SOURCE FOR (DEUTSCH?) CONNECTOR LOCKING CLIP | FerrariChat

SOURCE FOR (DEUTSCH?) CONNECTOR LOCKING CLIP

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 85QVEuro, Jan 9, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 85QVEuro

85QVEuro Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2021
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I mis-placed a few of the small metal wire clips that are used on many of the connectors in the engine bay. I purchased some replacement connectors of the same type but the clips are too large - Does anyone know a source for the original size/style metal retaining clip as in this picture? Thanks

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    You can try to make them yourself with paper clips...

3. 85QVEuro

85QVEuro Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2021
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Joe
    These are really AMP connectors, not Deutsch connectors. I need the thin clips like on the white connector (the sides are straight, then bent 90 degrees at the end). The thicker clip that is on the black connector in the picture was purchased as a possible replacement but they have a curve on the end which I tried to straighten to no avail. Thanks for the help

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Very common connector except for 2 things. A. Never seen the clips sold on their own. B. Most have switched over to newer style with different clip. Goes under generic name EV1. The old style like you need may be sold by many auto related electrical suppliers and there is a ton of them out there but they are sold by Winzer under PN # 553.91265 They are not typically in other colors than black or white. Buy a few and steal the clips.

BTW It was originally a Bosch connector and Bosch design but eventually became embraced and produced by nearly everyone. We used to call them the Bosch 2 wire connector.

5. 85QVEuro

85QVEuro Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2021
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Brian - thank you - very helpful. By searching for Bosch EV1, I found these which appear correct: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264826618693

The other one that looked correct but was not available anywhere is Dorman 85850. You can't buy Winzer products directly from them so you have to go through a distributor