Glickenhaus' SCGs | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Glickenhaus' SCGs

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by Igor Ound, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    004S looks really fun - out of all his cars, that's the one I'd have.

All the best,
    Andrew.

Ryan S. likes this.
  2. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Agree. Do we have production numbers of any kind yet? Not really wanting to spend time researching that lol.

3. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    So 25 003s were supposed to be made. Did that happen?

Is 004 having a similar production run?

4. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Looks like there were supposed to be 30 build slots in 2020 for the 004s. Looking for info to see if that happened.

5. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I think only 2 or 3 003s were made and they aren't making any more. Focusing on the 004 which has started to be built for customers, and the Boots. They have a relationship with NY dealer HK Motorcars.

BJK likes this.
  6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Looking for info? If you had read previous posts you would have found info. ;)
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/148953808/

I think I read about this pandemic thing which threw most timelines in the world out the window.

7. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #432 atomicskiracer, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    Nope on the 003s, even though he claimed many were sold.

More concerning is the 004s. The gold car that was originally referred to by Glickenhaus as the first customer car (delivered at Goodwood over a year and a half ago) has now been reclaimed as just a pre-production car. Now another car in production is being referred to as job 1.

If I had an order or was an investor, I would be very concerned, especially given they're still pushing $$ resources to other projects such as the 008, street version of their hypercar, and the boot (which was also supposed to have customer deliveries by now). I absolutely wish them the best, have been watching them intently from the start, but until a production street car makes it into private hands it all seems like smoke and mirrors.

8. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    I read the whole thread again.
    Unless it’s in a video Jims last production number update was a few years back. It was also a year into covid when he gave that update.

As I like the boot and 004s a lot I’m curious to see where the company stands overall? We need more companies like this.

What is the status of the hydrogen truck?

9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i absolutely love his original p4/5 styling but this is as bad as that was great. painful. maybe tone it down by making the black trim body color?

red27, boxerman, HotShoe and 3 others like this.
  11. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    it'll look better in different colours :0

12. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    That pic in particular seems quite odd. If you view the other photos, not nearly as, I don't know, distorted? But agree a solid color would be better.

13. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #441 BJK, Feb 20, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    Glickenhaus Blasts ‘Idiotic’ IMSA Decision to Block SCG 007 Hypercar From Racing
    IMSA requires that manufacturers sell 2,500 road cars to the public to be eligible to race.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/glickenhaus-blasts-idiotic-imsa-decision-to-block-scg-007-hypercar-from-racing

Glickenhaus says it has suffered “huge” financial damage due to IMSA’s decision not to allow its 007 Le Mans Hypercar to race in the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
    https://us.motorsport.com/imsa/news/glickenhaus-has-suffered-huge-damage-from-being-blocked-by-imsa/10433480/

sooo, what he's saying is, it was an idiotic decision to build a hyper race car before knowing the rules. :eek: :rolleyes:

Ryan S., werewolf and tritone like this.
  14. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    If this paragraph from that article is correct, then he's right to be pissed ...

Glickenhaus was reportedly given assurances by IMSA back in 2020 that his 007 car would be eligible to race this year, which is why he even began his WEC program to begin with. Glickenhaus claims that, had IMSA stated from the beginning that the 007 car would be ineligible, he wouldn't have gone forward with the program at all.

15. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    He said, She said. Show me proof in writing. Committing/spending that much money based on 'assurances'? pleeze o_O :rolleyes:

werewolf likes this.
  16. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Another example of what a genius elon is. Everyone else gets crushed by car biz

BJK and Ryan S. like this.
  17. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Always figured him for a smart guy........funny how he forgot who to get the "assurances" from.......maybe the check should have left the dollar amount blank.....:rolleyes:

18. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Need to wait for more info to have an opinion on this (in my opinion). The article is very poorly written in that "reportedly given assurances" isn't clear whether there are other sources have said that or just Jim saying that. If it was just Jim, the author should have written "Jim said ...".

Objectively, the 2500 cars produced per year is a ridiculous requirement for a GTP class that has nothing to do with production cars. That excludes any startup from ever having any chance of participating. In the old days, there would be homologation requirements to build a fixed number of cars of a given model to participate, which could be attainable for a small production car company, but requiring producing 2500 cars annually excludes any supercar manufacturer, and anyone but mainstream manufacturers from participating.

It seems highly unlikely that Jim would go through this whole expense ignoring a standing rule that so thoroughly excludes all but mainstream manufacturers. I''m sure more info will come out. Suggest waiting for additional info before forming an opinion.

werewolf, sailfly and BJK like this.
  19. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004

BJK, 95spiderman and F2003-GA like this.
  20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Sucks they never really built 003 other than the 2 or 3 chassis we have seen. That one was gorgeous. But too expensive?

atomicskiracer and BJK like this.
  21. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    really hope some customer cars actually get made - it's been how long , 5-6 years since the announcement?

22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The Boot is simply awesome.