Now I want a McLaren | FerrariChat

Now I want a McLaren

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Dolcevita, May 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    A couple of weeks ago, a fellow Ferrari owner swung by with his new 570s. This was my first real up close experience with a McLaren. I have to admit I was really impressed. The fit and finish was great and the interior design was wonderful. Obviously, the exterior is fantastic and screams super car. We went out for a ride and I was blown away. So now I have to figure out how I can get one past my wife. Last time I did it while she was on vacation in Italy. Now she never seems to never leave me on my own. :D

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm with you, I will always be a Ferrari enthusiast, but I drove a 12C and to me it was what an exotic should feel like. Not just getting into a sporty car, but getting into a fighter plane. What really impressed was it performed so sporty, but in soft mode it was easy to drive around the pot hole Dallas streets.

Dolcevita likes this.
  3. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Fighter plane...that's the right expression.

Rob Lay likes this.
  4. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I have(do) own ferraris, lamborghinis, american muscle……..nothing feels like climbing over the door sills, buckling into the carbon buckets, and pressing on the right pedal. The mclaren gives me an experience the other do not. Once you drive one, you then understand the “over” engineering behind the car.

Rob Lay likes this.
  5. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    What are your thoughts on the 720? To me the 720 was a big leap over anything Mclaren have done before.

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It is an incredible car, does everything well. Looks, performance and usability. I had 2, 1 coupe and and a spider. Cant go wrong.

7. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I had a 12C Spider and now have a 720S Spider. I was sold on the 12C by a afternoon at Monticello and had to have the 720 after a test drive.
    Nothing like them!

Joe

Gh21631 likes this.
  8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Its the GOAT of supercars.

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    SoCal to az likes this.
  10. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    McLaren have a good vibe. They’re good cars but with their own strengths and weaknesses. Had a 12C Spider which we sold about 7 years ago after 11k miles. Speciale arrival was the thing that made me sell and I do prefer the feel of the Ferraris in general. Just bought another McLaren and it’s nice to be able to have a garage that includes both brands.