Max Verstappen | Page 122 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Can we blame him though ?

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He has a nice number of wins and was in the right team winning titles. More than most drivers ever experience. He has earned the right to a nice pay check and assist a smaller team. Im thinking life is good for Bottas. Many would trade for such a life currently.

Jakuzzi, fatbillybob and william like this.
  3. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    @Bas @ktu

I respectfully ask that you guys tone it down. There's nothing positive that can come from this. Thank you very much.

Jakuzzi, Temerian and NeuroBeaker like this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Sauber is ideal for these drivers in pre-retirement. Kimi loved it there too.

They take some pleasure driving with no pressure, because of no expectation, at the end of their career.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've put him back on mute, you won't hear **** from me.

Jakuzzi, 375+, ktu and 1 other person like this.
  6. masguy40

masguy40 Karting

Oct 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kerry Lemos
    The one thing that we all have to face is that Max is significantly LESS likable than Nicki Lauda was and that is a very low bar!!!!

What he did to Perez Sunday is a great example.

surfwolf and Temerian like this.
  7. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris

I also wonder if it won't hurt him in the long run. A demoralized Perez will be a poorer teammate. And with his / the team's treatment of RB's #2 not exactly being a secret, I can't but think it will hurt their recruitment when (and that when may be soon) they elect to move on from Perez.

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I am not so sure about that ! Seats are in great demand, and many would accept anything to get a foothold in F1.

375+ and zygomatic like this.
  9. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's fair, but I also imagine that the best talent will actively seek to be elsewhere. I know Horner et al would like to have the best number 2 possible, and you'd think Max would want that, too.

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I still think #2 in a top team is better than Number One in a midfield team.

Maybe we should ask Ricciardo, Gasly and Albon if they are happy where they are, or would prefer to return to Red Bull.

375+, ktu and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  11. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Love Max crying about what is written about him, what a complete fool and petulant child! Being a spoiled brat who cannot follow team orders, makes Max look very bad. And no amount of B.S. released by Red Bull will change what happened. Hopefully karma pays back Max tenfold........

ktu likes this.
  12. DF1

Perez: Monaco Q3 crash was “not done on purpose”
    Red Bull Formula 1 driver Sergio Perez has denied suggestions that he crashed deliberately during Q3 at this year’s Monaco Grand Prix, following fresh scrutiny on the incident this week.

13. DF1

Tough life for Max. When you act as a defiant 5 year old, people tend to notice lol. Grow up. What next ban all media!???????????? Your 'narrative' has left the building.........

Verstappen slams media reports, "disgusting" abuse in Red Bull team orders row
    Max Verstappen has slammed "b*******" media reports, as well as "sickening" and "unacceptable" social media abuse, regarding Red Bull’s Formula 1 team orders controversy at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

surfwolf and ktu like this.
  14. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    DR will be the RB reserve driver. The car will somehow favor SP more than MV. SP is WDC seriously challenges MV dominance. MV gets mad and quits F1. DR earns back 2025 RB seat and takes WDC. I have to stop drunk posting...

NeuroBeaker and GordonC like this.
  15. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    You left out the part about Vettel coming out of retirement and replacing Checo...

16. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Even David Coulthard might return.....

17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The full radio was very clear, Perez was told by his engineer to let Max through and if Max coudln't overtake, he'd let Perez back in front. Max wasn't told any of this. Only on the very last lap did his engineer ask him to pull over.

Max made an emphasis that he found it sickening and unacceptable that people on social media went after his family, including his sister. All of them where send death threats.

Perhaps next time read more than just the headline?

werewolf likes this.
  18. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Great to have drinking buddies!!!!!

19. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #3044 Mark(study), Nov 17, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    Reading more then the headline is one thing, but understanding the underlying issues should be the real take a way.

It takes years of coddling to create a spoiled brat on the scale we saw last week with Max. Saying he'd hit Lewis again for no reason just doesn't care, and not helping his teammate or team in front of a world wide audience. Too many people making excuses for all his bad behavior time-and-time again. Finally Max goes too far, the bubble burst and Max is left shocked that his years of acting like a tool have real world consequences (when you're on the world stage you have to think about how you act).

mrfunstuff, DF1, william and 3 others like this.
  20. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I think Max's personality and behavior are the result of his domineering father, who is looking for the fame and success that he didn't have the talent to achieve.

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    And that has been amplified by the management at Red Bull that put in on a pedestal and gave him impunity.

We are having a second Senna here, full of entitlement and arrogance, and in the end impossible to control.

Having said that, he is damned fast.

Terra likes this.
  22. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Regarding the underlying issues, not sure Karen Horner or Max are capable of telling the truth ever, they assume everyone else is ‘stupid’, including the media…. They are two of the most nasty, horrible and selfish individuals that are constantly on the attack, driven by the need to convince themselves that they are not “Cheats”, and this is utterly blinding both of them. 99% of the real world has a different view based on what we see what we hear, what we know and of course facts. Formulating these gives us the right to an opinion and view on a situation.

Unfortunately together they make a very toxic partnership; the backlash and the opinions they receive, mostly from avid loyal F1 fans would be expected by anyone with a working compass and morales. Both Karen and Max constantly find themselves in a minority, and spit at those that don’t agree with them. Genuine disgusting behaviour. Long hard look in the mirror badly needed, but I suspect they like what they see (still in that minority then).

They will continue to just say what they want based on their assumption that all others are stupid. We won’t ever get the truth out of Karen or Max….every time they open their mouths we know it will be both insincere and self guided. Perhaps the realisation that we know, is causing them both to backlash out at the ‘stupid’ people.

It will be an extra pleasure to watch the fall of these overgrown infants, it comes to all petulant tyrants eventually, their time will come, I am amazed Red Bull PR continue to support and have their brand associated with this obvious deceit and skull duggery.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

surfwolf, william and Phil~ like this.
  23. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Most of us are watching races behind our tv sets. We don't know what happens behind closed doors in teams, we don't hear all radio messages between team and driver, we don't know what strategy has been decided on before the race started. We only see a very limited selection of all events, and that not from the middle of the action but from the sideline. We simply do not know all the facts, so the opinion we get from the facts we do know, might be totally wrong.

If you only watched the race and hear the repeated request to Max to let Checo pass, then the behavior of Max seems to be unacceptable.

After the race Max and later RB offered explanations with details unknow before, which give a new perspective on what happened. Are these explanations the truth or just an attempt to damage control? I am afraid we will never know for sure.... As a total outsider I had no clue that something might have happened in Monaco and it is impossible to find out if Max really had told RB beforehand that he was unwilling to swap places in order to help Checo in Brazil.

We only see the tip of the iceberg and form an opinion based on that tip.

gh0st0 and william like this.
  24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    All that is very true, but at the same time, Red Bull and Max are head and shoulders above the rest at the moment.
    I am not a fan, but I think that Horner is the best team principal today, the car is near flawless and Max drives it as he had stolen it.
    So, maybe it's better to concentrate on what happens on track, rather than media soundbites, IMO.
    Let's see if Ferrari and Mercedes can catch up next year; neither of them are immune to adverse PR or internal problems either.

mthompson2376 likes this.
  25. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-open-to-investigating-perezs-monaco-crash-if-complaint-is-made/10401761/

There have even been suggestions that the fresh suspicions around the lap – and especially questions over telemetry throttle traces that look very different on the lap compared to earlier runs – could trigger the FIA to take a look at the matter to ensure that nothing untoward happened.

However, FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem said that, without any formal complaint about the matter, then there was no need for the governing body to intervene.

"I didn't have anyone who said we want to investigate it from our side," he explained, speaking to selected media including Motorsport.com at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
    "But if there is something to be investigated, we are more than happy. One thing truly I would say, I'm not shy or afraid of conducting or going into it if there is an issue. I will not hide.

Will anyone bite???