FF with a Water Leak in Trunk and Cargo Area | FerrariChat

FF with a Water Leak in Trunk and Cargo Area

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Bahb7, Oct 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bahb7

Bahb7 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 8, 2011
    Boston, MA area
    Hi Guys,
    Looking at purchasing a FF. It's not "perfect" for it's mileage. That being said, so far, every FF I've looked at has had some sort of imperfection, usually by something stupid done by the previous owner, like a body panel that's been replaced or painted, or a scratched or dented rim, etc).

But this car is a new one for me.....There seems to be some sort of water leak in the rear trunk/cargo area. It shows up in the pictures. And upon inspecting the car in person, the Alcantara on the side panel and the carpet in that area are soaking wet. See circled area in the picture below. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy fix for this?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

This car has the panoramic roof. Not sure if that makes a difference. I would understand if it was a sunroof that opens, as those frequently leak on some cars, but it's not.

There are a few other odd things about this car which raise a flag for me too and may be indicators for how it was used and maintained. But it has a good list of options and seems to run fine. I can wrap my head around most of the items, but the leak has me a bit puzzled.

Thoughts?....especially on the leak?

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Is the battery charging/DvD player hatch fitted to the car in question? That should give you access to the area behind the wet alcantara to investigate.

I’d have thought that a leaking pano roof would show dampness in the immediate roof liner area.

Sources closer to the damp patch could be the rear 3/4 window seal or possibly something around the fuel filler.

But to answer your question, this is the first time I’ve seen this problem documented anywhere.

3. Duff Ace

Duff Ace Karting

Oct 19, 2020
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Adam Taylor
    This is the one on BaT :). It’s stunning

4. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    That was helpful !

5. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Indeed, this is my first time hearing about dampness in that area. IIRC, there was a thread about water near the tool region...or maybe it was about another model.

6. Duff Ace

Duff Ace Karting

Oct 19, 2020
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Adam Taylor
    Op, did you win the auction?

7. Bahb7

Bahb7 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 8, 2011
    Boston, MA area
    Yes, this was the one on BAT. I put a couple bids in, but sadly did not win the auction. I did have a couple concerns about the car too, but relatively minor. I chickened out at the T-minus 30 second mark….not so much at the price, as I think it went for a good deal, but more at what my fiancé would say if I came home with it. We’re looking to buy a new house, start a business and have a daughter who just turned 1.

Being responsible is no fun. ☹️ Ha!

thanks for the response anyway guys! I think it’s likely just a sunroof drain that’s clogged. Simple fix.

congrats to the new owner!