Lamborghini Movie | FerrariChat

Lamborghini Movie

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by SVanDyck, Nov 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SVanDyck

SVanDyck Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joe Michaels
    I just wanted to let you guys know that if you were kind of looking forward to the new Lamborghini movie that came out today, you will be disappointed. I would basically give it a rotten tomatoes score of about a 10%. I feel like there was an interesting story to be told but the movie just failed miserably. The acting was not horrible but the screenplay, dialogue, production value we’re just terrible. It just seemed like a very cheap low budget film with a bad script.

Boomhauer and anunakki like this.
  2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The trailer didn't seem to look at that promising, a Mondial 8 beating a Countach in a drag race?

Also, someone explain this poster. WTF???!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

peterp likes this.
  3. SVanDyck

SVanDyck Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joe Michaels

It’s actually way worse than that. It’s an imaginary race where he’s driving against Enzo Ferrari through the streets of Italy. Enzo is driving the Mondial.

4. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Lamborghini movie may be the worst car movie of all time. Almost unwatchable.

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  6. Serie1926

Serie1926 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2012
    We rented on the Prime and enjoyed it.

7. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Watched it on Apple TV, it was OK, provided me with information about the story that I didn’t know before

8. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Looks super lame to me. They lost me at the drag racing scene, silly

9. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Just a terrible produced movie

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

10. Swarls

Swarls Rookie

Oct 5, 2022
    Full Name:
    Eric Morrison
    Was kinda looking forward to it honestly. After seeing opinions on it here, maybe not so much. Aw who am I kidding, I'll probably still watch it anyway. Will check back after to complain (or offer a different opinion).

11. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It's worth watching for Miura scenes alone-

12. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter

How can they have a Ferrari 250 California on the poster for a Lamborghini movie????? :eek:

How can they even think of pitting Mondial 8 against a Countach?????? :eek: :eek:

I know it's Hollywood, and I expect the worst, but this is stupidity beyond my ability to comprehend.

I'll probably watch the movie just to learn more about the story, but holy crap, this is ridiculous.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread (I'm just seeing it for the first time) -- it's impossible not to comment on this

13. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    I hated it. The movie basically ends right after the Miura is introduced. Everything that happened in the 70s on is just ignored. I think the movie spent way too much time on Mr. Lamborghini's love stories.

14. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Forgot all about this movie until @robstand bumped this thread. Had a chance to watch it this morning (currently free on Tubi). It actually isn't a bad movie. The story is pretty good -- I'd probably rate it a 7, when I really expected it to be a 1.

I don't know why they made such mindbendingly stupid choices that makes no sense to anyone who knows anything about cars. The dream sequence of a Mondial 8 (the slowest Ferrari ever (I'm a huge fan of the Mondial, but the 8 was legit slow due to bad timing on emission regulations)) against a V12 Lamborghini Countach. How can they use that match-up repeatedly to represent the rivalry???

Then the 1948 Mille Miglia race sequence just had 3 cars, Lamborghini's entry against a Mercedes 190SL (model didn't exist until 1955) and a Porsche 356 Convertible (Porsche was just getting started in Gmund in 1948) -- and the "race" footage looked like they were going 20 mph!!

Then there is the movie poster in @WJHMH post that has a picture of a Ferrari 250????

The lack of car knowledge in these choices are unforgivable, and almost offensive to a car person.

All of this said, the movie isn't that bad and provides a bit of insight into the early founding of Lamborghini.

15. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Also the scene with Enzo blowing off Lamborghini's complaints about Ferrari clutches shows Ferrari using the slogan "Ferrari -- When you want to be somebody". Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing Ferrari never used this obnoxious phrase as a marketing slogan.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Still haven't seen it unless it winds up on a streaming network for free.

17. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's on the "Tubi" streaming channel for free now (with ads, but ads are pretty minimal)

WJHMH likes this.