Any local Ferrari owners in portland | FerrariChat

Any local Ferrari owners in portland

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ShadowF430, Jan 27, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShadowF430

ShadowF430 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hello everyone. I finally pulled the trigger on a 458. Any locals around portland area (I’m in happy valley). I know Seattle has a great group up there. Would be great to meet some of the local guys around here. I have a good buddy with a lambo and another 5 people just buying lambos in the last month lol. The Ferraris are out numbered.

2. Jpwulf

Jpwulf Rookie

Sep 26, 2022
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    John Wulf
    I’ve got a 355 but am in Salem. Congrats on the 458!

3. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    Northwest Region Ferrari Club of America has a Portland/Vancouver chapter with many Ferrari owners - of all types (cars and owners). nwrfca.org is the website. I'm a senior citizen with an F430 in Vancouver. Congrats on your 458!

docster likes this.
  4. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks guys. I’ll check out that site. Age is just a number ;). Personally I’m 36, been into these types of cars for 10 years or so, I’ve been the young guy, old guy, it’s all the same. Good company is good company. Gona stop by buddies with a lambo evo now who is 50. If anyone around here gets out for the occasional cruise feel free to message me here or on Instagram @tallguyexotics

5. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    Lots of local Ferrari owners. I agree with wiley355 and get hooked up with the local Ferrari club. Visit Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo in Wilsonville.

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Definitely a lot of local Ferrari owners. I'm on the west side of town with a 612 and a 365GT.

zddy97210 likes this.
  7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Vancouver - 458, F12, 911, Evo

8. zddy97210

zddy97210 Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    Portland, OR
    I'm a 348 Spider owner in Irvington, hit me up!

donv likes this.
  9. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Does anyone ever meet just for a drive. Weather is crap now but in the summer i love hitting the back roads

10. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    There's a group of Ferrari owners that do this in the summer. Just join the Portland Ferrari club, I get texts inviting me on drives all the time. Then there's also the club drives.

11. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Where is the Ferrari Portland club. Is that through Ron Tonkin? or is that like the Ferrari club of America Portland chapter? Anyone on Instagram can message me there or here: @TallGuyExotics when I’m home on weekends always like meeting cool car ppls.

12. docster

docster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2004
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    David
    Ferrari Club of America can be joined by going to the website at https://ferrariclubofamerica.org/and choosing the Join Now button on the ribbon at the top of the page. The Portland/Vancouver Chapter is one of four in the Northwest Region of the FCA; you should be able to indicate Northwest Region and Portland/Vancouver Chapter as your respective region and chapter of choice during the signup process. Annual membership is currently $175, and comes with "perks" you can find information about on the website.

Portland/Vancouver Chapter has multiple social and driving activities every year, and any FCA activities nationwide are open to all members, regardless of one's "home" region or chapter. The Seattle area Puget Sound Chapter has multiple events (driving and social) every year. The smaller Inland Empire Chapter (Spokane area) and Central Oregon Chapter (Bend area) organize activities as well, including some great drives.

Our local Portland/Vancouver Chapter has short chapter meetings monthly, at Langer's in Sherwood, immediately following the large independent Portland Cars and Coffee event (which is held every Saturday). Our meeting this month is this coming Saturday, February 11. We also have some kind of dinner outing most months--this month it's on February 18, in honor of Enzo Ferrari's birthday anniversary--as well as smaller impromptu "meet up and drive somewhere" gatherings of smaller groups. The latter aren't official Ferrari Club events, and may include non-member enthusiasts.

I suspect you would enjoy and benefit from joining FCA, and I hope you'll give it a try!

wiley355 likes this.
  13. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Working on getting 308 put back together, but would like to do some runs when the weather permits.

wiley355 and docster like this.
  14. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That sounds really fun. My issue is I travel wayyyy too much for work so when I can get out for a decent weekend I’m in. Between work, wife and a 4 year old and 3 month old, time is scarce. Wasn’t sure if ppls here just meet up randomly but sounds like most are part of the FCA. A bunch of friends are doing cars n coffee tomorrow but I caught a cold :/. Have to check back here in the comming weeks/months :).

15. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I need to get out to the Langers cars & coffee-- I used to go pretty regularly to the one at World of Speed, but for whatever reason I have never gotten around to going to Langers.

I would like to see something get started at the Skyline Restaurant, as they are open Saturday mornings and there is quite a bit of space. Avants (a club you might be interested in joining) had an event there last weekend, but I was out of town.

Avants is at www.avants.com. They do lots of stuff.

16. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I was actually there last week, well the meet up spot that was split at 503 motoring and dons house. I was about to roll up and had an unexpected situation come up right before we rolled out. The wife even took her little Hyundai just so we could all get out.

17. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
  18. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Isnt that right in your backyard? To be fair I’ve only gone one time. The one time I went I took the R8 and while I appreciated the organized event, I disliked how the organizers acted like cops. There was a ton of open spots but they were directing me basically to the mud in my R8. Haven’t been back since lol. Combo of just busy with work and having the kids.

19. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I grew up within walking distance of the Skyline, and my brother (who is the big car collector in the family) lives in our old family house to this day.

He was out of town last weekend, or I'm sure he would have been there as well.

20. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I have a 2004 red Modena 360. F1. She’s currently in the shop to de-sticky parts. Taking advantage of the current winter season to address. Hoping the car will be ready end of March for a drive during a rain break.

docster likes this.
  21. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Perfect time. I don’t usually drive in rainy weather, really avoid the deicer. Will be great to get out in a few months.

22. Franchise1450

Franchise1450 Karting

Apr 20, 2019
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Franchise1450
    I had 458 for a few years, then nada, now a sweet f430 I just picked up. My friends are losers who drive ****ty boring cars. Happy to meet up :)

23. Jpwulf

Jpwulf Rookie

Sep 26, 2022
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    John Wulf
    And I’m in Salem with a F355 Berlinetta… would love to do a drive sometime!

Franchise1450 likes this.
  24. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I got ppf so I drive in any weather. First drive in my F430 was in snow coming back from Ron Tonkin. First drive in my other Ferraris was rain. First drive in the EVO was in the snow to Hood River.

25. ShadowF430

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Nice, more people to the area. I won’t be able to drive for a bit….. wife totaled 458 last month so it will be a minute till I find a replacement:(. Always down to just meet up and talk cars over beers :)

Franchise1450 likes this.