How do I get the A/C Compressor out? | FerrariChat

How do I get the A/C Compressor out?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Sean F., Mar 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Doing my 308 30k service, I discovered the A/C has no charge and I'd like to get the compressor out completely.

I losened the fittings on the A/C lines at the compressor, but they only get so lose then seem to tighten up again? I'm not really sure what is going on with that.

Anyone have a suggestion?

2. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Pull on the rear of the lines while loosening. They will come off. They have o-rings on them too so look out for them. Getting the compressor out is a challenge. I am doing my 30K right now and it will take you sometime. 2 bolts at the bottom and three studs with nuts at the tops. Schrader valves are a common leak on this system.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You mean take it out permanently or for repair???

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    From memory you have to pull 4 or 5 studs (just double nut them). On the lines, I found it easier to remove the complete fitting from the compressor rather than separate the fitting from the lines.

Replace the two white seals.

Seal the lines (tape them up) - any trace of refridgerant (sp?) in the system will react with air/moisture and lead to lots of corrosion.

HTH