New 328 GTB Owner - Where can I get it serviced? | FerrariChat

New 328 GTB Owner - Where can I get it serviced?

Discussion in '308/328' started by FellIntoA328GBT, Dec 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FellIntoA328GBT

Dec 14, 2022
    Hello all, I hope you are doing well. Due to a family member's passing, I have come into possession of a '86 328 GTB. It has been sitting since the early 90s. When it was parked, there was nothing wrong with it, and it's been kept in the same spot in a climate controlled garage since.

I'm located in WV, and I was wondering where or who I should check with to see about getting the car running. I would like to drive it a few times before I consider selling it, and I'm fine with paying for that. The paint and interior are in fine condition and I don't want a full restoration or anything, I would just like to drive it some, but I know nothing about this type of car.

So I guess my questions are, who or where should I take the car to get it drivable? Preferably on the East Coast. And is there any idea how much I should expect it to cost? Assuming nothing major is broken or busted due to the climate control, I'm expecting at least an engine rebuild after it sitting this long.

Thank you.

2. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    I am not sure where in West Virginia you are located, but our shop in Charlotte, NC (www.automotive-international.com) is one of the largest independent Ferrari repair facilities in the region. We also offer a pickup service as well. Feel free to give me a call at 704-962-9683 to discuss further

3. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    "a '86 328 GTB. It has been sitting since the early 90s." an US car ?

Can you please tell us more about this one of 135 ?

4. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Sounds like calling Glenn would be a good start ASSUMING you don't want to do the necessary evaluation/work yourself.

Depending on how it was stored for 30+ years the work (and cost) needed to put it back in good running condition could vary dramatically. For example, if left with ethanol fuel, everything in the fuel system, including the fuel distributer, could be gunked up with rock-hard deposits requiring a lot of labor and/or parts to put back in operating condition. Electrical gremlins may be present so the connections(including fuse/relay connections may require some attention. The climate-controlled garage may have helped preserve the "rubber" parts (and the electricals) to some extent but even if the hoses look OK, prudence would dictate replacing them. Cam (and other) belts and tires must be replaced, regardless of what Prudence says! :rolleyes:

MFlanagan likes this.