Roads ? ( SW Missouri & NW Arkansas ) | FerrariChat

Roads ? ( SW Missouri & NW Arkansas )

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by mikesufka, Jan 7, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Hey -

I’m in the planning stages for our next motorcycle trip - leaving St. Cloud, MN, on Thursday, August 31. Our plan is to be at Mount Magazine Lodge on Saturday, September 2. Leaving “the Lodge” on Monday the 4th.

Any recommendations on a nice loop between Osage Beach and Mount Magazine Lodge ? Must do roads between the two ?

I have some of the maps that Rob Lay posted regarding the Ferrari event held there a couple of years ago - that’s part of the reason we’re heading that way.

We’re also planning on pontoon boating in LOTO that Thursday and Friday on the way home to MN.

Thanks for any tips.

MDS

2. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Give me a call. Will get you hooked up.

GuyIncognito and mikesufka like this.
  3. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Thanks to Steve M. for taking the tine for a phone consult - roads, restaurants, hotels, and ideas galore :)

MDS

4. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    My pleasure. Will get you set up for a great time.

5. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I'm likely too far out of the way but you could come see the missile complex.

6. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    So Mike and I talked. We have a good idea of what they are looking for. I have sent him the GPS routes so will be easy navigating. I thought is would put the routes here. This area really has some of the best roads in the world to drive on. I thought everybody might like to know some of these roots in case others would like to do something similar.

The group was going to get from Minnesota down to Eureka Springs and begin their adventure out of that town. For dinner in Eureka Springs that night, I would recommend Grotto or Le Stick nouveau, Or there’s a number of very interesting dive bars or biker bars along the main drag.

Next morning will be a route from Eureka Springs down to the Weiderkehr winery. They have a neat restaurant in their original wine cellar. If that were not what folks would want, where you turn onto Highway 103, that is Oark Arkansas. The Oark General stores in a place for lunch also. Afternoon run will be from the winery down to mountain magazine. The afternoon run also goes to Subiaco. There’s a monastery there with a brewery that’s worth stopping at. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

mikesufka likes this.
  7. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    vinny72758 and mikesufka like this.
  8. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    #8 slm, Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    mikesufka likes this.
  9. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Third day will be a drive from Mountain magazine up to Branson Missouri. I believe they will be planning to stay at château on the lake. It’s a very nice place right on table rock lake with beautiful views, pretty good restaurant on site, boat rentals, etc. The morning leg will take them up to Jasper Arkansas. This run might be the finest set of roads anywhere than anybody could drive. Lunch will be at the Cliff House Inn overlooking the Arkansas Grand Canyon. The views are very nice.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ak Jim and mikesufka like this.
  10. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Steve -

Thank you so much for your help - we are super excited.

MDS

slm likes this.
  11. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    The World Famous Oark General Store:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

VelocityTexas, Waggntx, NSXER and 3 others like this.
  12. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Basically packed - pulling out Thursday morning - first run to Trenton, MO - hoping all goes well - will post a thread later.

MDS

slm likes this.
  13. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Y’all will have a blast.