Islero thread | Page 63 | FerrariChat

Islero thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Marcello, Feb 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier

What can you share about its life in Switzerland ?

I know already about it while in USA... and I would love to hear about 1st life in Italy....

2. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Dark Bronze with mustard Interior and Air Condition. Body was delivered 7th August 1968 from Marazzi to Lamborghini and completed 3rd September.
    2nd October it was delivered to Lambo Dealer Foitek and sold to Bader.
    Later the car was owned by G.Kraxner with registration plates BE-261094. Mr. Kraxner died 1991 since then the car was unregistred and sold in 2000 to US.
    I can share some pictures privately

3. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier

Thank you Raymond, as you know I have the factory records + Lou + Joe's pics of restoration, all this is known for years to me, I'm speaking about its early early life in Italy before going to Switzerland....

You mentionned "Pina's collection" what's that ?

4. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #1554 Olivier NAMECHE, Jan 25, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2022
    What a better way to start my hunting black board 2022 than with one of the car used by Ferruccio Lamborghini ?

About 8 to 10 years ago, with the little documentation in my hands I was doubtful about Islero GT #6201 linked to Ferruccio.

Since, I had the chance to interview many people, including Claudio Zampolli, but also to cross factory original builtsheet with other period documents.

Yes, #6201 has been driven by Cavaliere, it was a factory car - not belonging personnaly to him -.

He used it for 20 months and about 4.000 km before the factory sold #6201 to a US client, Mr Scott.

My interviews leaded me to discover it was his 1968 summer personal gift/toy in addition to his brand new Riva Aquarama... what a summer it has been...

Very proud and glad to have find its new home... La Forza del Toro...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. naparsei

naparsei Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2005
    Land of Enchantment
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Stunning color, Olivier.

Is it possible to get build information on a car? We continue to work on 6477 and hope to have it road-worthy by the summer.

Thanks,
    Alex

6. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier

Send me some pics including VIN via PM to [email protected] and I will send you what I have...

7. naparsei

naparsei Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2005
    Land of Enchantment
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Curious about undercoating - is it preferable to apply it prior to installing suspension, etc. or after? What is the preferred product in today's world?

8. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier

prior to install suspension

9. naparsei

naparsei Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2005
    Land of Enchantment
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Olivier, I had hoped you would reply. That's what we figured. Is there a product you'd recommend for undercoating? Thanks!

10. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    epoxy paint

11. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    At last - a 1:18 scale Islero model ! Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere (couldn't see it in the collectibles section), but Cult has just released Metallic Brown and Silver Islero S replicas. They're resin-bodied, sealed, and very good indeed. I got one of each from Ebay. The Silver one is plentiful - but the Brown one is almost gone - so be quick..! See link for full details.

http://www.cultmodels.com/products.aspx?Car+brand=Lamborghini

islerodreaming likes this.
  12. Lobo7

Lobo7 Karting

Olivier NAMECHE, alexpada and em42 like this.
  13. ChrisKing

ChrisKing Karting

Dec 29, 2016
    UK
    Hi, we're currently restoring Islero #6177 - is there any owners in the UK or further afield who can help us out with up-close and detailed images of certain areas? The car we are doing has had some changes in areas over the years, and I'd like to get it back to where it should be. Please feel free to message me.

14. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier

You should contact my partner Iain Tyrrell as I have sent him 2x Islero to restore... pay him a visit...

15. ChrisKing

ChrisKing Karting

Dec 29, 2016
    UK
    is there any UK owners on here currently?

16. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Did you contact Roger Wood ?

what about Iain Tyrrell ? I sent him one of my clients Islero for restoration, car is at the workshop in Chester...