Upgrading the standard 360 sound system | FerrariChat

Upgrading the standard 360 sound system

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kev636, Nov 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kev636

Kev636 Karting

Nov 8, 2022
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Kev
    Hey guys,

I would like to upgrade the standard sound system in my Ferrari 360. Mine doesn’t have the woofer box in the middle of the seats, so I would be keen to fit one of these as well as upgrading the door speakers.

have any of you guys done this and if so, what did you fit, how hard was it and what parts are required to install a woofer box?

I guess I will need some form of amp, remotely located in the ‘frunk’ and other items but I don’t know much about car audio, so would appreciate some help.

thanks in advance

2. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    I would locate a high end stereo shop in your area and get there professional system.

Kev636 likes this.
  3. toussi1

toussi1 Karting

Jun 10, 2007
    USA
    I took mine out, now sitting in a box, but what worked to sound good enough was replace both bottom speakers, disconnect the top tweeter, and use a pioneer pop up LCD. Honestly sounded pretty good, didn't need a subwoofer. The speakers create good bass because of the cavity design.

Kev636 likes this.
  4. Kev636

Kev636 Karting

Nov 8, 2022
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Kev
    you removed your woofer box? Can I see some pics of your setup?

5. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    67bmer likes this.
  6. toussi1

toussi1 Karting

Jun 10, 2007
    USA
  7. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I worked on a 360 that had a custom made double bass driver that weighed 60 lbs. That was the first thing I suggested to throw out to ... save weight.

8. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Really didn't see any comments in the OP regarding the desire to save weight in the car.
    OP: Do a search for car audio in this forum, you'll get lots of good ideas.

9. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    It depends what you really want to do here, as you know upgrading audio can be an endless mission and not to mention adding weight. I swapped out the speakers for some high end ones that Mike sells and then added a small amp that lives under the stereo and is completely concealed. Looks completely factory and retained the stock stereo which to me looks so cool. No amp in frunk. Sounds great. Think all in was about $5k.

SoftwareDrone and colorfull like this.