Mondials For Sale | Page 116 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    You need to also add the BaT 5% buyers fee, making the total to the buyer about $65,650.

Regards,
    Jerry

WilyB likes this.
  2. Mondi Cab

Mondi Cab Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    EU
    Full Name:
    J.Schulz
    The license plate would suggest, that the mileage derives of Ferris driving it home backwards........ o_O

JayG and DadsFerrari like this.
  3. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Well I've never had to crack open the odometer as my dad, as per my username, was only preoccupied with the other cars that he owned. If only we had bought the neighbors 250 California instead back in the early 80s... she was a wench who sold it to a dealer cheap, just to see it marked up big time.

4. Gasinggeorge

Gasinggeorge Rookie

Dec 9, 2010
    Im seriously considering this car but dont have an immediate opportunity to view the car personally. Am surprised you didnt like the color in the flesh (as it looks great in the pictures), maybe i should wait and view with my own eyes…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ellum likes this.
  5. Gasinggeorge

Gasinggeorge Rookie

Dec 9, 2010
    The current seller has not mentioned to me the cat and lower output - how did you find out?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. ellum

ellum Rookie

Dec 8, 2020
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Elvis
    It does on pictures. Looking forward to your thoughts after you see in flesh. I specially didn't like the rear. I ended buying a Red/Tan QV, which matches my taste most. Just to put it in context I like the black bumpers look more.

7. schelle_pelle

schelle_pelle Karting

Oct 22, 2021
    Berlin, Germany
    It's a CH-Version and therefore should be equipped with a cat which therefore reduces power output marginally.

8. ellum

ellum Rookie

Dec 8, 2020
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Elvis
    Yes it is. I did forget to check if it had an airpump. The exhaust is very very quiet, quieter then my CH-QV.

9. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
  10. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
  11. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    So, roughly $58K with buyers premium. That seems reasonable. It looked like a really nice car. I was expecting it to bid over $60K.

Did anyone notice the $2400ish engine-out, 30K service that it had performed in 2019? Seems like a great deal!

2cam

dmarti02 likes this.
  12. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Like a steak and lobster dinner for $19.99?

13. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Yeah, I noticed that too. $650 dollars labor for an engine out major? Sign me up!

14. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Car looks really good in person for me

15. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Lol. True! However, the work appears to have been done by a well-respected shop with great reviews...

2cam

16. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
  17. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    I've been waiting to put mine on BaT as it received little attention here. Trying to wait until there's maybe only one listed.

18. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Just watched all his videos looks like a decent example and he has had the right people servicing it.
    Not sure I understand the whole high beam set-up and I've never heard of an odometer working on/off but seems like the owner is being transparent about everything.

19. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    This one is really calling me, been watching it since I saw this post yesterday. Wish I had the storage space to put it in.

20. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Sold for $32,500

21. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That was a good buy, I liked that car. First good buy I've seen in awhile hopefully there are more to come.

22. sinistermist

sinistermist Karting

Mar 23, 2016
    I bid on it. I think 34k after fees was fair. It has a few needs. The unknown mileage was what really put me off. It is also a euro model which eliminates a lot of buyers due to emissions.

paulchua likes this.
  23. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    To me the market has just gotten so high on the collector cars that I like that I have pretty much given up but I would of spent the money for this car and been happy with paying 32,500 for it. I think part of it to for me anyways is that there are less chances as time goes on of finding decent cars.
    This particular car the downsides for me were the mileage, the TRX rims, and I'm pretty sure it didn't have a cat and think I would need one here in Vt to pass inspection don't think it would be exempt.The upsides were it was up to date on service and has had two top shops do the work on it and that engine was very clean and well cared for. Also only had 3 owners and did have some service history and appeared to be accident free.

24. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #2899 theunissenguido, Oct 6, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    Some remarks = the lights of that check control should go on when putting contact on and after some seconds go out, when all is fine. Here the check control is disconnected. And it has a new fuse board from Belgium...:)

25. Edgewood121

Edgewood121 Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    F. Skirianos
    I think that price was a bit low for a euro non-sunroof clean Mondial. Seller probably panicked and dropped the reserve and instantly regretted it would be my guess. Maybe he needed the funds to buy a house or something. I don't think the right buyer was there that day. Someone that likes a black Ferrari and also a DIY guy. Also, I think peanuts in the gallery trolled the car a little too much.

Looks like it's a honest car that was judged a smidge too harshly.