Need a spare key? Just send me a photo and I'll ship you a cut key. | FerrariChat

Need a spare key? Just send me a photo and I'll ship you a cut key.

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by gobble, Dec 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I can now originate new keys to original Ferrari spec by just measuring a photo!

Send me a picture of your key blade and I'll ship you a cut spare key, with a 100% guarantee that it will work. You no longer need to screw around with finding a locksmith, hardware store or sending off a key to be cut after purchasing a spare key!

I measure, calculate the original key code, and cut the key on an expensive code cutting machine. I also plan to manufacture the little key tags (that most cars are missing) to give you that original documentation to keep with the car.

Right now, I have a couple options available:

$30 - JMA plastic headed blank
    [​IMG]

$195 - Reprokey (perfect for a valuable TR!)
    [​IMG]

I'll ship any key purchase out same or next day. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

asgor and 71veedub like this.
  2. 71veedub

71veedub Formula Junior

May 31, 2006
    Boston/North Shore
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hi Mark, when I get around to sending you my 993tt fob, I'll probably have you cut a key for my new to me 512TR as well.. I much prefer the 550 style Reprokey to the foldy 512TR key which bends over when you try to insert it. I presume if I have the key code I can just send you that?

3. 71veedub

71veedub Formula Junior

May 31, 2006
    Boston/North Shore
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Note I recently changed my username; we had a conversation in late Sept about 993 fobs.. thanks!

4. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Sure, sounds good. Congrats on the car! I was at a shop over the weekend testing some keys that had two red ones up on the lifts. I want one!

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    expensive - here in germany you pay only for the blank with plastic not even 1,50 €

6. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    You obviously didn't read my entire post:

1. The JMA key is more than $2, if you can find them. Even the manufacturer here is out of stock.
    2. I'm paying the $4 for shipping
    3. I don't just send a blank. I take the time to correspond and review photos, then cut the key to original spec with a precision code cutting machine. No need to spend time and gas money to run to a locksmith once you receive it.
    4. This will not be a traced duplicate. It will be an originated key. I can even start from a second, third, etc. generation worn out duplicate and cut back to factory spec.
    5. I will also calculate and send your original key code to keep with your records. Most people don't know that code which is valuable to have with the car.
    6. I just invested several thousand dollars into an expensive code cutting machine and other special tools to be able to do this, plus many hours of my time to gain the knowledge. It will take a lot of time selling $30 keys to recover that investment. You think I should do this for charity?
    7. I should really be charging more than $30 for these. My time and the investment needed to do this is worth more than that.
    8. I pay a good amount to be a Ferrarichat sponsor. I need to recover that investment somehow.
    9. Besides being an outright rude comment, you shouldn't harass the sponsors. We pay to support this forum so all can enjoy. You don't even pay the $15/year to be the lowest level of subscribed member.

[​IMG]

7. Supernaut

Supernaut Karting

Dec 3, 2019
    Annapolis MD
    Full Name:
    John Panek
    Romero probably thought you were selling an uncut blank for $30, which would be quite a markup, but is very reasonable for a cut key. I'll be ordering one of the nicer ones when appropriate for my build - thanks for offering the service!

8. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    john, my name is romano, not romero, but thx for giving me a new name ;)
    I understand that he sells noit only the blank key für this money. when I did keys ( about 1 year ago the last one, now retired ) I never charged more than 15,- €
    but I understand him: the money he paye3d for all the equipment has to come back. but a very good mechanic can make such a key without all this technical stuff. but may be he will need up to 3 blanks

Supernaut likes this.
  9. Basal Skull

Basal Skull Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    I make my own too with a piece of tape and pen to trace out, apply to blank and small file. Fun for me to do. But yes I usually end up, messing up one or two.

I appreciate vendors offering services for our cars though.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

turbo-joe likes this.