Sold - 2012 Ferrari FF - Canna Di Fucile / Sabbia - CPO Warranty - $135K OBO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 2012 Ferrari FF - Canna Di Fucile / Sabbia - CPO Warranty - $135K OBO

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by greggmorton, Dec 11, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    DM sent but will ask here as others might be curious as well.

Service records? Anything due immediately?

Also, if I’m seeing this right you only joined this forum to sell this car? Anyone here vouch for you?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. ilko

ilko Karting

Aug 20, 2008
    Does it have the front end lift? Didn't see it in the option list and the steering wheel obscures the view of where the button would be. Thanks!

3. greggmorton

greggmorton Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Gregg Morton
    Hey there PCarRI - thanks for reaching out and your questions.

I do have some recent service records, and prior to that the car has been serviced only at a Ferrari dealer so I am sure we can track down the rest if necessary.

Nothing is due immediately. The 40K service including oil, brake fluid, and spark plugs was done in May. Additionally, in April the PTU was serviced after throwing codes. It was serviced under warranty at Ferrari Long Island. Also, the leather on the dash and headliner has been repaired from pulling and drooping - both common issues for each location respectively.

Front tires just went on last week and the rears went on in May so have a couple thousand miles on them.

The car is very solid and is a great daily drivable example; no need to worry about miles.

I did not join the forum only to sell this car. I upgraded my account to list recently, but I have been on the forum lurking for a bit. I aspired to own a Ferrari and this was my first. I’m not sure anyone can vouch for me here, but Rennlist would be able to. I’ve sold there.

Hope this helps! I’ll respond to your DM now.

4. greggmorton

greggmorton Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Gregg Morton
    Thanks Ilko!

It does not have the lift, but I have found with the stock ride height a lift is not necessary. It has plenty of ground clearance, and using a diagonal angle of attack when the clearance is a little tight is more than sufficient.

njcycleguy likes this.
  5. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

What goes into a PTU service? I thought it was replacement or rebuilt only.

6. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    I can attest to this - after owning an FF which was even lowered on factory springs I still didn't need the lift. Lift is unnecessary on FF's IMHO.

greggmorton likes this.
  7. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Gregg I did respond to your DM, but I also think it’s fair to post this question here as well. It looks like the same pics are being used to sell an FF at iLusso in Miami. Is the car on consignment with them?

Thought you might be interested in this CarGurus listing:
    2012 Ferrari FF GT AWD - $134,980 (FAIR_PRICE)
    Mileage: 39,000 Location: North Miami, FL
    https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/343046002

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

greggmorton likes this.
  8. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    x2, have had two FF's on Novitec lowering springs and still never need to use the lift.

ernie and greggmorton like this.
  9. greggmorton

greggmorton Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Gregg Morton
    I did have the car on virtual consignment with iLusso which means I still have possession of the car. It is not a traditional consignment arrangement. A deal done here would not go through iLusso.

10. StigNet

StigNet Rookie

Jan 6, 2023
    Full Name:
    Tommy M
    Is this eligible for Power15 warranty?

greggmorton likes this.
  11. greggmorton

greggmorton Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Gregg Morton
    Hey StigNet! I cannot make any guarantees on the car’s ability to certify for an extended warranty through Ferrari. However, I am not aware of any issues that would cause Ferrari to not be able to further certify and warranty the car.

I understand that might not be the best answer, but I don’t think you can be 100% certain until you go down that path with a dealer. And I have not done that.

As a reminder, the car does have the 2 Year Power warranty which is good until May 2023.

I hope this helps!

12. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Asking again. Thanks!

13. doobooloo

doobooloo Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    I’m also curious about this - thanks much in advance!

14. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    add me to the list of folks curious about a PTU service... I also was not aware it could be serviced, what did this entail??? GLWS

15. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    These are the pictures that were used previously at another dealer mid to late last year as I was looking at this car, think they were in the east coast or something like that. I remember calling in to buy this but the buyer had beat me to it on that same day. Be good to get recent picture of the car, not that I am in the market anymore.

16. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    I have the lift on mine and while I don't use it often there has been times I have been very happy to have it.

17. Jaredsalinsky

Jaredsalinsky Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2023
    tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Jared salinsky
    Hey a bit late to the game here. Is this car still available? Ty

18. greggmorton

greggmorton Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Gregg Morton
    Hey guys - apologies for radio silence on this thread. The car now has a deposit on it and is pending a satisfactory PPI for sale.

To address the PTU question, the oil and hydraulic fluid in the unit has been flushed and replaced. As part of that, the seals were inspected and no leaks were found. The PTU has not had any issues during my ownership.

19. Jaredsalinsky

Jaredsalinsky Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2023
    tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Jared salinsky
    Thanks for getting back. If the deal falls through please let me know. I’m interested. Ty

20. greggmorton

greggmorton Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Gregg Morton
    Car has sold. Thanks to everyone interested!

Kainedogg, ernie and Toddlunger like this.