The Last Bugatti Racing Cars | Page 7 | FerrariChat

The Last Bugatti Racing Cars

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Zeltweg, May 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I cannot tell, I just received my "Le Mans" copy with no slipcase - I sent an email to ask how / why.

2. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    This is very strange and frightens me a little bit as someone who ordered recently ...

3. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Wow, one day after I wrote to the German publisher, the parcel arrived with DHL Express! Unfortunately, nobody was there as no advance notice had been given, but tomorrow I will fetch it from the post office! Splendid!

Rosey and Zeltweg like this.
  4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I just finished reading the book; I think it's interesting and nicely presented. The many interviews - which seem to have got candid answers for the most - shed a nice light on the story.
    Regarding the slipcase, I have been (quickly, which is a first good point) answered that one will be sent to me.

Seppefan, Zeltweg and Buchpilot like this.
  5. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Today, I fetched my LM Edition from the post office, and I am extremely delighted!

Shipping was very fast and the packaging was 10 out of 10 stars. You can't protect a book better.

My first impression of the book itself is also very good as far as quality of print and production and image reproduction is concerned (of, course, I haven't read in it yet, so I can't say anything about the text).

The slipcase indeed could be a little bit stronger, but it feels great being covered with some sort of interesting layer. And the bright shining EB110 in the dark is a fine idea.

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I just bought it - I quickly browsed it but will report after proper reading ;)

Lars T., Zeltweg and joejackson like this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I just finished reading it.
    I bought it just being curious, wondering whether it would bring a different perspective compared to the "EB110 & the last Bugatti racing cars", and whether it would be a useful addition.
    Initially I was not convinced, since the EB110 book is more extensive (which is not surprising since it's a larger book); and I also think (but that may be subjective) that it's more logically organised - "The Italian Decade" has chapters more arranged by topics, so that the chronology development is harder to follow.
    On the other hand, the EB110 book looks more like an "official story" (although Gautam Sen apparently also had access to documents and information from the people involved), and therefore the comments may not have the same liberty.
    A question one may ask is, which book(s) should I buy of the two ?
    Eventually - and after careful thinking :p - my answer is rather counter intuitive:
    - if one only wants one book, buy "The Italian Decade"
    - otherwise buy both.
    But why not just buy the EB110 book, although it is more complete ?
    Because if someone has some interest in the topic, but does not think it is worth spending too much money, Gautam Sen's book already offers a good coverage.
    If someone wants to get a deeper knowledge, he will want the EB110 book but will also appreciate the few pieces of information and the alternative hindsight that are provided by the Italian Decade book - even though this book has a lot of information already provided by the EB110 book.

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Just as a follow up, today I received the slipcase that was missing with my EB10 book - the package was again of very high quality.

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    According to their web site, both GT and Le Mans editions are now sold out; only the IMSA edition is still available.
    So even if slowly it seems to sell, in spite of the "aggressive" pricing (I guess I also could be blamed for that, since I bought a "GT" copy).

Zeltweg and Buchpilot like this.
  10. vnomone

vnomone Rookie

Dec 2, 2023
    Full Name:
    J
    Got my copy imsa ed. From Hortons via Germany direct ship. Read it twice goes good with automobilia eb110 little book, book is good but not numbered and signed for such a price. And while eb110 logo glows in the dark the case gets dirty fast same as the silver cover of the actual book see pics
    I've tried everything and reached out to Hortons to pass info to German printer been a week no response from the Germans. Book is a good read, May get Italian decade next.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Zeltweg, gt4me and Buchpilot like this.
  11. vnomone

vnomone Rookie

Dec 2, 2023
    Full Name:
    J
    NürScud, gt4me, Buchpilot and 3 others like this.
  12. DeRRis

DeRRis Karting

Nov 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Dennis B
  13. vnomone

vnomone Rookie

Dec 2, 2023
    Full Name:
    J
    Is this book only about the artoli management or only about the eb110? Can you show more pictures of inside if you can? The reason I ask is cause I thought this Author had done a book on the eb110? And then I see it's Italian decade? I just finished reading trucco book it's basically a Stanzani book and his answer to artoli own book. Love to hear about your thoughts on this book compared to others? Sorry for long rant/question.

Zeltweg likes this.
  14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Sorry for looking like I'm loving to quote myself :rolleyes: - my view on this book and how it compares to "the EB110 & the last Bugatti racing cars" is in post #157...

For information, below is the table of contents of "the Italian Decade":
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.