Deciding to move from 458 to 600LT | FerrariChat

Deciding to move from 458 to 600LT

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by chinaleeexports, Jul 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    #1 chinaleeexports, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2022
    aaronrgonz likes this.
  2. Gabe325

Gabe325 Rookie

Dec 3, 2018
    Orlando FL
    Full Name:
    GABRIEL RAMIREZ
    I too just moved to a mclaren. Left behind a very nice 360 Spider and Audi R8. I pick up the car this Wednesday evening and I’m definitely excited. Good luck and good choice

Wheelb and chinaleeexports like this.
  3. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I had a 458 and currently have a 570S. The Mac is so much better in many ways. The 600LT is even better.The downside is dealer support and parts availabilty.
    Drive the Mac and make a decision.

Fireman1291 and openwyder like this.
  4. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    Thanks Doc,
    I drove the LT, loved it although felt the 458 was quicker off the line and sound was better with my Capristo exhaust. I have until two more days to make the deal. We shall see if I can pull the trigger or not. Ive been a Ferrari owner for over 30 years..tough decision for me.

docf likes this.
  5. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I too am looking to jump from Ferrari to Mclaren into a 570s Spider but just researching and haven't decided yet. What were your factors? A 458 is an epic car and sounds great, we all know the 570 doesn't sound as good so what was it? From my research the 570 pulls like a freight train above 60MPH and runs 10.3 1/4 miles times stock which for the $ is pretty damn impressive. Not to mention the handling. I'm eager to hear your ownership experiences if you have time to share!

openwyder likes this.
  6. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I have been a Ferrari owner since 1974 and still have a Challenge Stradale. The 458 never pushed my buttons and suffered from numerous glitches. It was a 2011. The 570S just felt right and I like the feeling of lightness and direct steering. Never felt the sound of the 458 rivaled my prior V 12 cars or the CS except at “full bore.” Sound of Mac is not great either even with the sports exhaust.

7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #7 Ingenere, Aug 2, 2019
    I still have my CS and have Ferraris for 30+ years as well. The 570S is better in every objective and subjective way. After all these years I am putting the CS on the block. The Mac is that good!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I moved from a 360 to a 458 3 years ago and I love it. That having been said I just looked at a 600LT and it makes my 458 look dated. So am also thinking about it.

9. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    #9 chinaleeexports, Aug 7, 2019
    Mighty Joe, Wheelb and aaronrgonz like this.
  10. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    It is beautiful!!

I saw one that color at our local dealership and it is amazing. I did not see it though on the Configurator.

Let us know how you like it

chinaleeexports likes this.
  11. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    If your Macca is anything like mine, you are going to love the car as well as the smile it seems to put on your face as well as everyone that you come across.

I have had Ferraris for 30+ years and they can elicit everything from a thumbs up to a middle finger. The Mac brings universal love and excitement from all ages and sexes. You will also find that Mac owners are just enthusiasts and want to have fun and enjoy their cars...... which is also a pleasant surprise!

Have fun and be safe!

12. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    Thanks, looking forward to beginning my Mac journey. Defiantly more unique in my neighborhood compared to the other sports cars. The positive dealership experience was icing on the cake for me. I too have had Ferrari's for 30+ years, starting with my 308 back in 1984, never regretted any of my F cars (ok maybe the 308GT4...) Now i will have to root for Mclaren F1 more but will always support Ferrari F1.

13. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    #13 chinaleeexports, Aug 9, 2019
    Mighty Joe and openwyder like this.
  14. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #14 Ingenere, Aug 11, 2019
    openwyder and chinaleeexports like this.
  15. BDivine

BDivine Rookie

Aug 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Brian Divine
    I find this thread very intriguing. At the moment the two cars I am considering are in fact a 458 or a 570S...I'm just so torn on the topic. I've always been a huge Ferrari fan...but I just keep coming back to the McLarens for exactly the reasons some have cited above. I'm also glad to see positive comments about Ogara - that is the dealer I am currently talking to. Any other insights or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

BTW- Congrats on your 600LT- The car looks amazing!

16. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL

17. KK2018GTB

KK2018GTB Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Terry Car Guy
    I am new to this forum and wanted to chime in having recently purchased a 600LT. I have owned a Ferrari 488 GTB since early 2017 and truly believed Ferrari was the ultimate performance car. I love my 488 and love the way I feel when I drive it. It’s a beautiful and well built car. But In my opinion the Mclaren is much better in every way. The level of performance is outright amazing! I remember the day I purchased my 488, I had shopped for months and had such a romance with the car. The experience was purely emotional. When I visited the Mclaren dealership on the other hand I was totally skeptical. I had heard the normal stories about Mclaren having maintenance issues ... so I really had no intention of purchasing the car. The salesman confidently asserted that the 600LT was much better than all of my other sports cars, twice as good as my 911 and 488GTB! He insisted that I beat on his demo vehicle and if I didn’t love it , no harm done “ just don’t buy it”!! The test drive was exhilarating, gave me goosebumps and for the entire 45 minute drive I was smiling from ear to ear. I bought the car on the spot.

I will have my Ferrari for many years to come and will always be a fan of the beauty and amazing history of the Ferrari brand. But I am so happy about owning my new 600LT and will forever be grateful to the Mclaren salesman that challenged my preconceived judgments of the Mclaren product. They absolutely have figured out how to extract every ounce of performance from their cars. The 600LT is my new car of choice and I really can’t imagine another car being more balanced and offering a comparable value.

18. BDivine

BDivine Rookie

Aug 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Brian Divine
    First, thanks to everyone for taking the time to provide your insights and opinions. I'm proud to say that I pulled the trigger and will be taking delivery of a 570S Spider in the next few days. The car felt like home almost immediately during the test drive. As has been said earlier in the thread, O'gara Coach in Beverly Hills has been great to work with. Now on to the waiting...

19. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Hi-
    I'm a long time Ferrari guy who is considering a 600 LT.
    How are you guys enjoying your new 600 LT's ?
    Any problems....build quality, cracked windshields, length of time to get parts, service issues, etc ?
    Anyone care to share the discount they were able to get ?
    Any regrets about the purchase ?

Thanks !

20. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    My previous F cars included 308's , 328's , flying mirror Testarossa, F430, 458 Italia...now 600LT with 749 miles all put on my me.
    Things I don't like: Electronic funky stuff: Getting in car, press start button....nothing even with pressing the brake pedal hard...turn it off, open door, push lock button, push unlock button, open and close door, push brake pedal starts right up.....one time car wouldn't read either key for a few minutes....check light that went on includes brake light won't go off, error mode on front axle lift, IRIS screen had to be rebooted once...most of these issues occurred when the car was cold and hadn't been driven for a week. All solved by turning off the car and restarting.....
    Other aspects include the slight turbo lag when not on high rpm's and difficultly getting in and out of the Senna seats.
    Build quality: no issues yet, I was told the windshield situation on a couple cars dealt with a slightly raised rivet just under the windshield under the rail....havent experienced an issue yet.
    Speed wise: faster than my 458 but not as fast as a 720...drove a 720 which really gave me the wow this thing is super fast feeling. 600Lt is fast but not OMG fast...
    Things I like: Handling is crisp, flat and literally feels like a go cart. Haven't been on the track yet but just in the small sample of canyons after break in, the car really is responsive and moves. AC works well and the stereo is ok. I like the car its different than my F cars and I was used to the evolution of the F cars that I owned so different was nice. I like the fact that it is track focused, its light, quick enough for me and I don't see one every block when I'm in the City.
    Discount, I traded in my 458 (which ended up in Florida from Calif and sold quick) so the numbers were adjusted to help with the overall purchase.
    Would I do it again....Yes, besides the funky stuff, I love the car and the niche it fits. As a side note, I had it ceramic coated and clear bra on all lower panels and front end. The sticky trofeo R's combined with the aero angles a lot of road peebles and stuff gets kicked up which means protection is definitely recommended. Good luck let us know what you decide.

21. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback. I too have a 458 and am considering a 600LT or maybe I'd start with a used 720, so I am studying all the info I can

22. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Thank you....appreciate your thoughts.

23. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Congratulations to you on the 600LT. What is the official name of that color? We were quite in love with our Fistral Blue Coupe. After we installed the ANRKY wheels & added Novitec sport springs someone made a cash offer we couldn't refuse and let it go. Will never forget how phenomenal that car was.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    Its Ceramic Grey....Love your guys work! Question...What has been your experience with exhausts on the 600LT? I am looking for sound and performance increases but do not want check engine lights or smog issues. Living in California, smog checks are challenging when you have check engine lights. Let me know what you guys have tried and the results. Thanks

25. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Thank you so much - we appreciate the kind words! We can help set you up with the correct catted downpipes that will check all three boxes for you: sound, performance, & convenience (no check engine light + passing emissions). We have a handful of performance exhaust companies that offer the product. Contact me when you have some free time so that we can discuss [email protected] // 786 249 0127 ext. 2109