been unreliable, at least for me (although they worked great in a 2006 Mercedes CLK and a 2011 Maserati Gran Turismo). My 2005 iPod Nano is 17 years old, there is no "latest software" for it, but it connects with no problem to the 458 IPOD option.

[​IMG]

In my Portofino M no problems using Apple Carplay using the rear adapter in my center armrest. I can also stream bluetooth from both an iPhone 11 and a Samsung S21 with no issues.

15. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    So that’s the 5th success story I’ve heard of so far with this Bovee variant above.

Can you post what phone etc. and year of car you use?

bball16 likes this.
  16. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    1phone 13pro max 2013 458

17. LondonParis

LondonParis Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2020
    Houston/London/Paris
    Full Name:
    Bill Coates
    iPhone 13 Pro
    iPhone XS
    Pixel 6
    2009 612 OTO 164158

18. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Have not tried it myself but here is a hard wire version for the 458

| For ferrari 458 Italy spider bluetooth music module modified bluetooth playback wire speed ECU upgrade
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_EuqxJ11

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

19. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Interesting. Anyone here use this? If not…any takers to be the Guinea pig.