BrazilGP (Interlagos) 2022 Pre-Race Thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

BrazilGP (Interlagos) 2022 Pre-Race Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 1, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    3 day ban, P&R

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The word is "ironic"

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I think that TD on the floors really hurt Ferrari the most, what I wonder is how they don't try to stop this kind of nonsense from going through with the FIA. It is almost like the FIA listens to MB, but Ferrari should have IMHO put up more of a fight to stop these TD's mid season, everyone knows the MBZ got there way on this one, and it is reflected by the improvement of MB after the TD went into effect.

stavura, Bas, jpalmito and 3 others like this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Wait for next year new floor rules!
    Our aero concept is a pure ground effect.
    We will lost more against RB and MB.
    But unfortunately Vigna and Co have big plans for killing the brand ( no more V12, full electric Ferrari (?!))
    To be competitive in F1 is no more a priority.
    They have done the beautiful 499P because they didn’t want to fire people after the Budget cap but that’s all..

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #55 Bas, Nov 5, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    Yup...as predicted sadly.

Merc managed to push it through under the guise of ''safety'' despite not a single porpoising related accident, or even near accident. All fabrication. Ferrari's Veto wouldn't have helped as that's excluded to anything to do with safety.

Senna1994, jpalmito and ingegnere like this.
  6. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    I wonder how Ferrari cannot solve their engine issues and has been forced to run it detuned for most of the year (for reliability), whereas RedBull's PU problems were very quickly solved .
    And that 2022 engine's design is to stay frozen for the next 3 years. :eek:

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Red Bull didn't have engine issues. They had a fuel vapor issue and a fuel leak, nothing to do with the engine.

Ferrari's issues are to do with the valves and turbo, and caused by running the engine too hard.

Senna1994, jpalmito and ingegnere like this.
  8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Does that mean that Ferrari is in trouble for the foreseable future ?

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    For the last time, there was nothing racist about Nelson's comments, if you don't know the language please refrain to make such baseless acusations.

Bas and absostone like this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Sorry, but that's a bit excessive, jgonzalez didn't make any remarks about politics, what he posted was related to the g.p, you could just warn him, no need to ban him as clearly it was not his intention to comment on the brazilian political situation.

11. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    I agree and anyway we need his pre-race photos and comments! Free jgonzales!

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I am wondering if we are allowed to make any comment about Neldon Piquet now: my post has disapeared.

13. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Yeah, that seems a bit over the top. Sharing the news that the GP might not go as planned for whatever reason is definitely highly relevant F1 content and very much appreciated.

stavura, jgonzalesm6, 375+ and 8 others like this.
  14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Absolutely, the comment was totally about the GP because an external factor could have caused it's cancellation.

Moderate, don't suppress freedom of information like in Iran or North Korea.

15. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    +1
    Respectfully mods, I know you job is not easy but Joe was not weighing into Brazilian politics.
    He was merely providing information on the fact that Brazilian politics could affect whether the Grand Prix is going ahead it not.

It is a slippery slope, for example one could say “unseasonal rain may affect this years Brazilian GP”.
    The overly censorious could interpret that as a comment on climate change and therefore political.

To say something exists, politics, rain, traffic jams whatever, that may affect the running of a race is not a comment on the rights and wrongs of those things. Rather, it is useful information for fans of the sport.

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    100%

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  17. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Well, there are the past 15 yrs of mediocrity & snatching defeat from the jaws of victory to help with your predictions. Also the never ending stream of "wait until next year".
    Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

william, johnireland and Bas like this.
  18. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Although I’m a rb and max fan I would love to see Ferrari on top. That’s still my favorite brand. But to be honest, they simply do not belong on the top for several reasons

Although I rate leclerc clearly above sainz who I never had as a tier1 driver, both drivers are still not up to the task. Simply too many mistakes

the track team as whole is clearly not tier1 either. Wether it’s strategy, common sense or the performance pitting the cars. They are simply missing consistency.

As for technology. They simply cannot get it right the fully required 100%. It is almost like the quality of their road cars paintjob or interior flaws like sticky controls.
    It seems to be a mix of arrogance and incompetence.
    It not nessecarily an Italian thing. I worked a lot with Italian companies and in general there not really different from others

But Ferrari is. They simply seems to miss the drive to improve like rb did in the MB era. RB recognized that if they wanted to beat MB they simply had to be on top of EVERY SINGLE aspect of their performance on a consistent bases. At Ferrari they rely to much on the situations we’re the stars align. On those days they are the best. At RB they MAKE the stars align, every race over and over again.

Ferrari sticks more to relying on faith and hope, And hope is not a strategy

Binotto is the one in charge. He is clearly not up to this task. It s not about axing the next chief, it is all about getting the right one in place. Failing to acknowledge this seems to be part of the arrogance. “ wait for next year, we’ll show you!”

We do, now since 2008, and counting

william and Bas like this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Who decided that picture was the right one for Charles...looks like he just did a season with Ferrari...oh wait.

21. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Fify

Bas likes this.
  22. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed