For Sale - F430 F1 - Argento Nurburgring/Bordeaux - 28k Miles | FerrariChat

For Sale F430 F1 - Argento Nurburgring/Bordeaux - 28k Miles

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by VAF84, Dec 4, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

#1 VAF84, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    Hello FChatters, the day has finally come, it's time to list the F430. I have a third kiddo on the way, and if I barely get to drive it now, so whatever time I have now will be gone when she arrives in the spring. Please note, that while I may be open to offers, I'm not in a rush to sell; so please keep that in mind before low balling. I already have an idea of wholesale based on two dealers I've shown the car to. I'd just hate to have a car lose its background info when passing it on to a dealer.

Description: In addition to the beautiful classic Ferrari color combo, this car is an absolute blast to drive; bridging the transition from analog to modern sports car. Even more so after doing Trev's ECU flash which increased power (without sacrificing reliability) and improved shifting (both for daily driving and aggressive driving). The sound is intoxicating with the Fabspeed headers. This is a car that makes you take the long way home. I can't tell you how many times I drove out expecting to do a short drive just to keep the car lubed, and it turns into trying to take the long way home, which then turns into an hour long drive. I told myself I was going to sell it a thousand times because I don't get to drive it much, and every time I get in it for a drive, I say "no way I'm letting it go". I can't emphasize how much the next owner will enjoy the driving experience.

Note: Please do your due diligence. I've done my best to address all known issues as they've appeared during my ownership, but as with anything I strongly encourage you perform a PPI on an 18 year old car prior to purchase; the car is sold As-is. I'm located in Austin, TX.

Basics:
    • Price: $113,999
    • VIN: ZFFEW58A850141776
    • Year: 2005
    • Color - Exterior: Argento Nurburgring, Interior: Bordeaux, Black stripe installed prior to my purchase
    • Miles - 28k and will continue to add a few each weekend since I drive it weekly to keep things lubricated.
    • Transmission/clutch - F1, clutch was somewhere between 50-60% remaining about two months ago
    • State Inspection - Passed in Texas last week, it included emissions testing.
    • Aftermarket Parts - Fabspeed headers with blankets, Trev's software flash (stage 2), Pioneer head unit (original included).
    • Tracked? - Yes, once during my tenure at an FCA event at COTA. No other times that I know of.
    • Car is on a battery tender when parked.
    I've documented the history since 2019 when I purchased it located here:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/2005-f430-zffew58a850141776-diary-log.608387/

Items replaced/Addressed (please see link above for comprehensive list)
    • Headers replaced with Fabspeed and blankets in 2019
    • F1 Pump replaced with second gen F430 pump by Josh Hill in Spicewood
    • Accumulator replaced this year.
    • Battery Replaced
    • Tires about two years old, Michelin's.
    • All O2 sensors replaced this year
    • Intake gaskets replaced this year.
    • Two taillights with broken tabs replaced with Scud ING Swiss version
    • Headlight bulb replaced, comes with extra bulb
    • Replaced radiator cap
    • CV Joints
    • Fuses PDF4 & PDF24
    • Spark Plugs
    • Last oil change was April 2022
    Known Defects
    • Windows sightly miss-aligned, I had them adjusted once when first purchased, but they have slowly reverted back
    • Some slight wear on driver side lumbar support
    • Sideview mirrors have some rock chips exposing black color underneath.
    • PPF aging, would be good to get removed at some point.
    • Barcode on driver side door seems faded, some rubber along driver side small window has some light rippling. When noticing this after buying the car I initially I became worried that this car might have in a light accident that was covered up. However, I've asked three different Indy shops and a detailer to look for signs of an accident and non have seen anything. They were Brian Crall, Josh Hill, and Vinnie in Baton Rouge, and Alan Bigarov the detailer in Baton Rouge. The Carfax is clean. If this is a concern to you, I'd advise a PPI done for your own peace of mind.
    • The car came with a K1 radar system, but the back sensor was stolen on my drive back after purchasing my car. The front's still work.
    The latest pics were taken around two months ago. The fly-by video was taken in 2020 at the COTA FCA event I mentioned. More pics and video to come after I get her detailed again.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Beautiful color combo.

VAF84 likes this.
  3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    glws

VAF84 likes this.
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Beautiful! Congrats on the 3rd kid!

VAF84 likes this.
  5. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I like the stripes on the Daytona inserts and contrasting stitching. I'm betting that with a little leather work on the driver's side bolster it'll look really nice.
    It also appears to have the optional leather door sills and rear shelf.
    GLWS.

VAF84 likes this.
  6. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Best color combo for any F car, IMHO :cool:

Testarossa Lover and VAF84 like this.
  7. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Seriously, I never set out for this color combo; but when I saw it in person I fell in love with it. I wouldn't hesitate to outfit a future Ferrari in that combo.

Cigarzman likes this.
  8. Alex Rubin

Alex Rubin Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 18, 2020
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Alex
    @VAF84 how can I touch base with you, have some questions

9. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

DM Sent

10. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    What a bargain price. Has the market come down?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

#12 VAF84, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    To me it really is a bargain price, but the market will be letting me know soon enough! Especially since I have three years of documented maintenance and repairs compared to a lot of what's out in the market. My period of ownership has been well documented, and I've tried to make sure that the next owner would feel comfortable knowing what they were getting into; compared to me going completely blind when I purchased it. Regarding the market, If you look at it, the next Ferrari up is the 458 and that's $100k more. The next one down is the 360, and I'm seeing those in the 80's. If those two hold, then really The F430 should be in the $130-160k range. This is really the entry point to the modern Ferrari's.

Honestly though, I priced in a few things like higher interest rates, winter (non-driving season), not the resale red color combo, and some of its minor imperfections. Also, while I'm not in a crazy rush to sell, I don't want to sit on it for six months to a year. Will probably post to eBay soon to test that out. I also have a friend who mentioned putting it up on FB's Wholesale Exotic's page or something along those lines. However, I'd really like it to go to an FChatter who will appreciate the car and having the history.

MILEAGE UPDATE:

Currently at 28,225, and it may increase a little faster than usual since I just sold my TRX, and I'm waiting for my next pickup to arrive. For now the F430 will be my backup ride when I don't have access to my wife's daily. Since I have it for sale, I'm going to avoid using it much, but thought I should note this.

12. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    the interior is stunning

VAF84 likes this.
  13. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    May I ask what truck you sold the TRX for? If I didn't drive so much, I would have one as my daily, best half ton out there to me right now. Sorry for the off topic question.

14. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

#15 VAF84, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    Edit: Sorry, got carried away down there because I've been thinking about my issues with it for a really long time and I guess I just expressed myself! If you want to buy new, head over to the RAM TRX forum. Dan Deery in IA, Dan Cummins in KY, and Chapman (PA?), were offering massive discounts if you order from them. It will take about 5 months, but I got mine for 4% under invoice.

End Edit------

Man, there's so much I can say. I'll start with this. IMO it is bar none, the best driving truck ever made. Full stop. The engine, the transmission, the way it drives and shifts, is absolutely perfect. It is the only true sports car driving experience in a factory oem truck available. It was as fast if not a bit faster than this F430. It drives better than most sport compact cars. I was really sad to let it go, as I drove it in Baja mode to the dealer that I sold it to.

Unfortunately, that's not everything when it comes to a daily driver and first world problems led me to let it go.

For starters, I couldn't get behind the look. I'm more into luxury with a slightly more subtle presence. It's a great looking truck, just not "me" as a daily. I had a King Ranch F250 before the TRX. The TRX is in your face, off-road. When I auto-started the truck at 6am to hit the gym, the cold start would rattle the garage doors and make its presence known in the neighborhood. Loud is great for my Ferrari (or any sports car) that I drive occasionally, not great for everyday and everywhere. It's not a subtle vehicle, which also doesn't help as they are highly sought after by thieves. There are many owners who have had them stolen from homes, businesses, and airport parking lots. I was always worried someone would steal it.

Next, the MPG. This was my daily and I was getting 8-10mpg driving it fairly normal/brisk, not in sports mode. This is on a vehicle that I put 12k miles on in the course of 6 months. Sure, I can afford it, but it still gets to you subconsciously. I was planning a road trip to Denver and it was going to cost me $800 round trip in gas. Could fly for less.

Next, couldn't use the full extent of its power and didn't realize until the last two days how little of its capabilities I had explored. When working on my projects that were often in rural areas, I could exercise the power band. I've been back in the Austin area for two months now, and I just "put put" with that pedal itching to go all the time. As they say, more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. That tied in to the fact that the vehicle made me a more aggressive driver in the sense of taking bigger chances than I normally would, knowing the truck had the capability. With baby 3 on the way, I'm eliminating one more way to get myself killed, lol. A sports car is enough for that since it's not a daily; chances are lower.

Finally, I got my wife a new Yukon Denali, and I realized how much easier and more intuitive GM's layout was. Additionally (again first world problem), when I get into her car with my profile, the temp is perfect. We had some cold snaps and I'd get into a perfectly comfortable vehicle in hers. The RAM however, seemed to struggle to get the temp set with autostart. In the cold I'd auto start and come out, the car, seats, steering, would still be cold. That's primarily because the heating doesn't initiate until it dips below 40 degrees per factory programming. Lucky me, every morning was exactly 41 degrees, so I'd freeze. Then the heating/cooling buttons on the RAM are digital vs buttons on the GM, so a couple of extra steps in the AM vs one click with GM. Also, the suede steering wheel in the TRX is nice in theory, but not great for daily. The steering wheel is also a weird shape (thickness) across the top so it's not very comfortable on long drives. Adaptive cruise much easier and intuitive in the GM as well.

That's my list of first world problems with my TRX. What it boils down to is that if they had a mid to top tier trim (Limited, Laramie, Denali, Platinum, etc) with that exact same power plant and suspension I'd buy it in a heartbeat. They should make it like a $10k premium option sort of like getting a HD with the diesel engine. They did it on the Escalade, so I have no clue why they can't for the trucks. Why they only do it for the baja look, I'll never understand. Anyway, as you have guessed by now, the truck I'm looking for is a 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali, with the revised and power increased Duramax (305hp/495ftlb), 25mpg, and hopefully super cruise. I'm going to give it a small 2in lift and call it day.

blkfxstc likes this.
  15. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Put it on BAT, you’ll get close to that $160 number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I filtered the data on BAT and my price is actually around where it should be when considering year/color/mileage, possibly a couple of thousand light. Might sell for $120k if I'm lucky, but lose the difference on auction fees. Then again I feel I have it slightly discounted to encourage a quicker sell. Won't discount listing it there for the marketing though. Good tip, thanks!

https://bringatrailer.com/ferrari/f430/?yearFrom=2005&yearTo=2007&exclude=manual&timeFrame=year&result=sold

17. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    very nice combo …i always love the red carpets.
    i wish i had space in my garage .

VAF84 likes this.
  18. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    no way 160.

19. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    Only way a 430 hits $160k is being gated right now, or maybe an '09 with low miles. I think this is a very fair asking price, but I'd be prepared to negotiate or just hang on to it for a while longer. Beautiful car, it's just the soft market of today.

VAF84 likes this.
  20. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

My sentiments exactly.

21. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    What BaT fees would you lose out on? Sellers pay $99 to list and nothing more. The 5% fee is paid by the Buyer upon auction completion. Nothing is taken from the Seller.

Anyway, great looking car. I dig the color combo. Not every example needs to be red/tan.

VAF84 likes this.
  22. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    My first was Silver/Bordeaux Testarossa. Simply the best combo for a Ferrari. It should sell, the only issues I see is that cash buyers are vanishing in this market. Keep it if you don't get full asking or more. She is stunning.

VAF84 likes this.
  23. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Hadn't done my research yet, but I remembered something about the 5%. Thanks for clarifying that the buyer pays the fee. I'll most likely send that way next then. It's probably better than eBay.

HH11 likes this.
  24. electrophoretic

Dec 9, 2022
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I've sold 2 cars on BAT -- good experience both times, just pay a small listing fee, buyer pays the fees based on % of sale. Take lots of good photos and provide lots of info and that helps. Just set your reserve. I made the mistake of doing a no-reserve auction and got bit...vehicle sold for a lot less than I thought it would. Oh well. The other one went for much more, so I guess it balanced out.

VAF84 likes this.