On the road again - Robb's Maserati Adventures | Page 2 | FerrariChat

On the road again - Robb's Maserati Adventures

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Robb, Sep 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Made it to Albuquerque. Car is running like an industrial sewing machine. Steady and solid. I paralleled a freight train for about an hour with both of us going about 70.

I ordered a Bluetooth plugin for the auxiliary audio plug so I can stream music from my phone. It was like $70 from Amazon.

will get in for an oil change and brake / coolant flush when I get back to AZ.

will also order floor mats and start thinking about refinishing a few of the plastics.

Robb

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

pearsonhaus, Nembo1777 and rob lay like this.
  2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Robb likes this.
  3. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Made it back over my border to AZ today. And hit my favorite driving roads through the White mountains and Mongolian rim thru payson down toward home.

overall a well spent 2300 miles basically from coast to coast. Learned a lot about our car.

got the biggest smile and hug from my wife when she got home from work and finally got her keys. That made it all worth it. One of her bucket lists completed. I’ll get it washed up and we’ll be out this weekend showing her the quirks and nice characteristics.

Robb

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rob lay and Nembo1777 like this.
  4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I used to do it 30 years ago in Nevada but not ALL day, more like hours at a time. There it wasn't deer or elk but errant cows! :eek:
    I drove through Montana and a part of Canada as we navigated through Glacier, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone parks back in 2015 as part of a vintage Lamborghini rally with the rally coming at the end of the 2 week trip. When we were reentering the USA our rental Subaru was surrounded by a herd of long horn steers but at about 3 mph. We drove pretty fast in Montana but only 100 and below.

5. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Looks like a nice trip in a very nice car made for such travels. Did you ever feel nervous for yourself or the car because of the ostentatious nature a Maserati like this?
    I can't imagine the stress level of making the same trip with one of those Ferraris from that dealership. This Maserati comes across to me as a nice comfortable GT that's not over the top in any way.

But maybe I'm a bit jaded?

6. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I wasn’t worried about a breakdown. I had insurance and roadside just in case. I’ve learned to go for it without letting anything slow me down.

Robb

7. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    No breakdowns weren't what I was talking about, something much worse.

8. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I had multiple people taking photos of the car at the hotels when I was walking back to the car and at gas stations when I was coming out with drinks or pumping gas. Everyone said “nice car” but no one really asked any other questions. I didn’t have any issues with feeling unsafe. No road rage. I think my Ferraris attract more cell phone road photos and people wanting to race etc…

Robb

pearsonhaus and staatsof like this.
  9. Roadney

Roadney Karting

your wheels are better looking than the neptunes. keep'em. and the color is great too.

Robb likes this.
  10. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Yeah, it might be a good idea to get a second set of rims if prices are good. Maybe a set of Grigio mercury finish. I can’t stand black wheels but their medium gray looks ok. I’m a sucker for regular silver rims on cars. But I prefer the black window trim / grills etc.

I can’t really do the chrome look either.

Robb

pearsonhaus likes this.
  11. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Went out with my brother in the GT and he loved it. He and his wife didn’t want to drive it out of sport mode… lol

I’m curious. Do all Maserati owners also have a Ferrari in the garage? Does one come before the other? We’ve owned 5 or 6 Ferraris first then added the GT. It’s a good sibling rivalry I think and they complement each other.

Robb

pearsonhaus likes this.
  12. Akg200

Akg200 Karting

Mar 10, 2022
    The States
    That color is totally awesome, your wife must be super pleased. Great job mate.

Robb likes this.
  13. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    pearsonhaus likes this.
  14. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Now I just have some interior pieces that are headed toward a sticky finish in the future so I will start getting them removed and fixed.

I think I will swap out the screen for a touch screen with apple car play but leave the rest of the buttons, trim and a/c controls alone (but refinished.). Should transform the driver input on normal road-trips and daily runs.

Robb

15. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Is that possible?

16. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    yes. It’s an easy swap costing about $1,000. Not a huge priority though.

Robb

staatsof likes this.
  17. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Would like to get details (model, steps to replace, etc) when you get around to it. I find having Apple CarPlay to be a really nice feature.

Ivan

Robb likes this.
  18. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Robb, love the skinny Italian flags on the Lithuanian floor mats!

Robb likes this.
  19. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    redfred84, pearsonhaus and thecarnut like this.