Has anyone actually experienced the brake failure for the recall? | FerrariChat

Has anyone actually experienced the brake failure for the recall?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by BurgerLawJoe, Oct 12, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BurgerLawJoe

BurgerLawJoe Rookie
    Sponsor

Oct 10, 2022
    St Louis, MO
    So, I've been going through this case on the brake failure issue, and I was wondering if any of you have had your brakes go out? If so, what happened? I'm morbidly curious at this point.

2. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    There’s a thread somewhere in the 458,488 and F8 forum with a handful of owners who experienced brake failure. At the moment in a bit I’m tied up to find it but if you haven’t seen or can’t locate it I will link it later.

paulchua and BurgerLawJoe like this.
  3. BurgerLawJoe

BurgerLawJoe Rookie
    Sponsor

Oct 10, 2022
    St Louis, MO
    Thanks! I'm new to this forum, and apparently really out of practice with BB-style forums, because I can't seem to find those. I would appreciate it so much if you would be so kind as to drop those links here when you get a chance!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

020147 likes this.
  4. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I had sudden and total brake failure once at Sebring heading into the hairpin. The reservoir cap had nothing to do with it, though. I overworked them without a cool down lap and boiled the fluid. My fault. The handbrake and a few quick downshifts kept me out of the tires.

(The guys at the turn 7 flag station said it was a great save. I’ll take that.)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

350MH83 likes this.
  5. BurgerLawJoe

BurgerLawJoe Rookie
    Sponsor

Oct 10, 2022
    St Louis, MO
    Jesus! Great save!

6. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    If you track your car, always upgrade your pads to race pads and run Motul RBF 660 or Castrol SRF fluid. If you track often, also change your rotors to steel Giro Disc or AP Racing. And run stainless steel braided lines. Should be good after that and not experience any brake fade or loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    Here’s a few to read. The BB searches can bit a bit frustrating. If you google Ferrari Chat 458 brake failure makes forum searches faster and a bit more accurate. I hope the links help.

My 488 was addressed this spring, but thanks to @SAFE4NOW for the heads up on the forum. My car happened to be in for service when he posted that a fix had been released.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/458-brake-failure.556982/

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/avh-failure-resulting-in-locked-brakes.553009/

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/intermittent-brake-failure-on-458.493926/

BurgerLawJoe and SAFE4NOW like this.
  8. BurgerLawJoe

BurgerLawJoe Rookie
    Sponsor

Oct 10, 2022
    St Louis, MO
    Thanks!