Help with History of my 1985 Countach | FerrariChat

Help with History of my 1985 Countach

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by f4udriver, Feb 17, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    End of 87 beginning of 1988 I purchased a 1985 4 valve DD Countach # 12828. My recollection is that it was owned by Electrolux and supplied to Michael Andretti as part of some racing sponsorship.

I can't find anything on the internet that Electrolux ever sponsored Michael Andretti.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    My records show a title in the name of Electrolux Feb of 1986 and a title in the name of a Don Castle of Little Rock AR , Sept of 86. I bought it from Ritchie Auto in Jan of 88.

I had a conversation several years ago with a gentleman who said he owned the sister car to mine at one time. I didn't know there were 2. He asked me if mine had gold pinstripes, which it does.

I don't follow racing, so I am asking for help from anyone who knows more about the ownership by Electrolux and maybe even the first owner.

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    reaching out to
    @joe sackey
    might be a good place to start

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Electrolux definitely sponsored Michael Andretti, in fact they sponsored the Andretti family, Mario and Jeffrey as well.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Tenney likes this.
  6. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Beat me to it- You will not find a more knowledgeable and accessible, ethical source of information on classic Lambos than Joe S.

joe sackey and JTSE30 like this.
  7. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Thanks for the information

Does anyone by chance have pictures of the Countach from when it was at the races. I was told that it was used for press rides and driven on the race course.

8. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    #8 raymondQV, Feb 18, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
    FLA12828:
    Prod. #741 to Emilian Auto, Bologna, Italy on 10 May 85. Springfield, Illinois, USA.
    Engine Number: 1029
    Exterior Color: Nero
    Interior Color: Champagne

FLA12828 Imported by Steve McMillen in May 1985 to Springfield, Illinois, USA.
    Records show a title in the name of Electrolux Feb of 1986 and a title in the name of a Don Castle of Little Rock AR , Sept of 86

1988: Mike G., Springfield, IL 62704 I bought it from Ritchie Auto in Jan of 88.

Believed to have been owned by Mario Andretti, though not yet confirmed.
    -> I have my doubts, that would have been a short period in the 1986 saison and Michael had his private Countach(s) as well - but never say never -> the Andrettis should know.

9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    By 1985 Mario Andretti had LP500S ELA12773 as a personal car, one which we sold in the past after his ownership, I believe that is the only carbureted Countach Mario owned and he sold it to get his USA 1989 25th Anniversary.

I beleive FLA12828 was Michael Andretti's car.