Alfa Romeo 8C Spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 8C Spider

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Davpuxitri, Feb 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    If i had a lot of $$, id get one and have a manual box retrofit.

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    ok......and you are drawing a connection between the 8c and the 250gto?

stretch much? :)

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Did the paint on that car fade or something over the years? Looks like a pale green with a red top! Certainly a long ways from the blues family.

Maybe the original owner was color blind?:eek:

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  5. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Ross; I own an 8C coupe (used to have two of them). I love them and both were and still are bulletproof as far as reliability is concerned. I am sorry your friend has had a different experience. My point is "parts bin " specials have always been part of the automotive industry. They usually are successful when the basic pieces are good and the designers who are using the available parts are competent and innovative. I also am lucky enough to have thousands of miles behind the wheel of a number of 250 GTO's. They are one of the very few cars that totally live up to their reputation. They are amazing, and make any driver look good and good drivers look great. I have restored two GTO's, so I know them well. As for the 8C Competizione. In my opinion, I find it to be the modern equivalent of the 250GT SWB Berlinetta. It has all the same qualities; short wheelbase, front engined, very sporting suspension, no extra frills, powerful responsive drivetrain and a blast to drive. When you have an opportunity, I would recommend you drive an 8C and you may rethink your opinions.

6. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    fair enough.
    i defer to your superior knowledge of both cars. :)

my own experience with the personnel of Alfa was less than satisfactory, but i hope to drive an 8c again sometime soon.

7. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    It's hard to describe a bespoke carbon bodied car as a parts bin special, but yes some of the parts are 'imported'
    Very happy that the engine was, and it's got a good claim on being the best sounding V8 in a modern road car. Worth keeping for that alone.
    I'm second owner of one, and have it serviced at Maserati dealer each year, have never had any issues.

Also not a fan of covertibles, this is the only one I've owned, but the color sold it to me. (Aston Martin Glacial Blue)
    100% one to keep, such a cool little thing with wheels at each corner and incredible soundtrack. Gearbox is fine if you treat it as a manual, auto is hopeless. Might get round to sorting out the suspension at some point, which is a bit crashy. Needs a bumpy road mode!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer, DWR46 and BJK like this.
  8. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Incredible color!
    Now, if it only had a red interior...

9. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    one just was offered on BaT didn't sell. High bid $263k
    beautiful design; still a very relevant sports gt

10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    audi_328 and 456-boy like this.
  11. defiant

defiant Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    The red spider no-sale is nearby me in Sarasota. I've seen in-person and is beautiful! Still available if someone wants me to get you in touch with the owner.

12. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    What color is it? Rossa Alfa or Rossa Competizione?
    I might be interested pending the spec... DM me

13. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Send me a PM. Maybe of some help to you.

14. defiant

defiant Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S

Attached Files:

15. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Thank you everyone for posting the pictures... such a beautiful car and it is great seeing examples.

I am holding out for a 8C Spider, Rosso Competizione over tan with hopefully the lighter colored wheels. Other options much less important to me... U.S. car. Keep an eye out for me :)

defiant likes this.
  16. defiant

defiant Karting

Sep 16, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    S
    Is the one at Miller not comp red? (there's a set of the silver wheels for sale elsewhere on the site, with new tires too! NVM - those are the same as mine!)
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/68c1d6a1-7748-4d0a-996c-45c621aea178/
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/alfa-8c-phone-dial-wheels-tires-new-mounted-balanced.671961/

and another not exactly what you're seeking, but nice combo of options! (And allowed for DOT import)... https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2010/alfa--romeo/8c--competizione/157144

You can see the "dark" (left) vs "light" on the right in the side by side and in the other photo, both are in the sun. There is a difference, albeit not a big one:

Attached Files:

17. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Miller car is sold ...

defiant likes this.
  18. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Rosso Competitzione is just a special color; it changes as the light hits it; I don't have an 8C but I do have an Giulia Quadrifoglio in RC, I had a choice between Alfa Rosso & RC, and the choice was really very clear for the RC. I've heard its also the faster color;);)

19. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C

Who loves ya?

I think the price has dropped + website not reflecting that.
    Its listed on Dupont. May wanna look there first...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004

That car is sold and for some reason they are not updating the website.