Official Countach Value Thread | Page 229 | FerrariChat

Official Countach Value Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Peter K., Feb 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Interesting video:

33guana, Spyder-Man and joe sackey like this.
  2. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Generally, it's a positive video. But as a buyers guide? I'm not sure so. Just personal opinion.
    R

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Agreed.

Again I am reminded we need a good Countach book similar to the Miura book we did, which covers all the nuances of the Countach from LP500 Prototype to the final 25th.

mrp_e, footsoldier, ClaxNZ and 2 others like this.
  4. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014

Dear Mr. Sackey,

are you working on one ?

Me and certainly many others would be very happy :)

Kindly

Zdenek

joe sackey likes this.
  5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    LOL I have been working on one for 20 plus years! Somewhere after family and business I managed to get the Miura and 288 GTO books published, but I may have to go and live on the mountain for a year (with the Countach of course) to get that one done.

Spyder-Man and Ciro Izzo like this.
  6. jaisharma

jaisharma Karting

Aug 4, 2011
    South east, UK
    Full Name:
    Jai Sharma
    Hi I am sorry to bring the subject of values up so early in my posting history. I am a long time enthusiast based in the UK. I had an Espada and then a green Jarama S “Kermit” many years ago and then deviated on the path to Maranello.

I am interested in a carb Countach RHD or LHD but after looking into it quite a lot online I am finding it hard to figure out where the prices are at present. I have observed number of cars not selling at auction, the odd one failing more than once, or being for sale for a year or more, and subjectively I think prices have softened a bit, though that might be wishful thinking in terms of then fitting my budget...... Does anyone have any new views?

Also, I am looking at the UK sites, BaT, mobile de, subito and Leboncoin, as well as auctions, are there any other places you would suggest?

Many thanks.

Azar likes this.
  7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I suggest you also contact some of the people who specialize in Countachs from a maintenance and restoration standpoint, that's often a good source for cars not yet on the advertised market.

Carbureted Countachs are strong in value as reflected in our trades for them at present, but as this pandemic (hopefully recedes) these values will only strengthen, so make haste!

8. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So, you're coming back to the dark side huh (Lambo) OK, this is a good choice and your model of choice is sound! Have you decided upon which variant you would like, early lowbody, 5000s, QV, Anni etc?

Suggest you have a conversation with:

Mike Pullen
    Iain Tyrrell
    Not dealers but may know of cars available as they service many examples.

Furlongers
    Amari
    Top Gears Car (Scotland)
    Dealers

Then there is the UK Lambo club as well. Worth an ask to see if anyone knows of a car.

Good, no horror story cars will always command good money. Furlongers had a white 5000s listed at £320K GBP, but that seems under offer now. They also had a nice restored Anni (sold) and now seem to have a concours anni available as well (POA)

I see more Anni for sale than anything else at this time in the UK

I'm also based South East UK, so reach out via DM if you'd like to chat.

Cheers
    Rob

9. jaisharma

jaisharma Karting

Aug 4, 2011
    South east, UK
    Full Name:
    Jai Sharma
    Thanks Joe and Rob for taking the time to respond.

If I can manage to transfer to the dark side, I'm flexible about which model save that I'd prefer to avoid the injected cars and I don't want an Anniversary. Beyond those two points, I'm flexible.

The early models would be good but probably not feasible for me if they continue to cost more than the later ones. I suspect the 5000S is the sweet spot for me but a QV would be good. I'd prefer to avoid skirts but I might have to be flexible about that too. RHD/LHD is no issue and I am also flexible about the colour (within reason) particularly as I appreciate there are few cars.

If we're going down the wish list I'd like to avoid the large US side markers but realistically it would mean bodywork and paint to rectify and so long as that was taken into account it wouldn't stop me.

I enquired about the Furlonger car, interesting that it is under offer now. I think it was on sale for over a year. The one at Lux Classics was also on sale for a long time but seems to have sold or been withdrawn. I'll put the feelers out to some of the people you have listed. I was wondering about whether anyone had a feel on the direction of travel on prices. I know that they will never be "cheap", but I'm finding it hard to pin down even within a margin. But then again, I've just started to look in earnest.

joe sackey likes this.
  10. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    The white car I believe was at GVE then Furlonger and it has some strange stuff going on with the front bumper.

11. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi Jai,

I see that HR Owen London have a 88½ QV. Same owner since 1989 I believe. Just under 300K GBP. No afilliation But Side skirted so maybe not to your liking.

https://www.hrowen.co.uk/used-car-details/used-lamborghini-countach-4v-coupe-red-manual-petrol/id-500474123/

I think price wise (GBP) you could get into an Anni beginning with a 2. But most Anni' even pushing the 3's. I'm not a huge fan of the Anni, but I do like the white one that Amari has. Red interior. Very nice. Maybe an auction car could be on the cards? Not many come up and you may need to look further afield. But if you are prepared to do some work, you may get a cheaper car. You'll have to weigh up the costs v work required.

Have a word with Iain and Mike, they may know of some off market examples. Also worth chatting to the dealers to see what they think in terms of pricing.

Personally, I think prices are stable at the moment and good cars still command good money. Long term trend, I think slow growth upwards. I would advise LHD if you can. Reason, much bigger market place globally should you need to sell.

Cheers
    Rob

12. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    how is the current classic car market,in general,doing in the UK,? thanks

13. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It's OK, holding up well. Not the highs of the 2015 era. Also with Covid lockdown and the fact that life is too short, a lot of pent up frustration will be released and people will live more for the moment. My usual saying, good cars command good money.

Ellagirl likes this.
  14. jaisharma

jaisharma Karting

Aug 4, 2011
    South east, UK
    Full Name:
    Jai Sharma
    I didn't realise it was the same car but you're right. It lost the side marker lights along the way. I'm not sure what is going on with the bumper alignment, I agree it isn't what one might expect.

15. jaisharma

jaisharma Karting

Aug 4, 2011
    South east, UK
    Full Name:
    Jai Sharma
    Hi Rob,

Thanks.I think you're right about the price bracket more or less. I definitely don't want the Anniversary, I just think the shape wasn't improved in any way. I saw the HR Owen car online. Appealing apart from the side skirts, and the MOT history shows zero use for the last few years and negligible use for almost ten. So I suspect bugs when you start to use it. That in itself isn't a killer so long as one anticipates it. I'm very happy with LHD, three of our cars are already LHD and as you say wider market both for supply and if one ever needs to sell. A bit more tricky right now because of travel restrictions but I guess that can be overcome.

I'll dig around and make some calls. Also re-joined the LCUK today.

16. #5716 EarlyCat, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2022
    John Petrovic, Peter K. and Ellagirl like this.
  17. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
  18. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    the alternative to a $2.6m new Countach is a well sorted original at a bargain price of $720k.
    I am beginning to like this new countach as the hype and publicity are pushing values up.

EarlyCat likes this.
  19. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    why 720k? WTF happened?

20. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    carbed countach are on the rise
    white-red is a nice color combo
    this car had super low miles
    peculiar rear reflector
    some hipe for these auctions
    new countach at 2 millions euro plus

be prepared: 500k euro will be the market value for goood 5000s carbed cars soon

John Petrovic likes this.
  21. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Looking at the enthusiasm at the Countach Rally you ( all variants. Mostly fi cars for geografical reasons) i think its safe to say ,All Countaches are on the rise. I noticed a black fi car on auto scout Euro (italian listing) only car on the site listed as Sold. Mid 400$k US.

EMILIO likes this.
  22. Price stalled out on the way to 1 million. :)

ElvisNasty, Spyder-Man and EMILIO like this.
  23. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The Nastasi car is a great car with great provenance. The pearl white paint and original red interior is pretty special and definitely looks the miles. I really like this car - someone got a really great Countach.

Spyder-Man likes this.
  24. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    The white on red auction car needs a full engine out i would guess since it eeds to be resealed. I was under it. Cracked/dried out bushings and motor mounts.. the brake fluid looked to be original- it was in bad shape. Which means your calipers also need a rebuild. Some many other small things but at the same time, cosmetically very pretty, low miles and all that work would only be about 25 grand.

25. silverlambo

silverlambo Karting

Oct 16, 2012
    Rancho Santa Margari
    Full Name:
    Dan Ellis
    I have an 84 5000S which I have owned for the past 31 years and I don't believe i have never know the real value of the car.