Deciding to move from 458 to 600LT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Deciding to move from 458 to 600LT

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by chinaleeexports, Jul 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    F-car guy for 10 years and Mac Newbie here: I need to go drive one of these cars! I love the way they look.... and thats a good start!

2. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    Thanks to David, I just purchased a set of Soul Performance Sport down pipes from him (WheelsBoutique). I'll post an update once I get them and get them installed. Im hoping for more sound out of my 600...more to follow...

Wheelb likes this.
  3. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Don't forget some before and after videos please =) Looking forward to this.

4. stephenshane237

Aug 22, 2013
    Cleveland ohio
    I also have a 458 italics absolutely love the car from the moment I bought her. Just bought a 570S spider getting delivered next week and am excited for delivery day. My 458 will never leave the stable but I hope he 570S is a good addition.

chinaleeexports likes this.
  5. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    Just thought I would update this thread. I still have my 600LT and bought the 2 year extended warranty when the original warranty ended last August. Current miles are roughly 7,600. Issues were a bad hose clamp causing a coolant leak, a bad airbag sensor and a crimped intake gasket causing engine idiot light to activate. Just this weekend I discovered a 4 inch stress crack on the lower driver's side window. I am religious on cleaning and detailing the car when I put it away after a drive and it wasnt there two weeks ago when I put it in the garage. Definately not a result of a stone/rock chip. will contact the dealer tomorrow when they open but reading online I dont think its covered; however, its definitely a stress crack. Love the car still still hopefully I won't have to dip into the kid's college fund to replace the windshield.

sainthoo likes this.
  6. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I had a crack that was replaced by dealer- same spot, definitely a stress crack. McLaren is amazing in many ways, some hassle factor.

chinaleeexports likes this.
  7. ferrefeh

ferrefeh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2020
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Feh H
    I'm a lurker here, but funny to find this thread, since I have a 600LT, and I have been wanting to go 488GTB for some time, but I think I'm going to miss the Mac. Mostly because it's such a raw car and it's an experience to drive every time (with the Senna seats being difficult to get in an out of).

Would you go back to your 458 after having the LT?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

IcedAmericano and Andynyc like this.
  8. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    I like the 488 GTB as well, love the look...However, our Mac's are far more raw and edgy which I really like. Would I go back to a 488....only if it was a Pista....

9. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    Had a 570S and just traded it towards a 600LT. The 570S bored me, it is a great daily driver. The 600LT with top down and exhaust blaring is just heaven.

Andynyc and SoCal to az like this.
  10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Found too much turbo lag in the 570. 600 is much nicer. Congrats and enjoy.