Lowering California on Stock Coilovers | FerrariChat

Lowering California on Stock Coilovers

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by bmeans, Nov 14, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bmeans

bmeans Rookie

Oct 15, 2016
    I know this topic has been raised in the past, but I wanted to see if there were any new experiences to be shared. I have a 2013 California on factory 20" wheels. I am considering lowering the car on the stock coilovers. Several Ferrari dealerships have told me they can only lower it 1/2 inch using this method, citing safety reasons. I was curious how far others that have lowered their California using this method have gone, whether they experienced any change in ride quality (any bounciness?), and whether scraping has been a problem.

2. Lizo

Lizo Rookie

Sep 24, 2021
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Delizo Batista
  3. Mhoram

Mhoram Karting

Apr 15, 2009
    When I bought my California it was a low as it would go on the coilovers. I didn't notice meaningful change bounce when I raised it back up.

But the under panels tell a story of a hard live of scrapping.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Many owners on this forum have gone 20mm lower on stock coilovers,and I have seen reports of up to 35mm. The only issue is that when lowered,the stock wheels/tires look too inboard in the wheel wells. Spacers and maybe longer bolts take care of this issue and also improve handling/

5. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Interested to hear as well.